Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite the opposite really. He's stated several times in very recent interviews that he really wants to get married and settled down and soon. I need to find a link or links.

His most recent interview on his return from Iraq we got these quotes;

‘You ain’t ever going to find someone who’s going to jump into the position that it would hold. Simple as that,’ he said in a recent interview to mark the end of his tour of duty in Afghanistan.
Asked whether he was actually single, he cryptically replied: ‘I’m just out here doing my job. That’s all I can say at the moment.’

He says: ‘I don’t think you can ever be urged to settle down. If you find the right person and everything feels right, then it takes time . . . especially for myself and my brother.’

Baby comments were

“Obviously I'm thrilled for both of them,” he said during an interview in Helmand Province which was took place about ten days after the announcement of the Royal pregnancy but can only now be reported.
“It's about time,” he joked. “I can't wait to be an uncle.”

Prince Harry will not be attending Cressida's half sisters wedding to Sam Branson now.

So that put a dent in the reports that he's about to meet her parents at the wedding. I what think get on my nerves (I know it must get on Harry's nerves too) the most is that the media really want to rush his relationships. It seems like the media want another royal wedding right now and they already writing about what it would be like having this young lady in the family.

Last edited:
Because of his engagements? I just figured he might go to support his friend, but I agree the media speculation and attention is ridiculous. I wonder how it affects a relationship when you've got all the craziness of the world media on you.

Makes you really admire Kate for still marrying William despite the media madhouse.

Because of his engagements? I just figured he might go to support his friend, but I agree the media speculation and attention is ridiculous. I wonder how it affects a relationship when you've got all the craziness of the world media on you.

Makes you really admire Kate for still marrying William despite the media madhouse.

The wedding would get press coverage with Harry there or not, from what I heard Hello! have coverage. He was possibly never invited, or has turned it down because of his trip.

Prince Harry’s smitten with Cressida Bonas, but won’t be at her sister’s wedding:
Prince Harry

I read he was going to the wedding as her plus one although he was invited. I think he's rushing things because his friends and brother is married and it's expected of him. I have lots of respect for Chelsy Davy, she never talked about Harry and their relationship. He should have lots of repect for her also.

I do hope he doesn't rush into a marriage just because everyone else he knows is married.

I read he was going to the wedding as her plus one although he was invited. I think he's rushing things because his friends and brother is married and it's expected of him. I have lots of respect for Chelsy Davy, she never talked about Harry and their relationship. He should have lots of repect for her also.

I think perhaps Harry has known Cressida far longer than we're picturing here and probably has met her mother before.

Years ago, William and Harry's circle of friends were called the Glossy Posse and as has been mentioned, Cressida's half sister Isabella was in that circle. Its very possible and perhaps even probable that Cressida was among this set of friends at times. If so, a good friendship between Harry and Cressida is a good foundation for a more serious relationship and its very possible that he's realizing just who he wants to settle down with. Time will tell.

I don't think Harry would impulsively rush into a marriage just for the sake of being married. If anyone would steer Harry away from that, it'd be his dad. I do think though that he's seeing his brother and his friends all settling down and is getting the urge too. Its totally normal. Also, after seeing Harry interact with children, I can imagine he will be a wonderful father and uncle.

WHoever Harry finally loves and marries, she will be a senior member of the BRF - not there to fade into the background as was supposed to happen with Andrew and Sarah. IMO it was made clear at the Jubilee service that William/Catherine and Harry/ANO will provide core support to QEII and then Charles for the next 20 years.

Whoever he chooses needs to be well grounded and resiliant - as well as being the love of Harry's life!

It's a rather tall order to have to not only chose your relationship partner, but your business partner as well, one who, along with her family, can deal with the press. He'd almost have to choose someone blind and deaf; one who does not read the papers, does not listen to TV. Moreover, picking on disabled persons are the one taboo still left in our society. I'm being facetious of course, but it shows how difficult the situation is and what he'd have to do to avoid the vicious press.

:previous:

So right - the current press furore has appalled me. I dont remember it being this bad in 2006 for Catherine - but Im probably wrong.

The other thing I read today is that the press have been posting the personal photos that Cressida and her circle have on Facebook. Perhaps she should have changed her settings.

Just proves that nothings private on the net.

I don't think Harry is rushing into anything but I think it's good to see him with someone he clearly likes.

:previous:

So right - the current press furore has appalled me. I dont remember it being this bad in 2006 for Catherine - but Im probably wrong.

The other thing I read today is that the press have been posting the personal photos that Cressida and her circle have on Facebook. Perhaps she should have changed her settings.

Kate and Will's relationship had many more benefits. They were very young when they met and at university. They were allowed to date and live together behind the scenes for quite a number of years, which afforded them privacy during the early days.

As for Facebook.... sigh. A lot of people get hung out to dry based on social media. As an attorney, I always tell clients DON'T post on social media while case is in progress, take down your profiles, and if you insist upon doing so anyway, whatever you do, don't discuss the case or anything related to it. She might have strict privacy settings, but maybe one of her FB "friends" sold out.

Now that Cressida is world famous, social media is not really an option for her. I'm sorry to say it, but it's true. I'd give her the same advice I give my clients.

She certainly is a beautiful girl. I looked at the pictures in the linked article. Movie star pretty. She has wonderful physical "genes". But the only time we see her is in the venue of party and drinking. The article said Princess Beatrice had been at this party resort four times in the last two months, and shows a picture of Beatrice looking a little goofy on purpose, with her and a more demure Eugenie. The article said they went upstairs and continued to drink, at the bar, after dinner with drinks. That does not sound promising. Can Harry and Cressida learn to live without boozing? It seems William and Kate did, as far as we can tell.

I do hope he doesn't rush into a marriage just because everyone else he knows is married.
Why do people assume that Harry is not the sharpest knife in the drawer and make stunningly awful life changing decisions. There is nothing in his past to support this. In fact, had Chelsy not baulked at the whole "The Firm" deal I firmly believed he may have married before his brother.

I think perhaps Harry has known Cressida far longer than we're picturing here and probably has met her mother before.

Years ago, William and Harry's circle of friends were called the Glossy Posse and as has been mentioned, Cressida's half sister Isabella was in that circle. Its very possible and perhaps even probable that Cressida was among this set of friends at times. If so, a good friendship between Harry and Cressida is a good foundation for a more serious relationship and its very possible that he's realising just who he wants to settle down with. Time will tell.

I don't think Harry would impulsively rush into a marriage just for the sake of being married. If anyone would steer Harry away from that, it'd be his dad. I do think though that he's seeing his brother and his friends all settling down and is getting the urge too. Its totally normal. Also, after seeing Harry interact with children, I can imagine he will be a wonderful father and uncle.
I think you are right, Harry has probably known Ceressida for several years, but as a cohort of his young cousin Eugenie, not as a possible love interest. Whilst not in the same age difference, everyone thought Charles knew Diana and vice versa because he had "posse" partied with her older siblings and had, in fact, dated a couple of them.

So right - the current press furore has appalled me. I don't remember it being this bad in 2006 for Catherine - but I'm probably wrong.
We forget very easily that the media followed William, ostensibly from afar whilst he was at University, but enough so we knew who Catherine was. And, by the time the engagement finally rolled around, were soundly roasting her as "Waity Katy". Not much distance there.

Anyone with any nous whatsoever knows that nothing, bar nothing, is private on the net and that Facebook is a gift to the exploiters. It's like knowing that you should pull your curtains before you undress or people will be looking at you. Hardly rocket science.

Yeah, I have to admit that I did think Harry & Chelsy was going to make it to the alter.

We forget very easily that the media followed William, ostensibly from afar whilst he was at University, but enough so we knew who Catherine was. And, by the time the engagement finally rolled around, were soundly roasting her as "Waity Katy". Not much distance there.

It's true that the press was still all over that relationship, but it did take them a bit to start speculating on marriage (and then a bit more to start complaining about the lack thereof). It's easy to forget that they've been together (however on and off) for 10 years. They were in their early 20s when they started dating, marriage speculation took a bit to happen.

The same isn't true, at this point, with Harry. While marriage speculation may have taken a bit to start when he was with Chelsy - owing to their ages - it won't now. He's nearing 30, the age when most members of his family marry by, and has expressed a desire to marry and have kids. That means that everyone he dates is going to be gaged on the suitability for marriage (and he himself), regardless of how newly public the relationship may be.

Yeah, I have to admit that I did think Harry & Chelsy was going to make it to the alter.

I think everyone thought it. They were together for the better part of 5 years, at which point it's a natural assumption that they will, eventually, make it down to the alter.

When you think about it and all those years that Harry was dating Chelsy, its very possible that Cressida was part and parcel of their circle of friends and it just went by unnoticed. Once Chelsy was out of the picture, perhaps the time was right for Harry to see Cressida and sit up and take notice of her. This often happens to people in their 20s who perhaps saw the younger girls as kids 5 years before. Then again, Cressida could very well be just a close friend from his circle of long term friends.

I do think Harry will remain good friends with Chelsy just as William has remained good friends with Jecca Craig (remember the faux engagement thingie?).

With Harry, I'll start looking for a royal wedding if and when KP announces it.

Gosh, I don't know if I can handle all the "could be the next Royal bride" business. Good for Harry if he thinks he has found someone he can spend the rest of his life, and someone who is aware of the lifestyle that will be ahead of her. I just hope he waits for a while like his uncle Edward did. That way Cressida understands the life she will have, and all the duties and such that it will entail. This is where Charles and Andrew went wrong (even Sarah felt that way), and I hope now that Edward waited and managed to get it right that his nephew will do the same. They have only been together, if this is true, for a few months. Does not mean a proposal is on the cards! Harry should do what Edward did when he released a press statement telling the press to leave Sophie alone as they had only got together and he did not want to ruin it basically.

The 29-year-old prince made his appeal for more privacy in letters to newspaper editors.There has been widespread speculation that Edward would soon announce his engagement to public relations executive Sophie Rhys-Jones, 28.
"I am taking this unusual step of writing to you directly in the hope of stopping your reporters and photographers from destroying that part of my life that I am entitled to regard as private and, more importantly, Sophie's life," the prince wrote.

Harry should try and do the same, though I don't think it would really do anything to be fair as Harry is so popular.

This articles are all so reminiscent of when Andrew and Edward had many girlfriends who were "possible royal brides". The press never change their tune, they just change the name from "Edward" and "Sophie" to "Harry" and "Cressida".

Last edited:
I think Prince Harry is smart, bright and a very nice young man. I also think he likes attention and sometimes speak before he thinks which can get him into trouble. I only wish him happiness because he and his brother lost their mother at such a young age and they will be forever in the spotlight.

I thought this article was insulting to Chelsy Davy. She has never spoken of Prince Harry and it's discussing how she is being treated in the papers. I thought the papers in the USA were bad but other countries can be as brutal. Chelsy have never discussed the Royal Family and I'm sure Harry discussed his life with her. My mom always said "if you can't say something good about someone don't say anything at all". Good words to live by.

I personally think that the tabloids have blown this relationship all out of proportion in an attempt to sell copy.

I thought this article was insulting to Chelsy Davy. She has never spoken of Prince Harry and it's discussing how she is being treated in the papers. I thought the papers in the USA were bad but other countries can be as brutal. Chelsy have never discussed the Royal Family and I'm sure Harry discussed his life with her. My mom always said "if you can't say something good about someone don't say anything at all". Good words to live by.

Are you talking about this article? http://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/2013022611316/chelsy-davy-leaving-party/

Why would you say it was insulting? They simply mentioned the party for her and that she is leaving. I fail to see the insult there.

I personally think that the tabloids have blown this relationship all out of proportion in an attempt to sell copy.

I agree, the media now bringing up marriage for these two and making it seem like Chelsy is leaving London for good because of this new relationship.

From what I see Chelsy and Harry have moved on but remain good friends. Chelsy and a couple of friends usually travel abroad for awhile. I don't think she will leave London all together, she have a great group of friends there. Most likely she'll go traveling and probably go back to Africa for awhile. She always make her way back to London though.

I think Harry is just taking things slow but it probably feel good for him to at least let the media know he's in a relationship. We'll see how everything goes. The summer will kick in and he'll be participating in polo matches and go out on the town. We may see him and his new lady together again.

Harry inherited a little money from his mum. He could resign as prince and go into business, if he has any business training. As his cousin Alexander Windsor did, resigned from the army and went into business. Then he wouldn't have to take the guff to such a degree. He would always take some guff, but not so much. Let the other royals like Bea and Eug take on duties in his stead, and Edward and Sophie, and all the others who could do it. I guess from reports that Bea and Eug made a hit in Prussia at the opening of the refurbished palace there. They can do it!
I know I have eccentric opinions, but I think it would nice if Harry could have a real life.

I don't think the media would ever let one of Diana's boys go off and live their own life even if they stepped aside and 'quit' the family, they would always be followed.

LaRae

Why do people think he would want to stop being a member of the BRF? He said in his Afghanistan that he was looking forward to more royal duties this year. He may not like press attention on his private life but I don't think that is the same as wanting to give up being who he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom