Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas have split | Mail Online

Didn't this relationship have issues from the beginning? Was not Vegas in the beginning somewhere?

I have not been convinced of his attachment, but who knows? They will certainly be going though some tough times right now, and all being played out so publicly!! I feel sorry for them both but do confess that I have hope he will make a good match still?

All eyes on USA this weekend I think.:blink:

Well-said!
Sometimes it just isn't meant to be; better a broken romance than a broken marriage.

:flowers:A lovely bunch of flowers for your comment, sometimes people just aren't meant to be together regardless of any reason they may give or not give. It is a very private issue with them and should stay private, let the media play havoc, make up stories and tell all the lies they want, hope the very best for Harry, he is still a wild young man of this world, no need to jump that band wagon just yet. And C, she still has lots of growing up to do, having money and not being responsible for anything makes it difficult for the young rich and famous in being mature.

Cressida may be the one, maybe not. I've stopped speculating. I think Chelsy is completely out of the pic as a possibility for Harry. It's been 4 years since they split and that's quite a lot of time.

I just hope Harry chooses wisely.

Alas, I have to agree with you KittyAtlanta, and Chelsy is in a relationship right now. They have both changed I expect and the irony of that is that that in itself may have made their relationship more successful.

It would be interesting if he met an American this weekend would it not? Perhaps its too early but boy, it would be interesting!!:)

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 28 min
Prince Harry is keen, according to those who know him, to make it clear the relationship didn't end because he found Cressida "too needy".
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/461242154728579073

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 30 min
Prince Harry and his girlfriend, Cressida Bonas, have split up. It's said to be "amicable" and they remain "the best of friends".

This things like "best of friends" are said in case of divorce IMO. It's just a break up of two young people...
Am I the only one who's mind went right to friends w/ benefits?
If the beak up did happen, it's not unusual that once the rush of 'falling in love' wears off, a couple discovers that they aren't really a good fit and the smart ones move on.
Or, maybe she just needs 'space' to put it all in perspective, if reports that Harry was wanting to commit are to be believed.
I saw the photo of Chelsy w/ Cressy's brother - interesting.

:previous: Hahaha! My mind did not go there but I guess it is a common thing after break ups right?

I spotted that photo too and though it very, very interesting that Chelsy should be holidaying with Cressie's brother! Perhaps she supported the relationship.;)

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
It's not clear yet why Harry and Cressida split and only the couple may ever really know. That won't stop everyone speculating though.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 3h
Those closest to Cressie were worried about her putting her life on hold. It seems Harry was too. So that seems to be a factor.

Am I the only one who's mind went right to friends w/ benefits?
If the beak up did happen, it's not unusual that once the rush of 'falling in love' wears off, a couple discovers that they aren't really a good fit and the smart ones move on.
Or, maybe she just needs 'space' to put it all in perspective, if reports that Harry was wanting to commit are to be believed.
I saw the photo of Chelsy w/ Cressy's brother - interesting.

I think they were friends with benefits too but I din't want to say because I was afraid it sounded harsh. ;)

If harry and cressida are faking a break up for the media to leave her alone..its not working...it seems like its making it worse than before..it seems now we are going to get daily pics of her...

So, if they are faking a break up..its back firing.

Chelsy and Jacobi have always been close..this is nothing new.

:previous: That could be quite likely. People on Twitter have been wondering the same thing, although Twitter isn't the greatest of sources. I personally think they won't get back together any time soon, as I don't think either of them are quite ready for marriage yet. JMO.
Cressida was spotted in London today. I don't think she has her own thread yet, but perhaps one could be created in the Member's Corner since she has now split up from Harry and will probably be "papped" every now and then.

Wearing a battered denim jacket and with her long hair unbrushed, Cressida Bonas cut a glum figure as she walked through London's West End this morning.
Pictured for the first time since news of her split from Prince Harry, her boyfriend of two years, was confirmed, the 25-year-old kept her head down as she bought a takeaway fruit drink.
The dancer, who is currently working for a marketing company in Soho after graduating from dance school, is now said to want to concentrate on her career.

Cressida Bonas strolls through London day after Prince Harry split announced | Mail Online

At the end of the day Harry needs to do whats best for Harry. That 5 yr age diff may be a problem. They may have their minds on diff things.

Something tells me we haven't heard the last of this yet. I think this relationship has just been moved to the back burner to simmer for awhile. ;)

Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013

At the end of the day Harry needs to do whats best for Harry. That 5 yr age diff may be a problem. They may have their minds on diff things.

I agree about the 5 years point . Although 5years isn't a huge gap, I get the sense that Harry at 30 is moving into a very different stage in his life. Of course none of us know the real Harry, but you get the impression he is thinking seriously about settling down - perhaps this is partly brought on by the changes to his professional career, perhaps because he's witnessing changes in William's life. Cressida at 25 appears to be just getting her head around what she would like to do with her life - she doesn't strike me as ready for making a momentous and long term decision about her future.
It's sad for them both, but hopefully they can be given the space to move on.

Last edited:
Intresting debate on Twitter:

1. Richard Eden ‏@richardaeden 29 apr
    Interesting that Kensington Palace is clearly briefing about #princeharry and #Cressida. I wonder if all is as it seems

2. Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 24 h
    @richardaeden You mean it's a cover up? Or are they over-briefing so much just to avoid an alternative angle?

3. Richard Eden ‏@richardaeden 24 h
    .@JamieMcFadden_ When speculation heightened after #Cressida attended official event with Harry, briefing began to calm things down
    https://twitter.com/richardaeden/status/461254792766316544

4. Jamie McFadden ‏@JamieMcFadden_ 24 h
    @richardaeden Ah. Many have said that it is possibly, like William & Kate's split, a method of simply reducing the engagement stories.

Richard Eden ‏@richardaeden

.@JamieMcFadden_ I remember talking to Kate Middleton during her 'split' from William. It was clear they were still together

They may be still together or just split but will remain friends. Personally, I think they just went their separate ways and are on friendly terms. Of course the speculation will continue anyway, especially if they turn up at the same event like a wedding, polo or something.

They appeared to be more as friends than anything else in the first place.

JMO, I never thought they were going to get married.

She was too young and I think Harry will remain a bachelor or at least, marry much later in life.

Something tells me we haven't heard the last of this yet. I think this relationship has just been moved to the back burner to simmer for awhile. ;)

If they do reconcile, I have a feeling that they will become engaged. Otherwise...it's just one of those things!

If they do reconcile, I have a feeling that they will become engaged. Otherwise...it's just one of those things!

Yeps. Although many times its said that absence makes the heart grow fonder, its also true that sometimes absence makes the heart go wander.

Harry is in no real rush to get married and isn't being pushed into anything either so I wouldn't be surprised if he does stay single for quite a few more years.

Totally disagree with everything you've just written.

1; After going to fight in Afghanistan I don't think Henry needs to grow up. Nor does Cressida look like a little child when it comes to the situation she's in.

2; Could you please explain how you know either one of the people in this relationship was needy?

3; Too young for any form of commitment? Who are you to judge? Anywhere between the ages of 0-18 is too young for commitment ie marriage in my book, anything after that is fine and dandy. If Henry and Cressida don't think they're working out then that's fine, but neither is too young for any form of commitment . . .
. . . Both need to grow up, be less needy, get used to royal life...... both too young IMO for any form of commitment
I have to agree Lumutqueen, people talk as if Harry and Cressida were 19 and 15 respectively and passing sage advice on the vagarities of "young love".

Harry at 29 is a man who has shown he is quite capable of "doing the hard yards" in the usual glare of publicity that overshadows every aspect of his life. The inference that in dating Cressida he is or was, somewhat distastefully, robbing the cradle registers pretty high on the "ick" scale.

Apallingly enough the notion that they may have just changed the shape of things by becoming FWB is seen as a good thing? But what about the age difference of a whole 4 years?

When did life get so screwed up? At 18 you can drink, vote and die for your country but you are neither old enough nor mature enough to marry? I don't think so.

Last edited:
In 2007, William confirmed the break-up; they were over.

Just wondering if this is 2007, part 2 ; to damped the engagement rumours down for a bit? A friend is saying they may be back together again in a few months or at the end of the year?

Prince Harry and girlfriend Cressida Bonas split after two years of dating - London - News - London Evening Standard

William never confirmed that they broke up in 2007. Actually if you read the transcript or watch the engagement interview, he said it was during the time they were at St. Andrews.

So to be honest, I'm not saying the press is wrong about Harry and Cressida breaking up but I highly doubt the reports are right. I'll wait and see.

Below is the transcript for the engagement interview. You'll have to read a bit before you get to it. It's closer to the end.

Prince William and Kate Middleton Interview Transcript - ABC News

Quote- 'TB: People are bound to ask, you leave university, you have been going out a bit and you split up, famously, all over the papers, what was all that about, people are bound to want to know.

William: Well I think to be honest, I wouldn't believe everything you read in the paper but in that particular instance we did split up for a bit. But that was just, we both were very young, it was at university, we were sort of both finding ourselves as such and being different characters and stuff, it was very much trying to find our own way and we were growing up, and so it was just sort of a bit of space and a bit of things like that and it worked out for the better.'

Last edited:
I have to agree Lumutqueen, people talk as if Harry and Cressida were 19 and 15 respectively and passing sage advice on the vagarities of "young love".

Harry at 29 is a man who has shown he is quite capable of "doing the hard yards" in the usual glare of publicity that overshadows every aspect of his life. The inference that in dating Cressida he is or was, somewhat distastefully, robbing the cradle registers pretty high on the "ick" scale.

Apallingly enough the notion that they may have just changed the shape of things by becoming FWB is seen as a good thing? But what about the age difference of a whole 4 years?

When did life get so screwed up? At 18 you can drink, vote and die for your country but you are neither old enough nor mature enough to marry? I don't think so.

I completely agree. She's 25 not 15. Plus, 5 years isn't that bad in terms of age gap at all. Look at Philippe and Mathilde I think Cressida just doesn't quite fit what everyone thinks a woman dating or marrying a prince should be like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Last edited:
Why Cressida Bonas and Prince Harry really split | Mail Online

I have never seen so much "leaked" information in my life. If this is true (and a lot of it rings true) Cressida's so called friends and family must have big mouths!

No need for phone tapping here folks!!

What a mess, and a bigger mess if they ever get back together...all those leaks and willing sources!!

I am convinced now that Chelsy did not just leave because of the fish bowl effect but because of Henry's behavior. I hope Chelsy has found a man who loves and respects her. I hope she is happy. Henry stuffed that one up good and proper!

And then there's this:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...-Bonas-split-after-row-over-650-air-fare.html

More sources, more friends...

At least the articles have the "sudden" thing in common, the rest of it doesn't make much sense. She didn't want to spend money. She does not have money that's why she doesn't dress well. Why spend the money if the relationship is not working? She confronted him about their future...Whaaaaaat??

Last edited:
Why Cressida Bonas and Prince Harry really split | Mail Online

I have never seen so much "leaked" information in my life. If this is true (and a lot of it rings true) Cressida's so called friends and family must have big mouths!

No need for phone tapping here folks!!

What a mess, and a bigger mess if they ever get back together...all those leaks and willing sources!!

I am convinced now that Chelsy did not just leave because of the fish bowl effect but because of Henry's behavior. I hope Chelsy has found a man who loves and respects her. I hope she is happy. Henry stuffed that one up good and proper!

We have to remember that the media is just guessing on what caused the split between Harry & Cressida. No one even knows what caused the split between Harry & Chelsy either. The only way any of us would know what really happened is if Harry or Cressida actually speak out about it officially and I don't think that's going to happen. I really don't think it's our business anyway.

I think it was three years ago that Harry actually mentioned in an interview on the kind of lady he's looking for and he'll most likely will find her at some point. If it's not Cressida or Chelsy, it'll be somebody else.

Wow, that is the fastest trial and conviction in history. Harry goes from sad and dumped again to biggest juvenile jerk and cheater and cheapskate in the world . . . all on the strength of the Mail and the Telegraph, those ultimate arbitors of truth and justice. :ROFLMAO:

Wow, that is the fastest trial and conviction in history. Harry goes from sad and dumped again to biggest juvenile jerk and cheater and cheapskate in the world . . . all on the strength of the Mail and the Telegraph, those ultimate arbitors of truth and justice. :ROFLMAO:

And no one even knows if any of this is break up stuff is true...Guess it'd be naive to hope the media will leave them to sort through their relationship (whatever the state) on their own...

Under the circumstances, I think the long weekend w/ big brother Will for the wedding is a good thing - it'll give them time to talk. Some of the details are pretty specific suggesting to me there are some loose lips, hopefully that's something they'll discuss, these constant leaks put spins on events which if Harry stays with her will always happen, and I thought the Wales boys dropped anyone who leaked things to the press.
It reads like they had an argument and 'broke up' 2 or 3 days ago - whether they will stay apart who knows, at this stage I'd call it a lovers quarrel rather than a break up.
I imagine every single female attending the wedding in Tennessee is suddenly contemplating the fact that a suddenly single sexy prince will be in their midst.

I was cracking up over reading the Daily Fail article. The whole thing all seems made up as it went along. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom