The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1101  
Old 12-02-2013, 10:31 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
No they are still in there, and they dont have anywhere else. But they pay for it.
AND, they work for it. I'm thinking the quote was taken out of context - referencing where Harry could fit when he marries and has children. Should not have been mentioned IMHO.
__________________

__________________
It feels like a place where no truth goes unquestioned and where there is much more discovering to be done in the world" The Duke of Cambridge, 12/9/14

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
  #1102  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:17 AM
zarat's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Szczecin, Poland
Posts: 693
Cressida Bonas thanks to her relationship with prince Harry is on the cover of "Point de vue"!
Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
__________________

  #1103  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
British Royals ‏@britishroyals 8h
Prince Harry's current & former flames, Cressida & Chelsy, were present at the annual carol service. Note: they also both attended last year

Cressida Bonas hits carol service armed with book on 'Why Love Matters'-
Cressida Bonas hits carol service armed with book on 'Why Love Matters' | Royal | News | Daily Express

Pictures:
Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund Event in London-
Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund Event in London - Pictures - Zimbio

Well that's awkward! Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy and current girlfriend Cressida Bonas attend same carol service-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l-service.html

I do miss Chelsy's bubbly personality.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #1104  
Old 12-05-2013, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 2,021
The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much. She will pose happily with her family on some red carpet to promote her brother, but a couple of photographers she can't take it. That does not seem like a good sign.
  #1105  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much. She will pose happily with her family on some red carpet to promote her brother, but a couple of photographers she can't take it. That does not seem like a good sign.
I think the opposite. She's saying loud and clear that photographers are not wanted and are in intrusion. On a red carpet where being photographed is one thing but in this case, she realizes that she's being photographed for the sole reason being that she is dating Harry. She definitely would know Harry's feelings about intrusions and the press.

I'd rather see her ducking photogs rather than seeing her actively seeking the photographer's attention.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #1106  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 2,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much.

Exactly!
Thanks to him she looks ridiculous (reminds me of that picture of Pippa's gun-toting friend in Paris). She should have just smiled and kept walking.
  #1107  
Old 12-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
I would rather like her to provide a nice smile but those photographers are probably throwing all kinds of embarrassing questions at her to get a reaction from her. We have to remember that these paps talk to them to get them to make a reaction.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #1108  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Elly C's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Worcester, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,065
I'm with the view that a simple smile is the best option. I'm sure that certain members of the press must seek to provoke a reaction from her, but hiding behind someone's coat is not a good idea and will only encourage more baiting from the media.
  #1109  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Victorian-Dandy's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: York, United Kingdom
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
I'm with the view that a simple smile is the best option. I'm sure that certain members of the press must seek to provoke a reaction from her, but hiding behind someone's coat is not a good idea and will only encourage more baiting from the media.


I would have thought the best course of action would have been to keep smiling, say nothing and walk on. Hiding behind a coat when you have already been photographed seems a little over dramatic to me.
  #1110  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:42 AM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think the opposite. She's saying loud and clear that photographers are not wanted and are in intrusion. On a red carpet where being photographed is one thing but in this case, she realizes that she's being photographed for the sole reason being that she is dating Harry. She definitely would know Harry's feelings about intrusions and the press.

I'd rather see her ducking photogs rather than seeing her actively seeking the photographer's attention.
When she is on a red carpet, she's also being photographed because she's Harry's girlfriend. Yet she doesn't mind. She goes to many events (not just her brother's) and poses in the red carpet and all that.
And then she comes and makes this oh-I-hate-the-spotlight face in events more related with Harry.
Something is wrong here, IMO
  #1111  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,119
She can't win. No matter what she does she will either be criticized or subject to unwanted attention. I haven't seen the picture but she has the right not to want to be photographed. The media is using her to make money. What does she get out of it? She loses her privacy and is subject to criticism about her hair, clothes, friends, etc... It must be very frustrating.
  #1112  
Old 12-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Dman's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,013
Being a girlfriend to these high profile royals isn't easy in the modern and advanced media world. Catherine got the worst end of things when she was dating William. I think only real love and friendship can help you get through it all.
__________________
"If you are always trying to be normal you will never know how amazing you can be."

Dr. Maya Angelou
  #1113  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:26 AM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
She can't win. No matter what she does she will either be criticized or subject to unwanted attention. I haven't seen the picture but she has the right not to want to be photographed. The media is using her to make money. What does she get out of it? She loses her privacy and is subject to criticism about her hair, clothes, friends, etc... It must be very frustrating.
Of course, she has the right not to like to be photographed. My point is that sometimes it seems she likes, sometimes she acts as if she doesn't. Sounds to me like if she's playing a game.
  #1114  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 464
It's a huge diffrenced if you are on a red carpet and prepaired for the press; or you are hounded by paparazzis, in your private time - followed and people jumping in your way etc.

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the diffrence? It should be the most natural thing to understand, that everybody likes their privacy. Do you wish for paparazzis to look into your bathroom and trap you where ever you go? No? So why should the next person accept that. Only because some people offer the most private situations and parts to be seen in social media and the press, doesn't mean it's the norm.
  #1115  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Of course, she has the right not to like to be photographed. My point is that sometimes it seems she likes, sometimes she acts as if she doesn't. Sounds to me like if she's playing a game.
Not how I see it. Usually appears creeped out when in an unposed setting. Handles a posed event well. She's still a kid for heavens sake.
__________________
It feels like a place where no truth goes unquestioned and where there is much more discovering to be done in the world" The Duke of Cambridge, 12/9/14

"They are pretty, they are shiny, and they are more fun to look at than the shame that lives inside us all". John Stewart, The Daily Show
  #1116  
Old 12-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
It's a huge diffrenced if you are on a red carpet and prepaired for the press; or you are hounded by paparazzis, in your private time - followed and people jumping in your way etc.

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the diffrence? It should be the most natural thing to understand, that everybody likes their privacy. Do you wish for paparazzis to look into your bathroom and trap you where ever you go? No? So why should the next person accept that. Only because some people offer the most private situations and parts to be seen in social media and the press, doesn't mean it's the norm.
I absolutely agree. So what if sometimes she doesn't seem to mind the intrusion and other times she does. There are days that nothing bothers me and other days when everything bothers me. It's not playing games; it's being human.

If she is someplace that is set up for media, like a red carpet, she has the choice to either play along or not attend. But she should have a choice. Dating a member of the royal family shouldn't mean that she has given up the right to any privacy. She has no obligation to help media moguls make more money.
  #1117  
Old 12-05-2013, 12:39 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,283
I understand the difference between being prepared for red carpet poses and being caught by the papparazzi in their private life very well. (though the Carol service is far from being a caught unprepared situation). My point is: if she hates the spotlight and loves her privacy so much, why does she attend the red carpet events?

And: "She's still a kid for heaven's sake." You must be joking, right? She's 24, not a kid.
  #1118  
Old 12-05-2013, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,119
Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
I understand the difference between being prepared for red carpet poses and being caught by the papparazzi in their private life very well. (though the Carol service is far from being a caught unprepared situation). My point is: if she hates the spotlight and loves her privacy so much, why does she attend the red carpet events?

And: "She's still a kid for heaven's sake." You must be joking, right? She's 24, not a kid.
I'm not sure why you don't understand why she may decide to go to a red carpet event if she doesn't like the photographers. When she decides to attend it is because she has obviously decided she will enjoy it even though she'll have endure the photographers. It seems pretty straightforward.
  #1119  
Old 12-05-2013, 03:14 PM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 327
My impression was that she was just walking in to an event with friends. Her friend was smiling anyway so I think I was supposed to be a joke. She was neith smiling nor frowning just minding her own business. Honestly Kate and Chelsy did the same thing most times. I don't see what the big deal is. If she's stuck around this long with Harry she obviously wants to be with him. She doesn't need his money or his fame; she has her family for that. She's only been photographed on a red carpet twice and both times with family members and/or for their events. Plus, there are long stretches of not seeing her at all. I don't see what the big deal is. Her friend was obviously playing a joke.
  #1120  
Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 AM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greater London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,343
Quote:
With boyfriend Prince Harry on a charity trek at the South Pole, Cressida Bonas is using the time to train as a teacher.
Cressida, a qualified dancer, has decided to pursue a worthy career off the stage and out of the limelight now that she is a Royal girlfriend.
The 24-year-old has been helping out at her father’s private tuition agency Bonas Macfarlane Education, in Battersea, South London, with a view to becoming a teacher. ‘She’s keeping herself busy and working hard,’ says a friend.
A suitable job for a princess Cressida takes up teaching | Mail Online
__________________

__________________
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium best outfit birth camilla chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess catharina-amalia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall fashion fashion poll france funeral general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king abdullah of jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit photo session picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince daniel prince frederik prince harry prince of wales princess alexia (2005 -) princess beatrice princess catharina-amalia princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mette-marit queen elizabeth ii queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]