The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #941  
Old 10-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Green Bay, United States
Posts: 546
We heard about an eminent engagement with William and Catherine, over and over. This won't be any different.
__________________

  #942  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
Celebrity and royal news and photos in HELLO! Magazine I don't see Harry waiting for 2 more years. He seems to want the family and kids now! Rash decision or not!
Yes, but The Queen has to grant her consent and that will not be forthcoming if she feels Harry's choice is not ready for royal llfe. People seem to forget that.

I don't think Harry will be getting married just yet.
__________________

  #943  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 PM
Sunnystar's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oregon, United States
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Yes, but The Queen has to grant her consent and that will not be forthcoming if she feels Harry's choice is not ready for royal llfe. People seem to forget that.

I don't think Harry will be getting married just yet.
He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects?

Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.
  #944  
Old 10-09-2013, 09:47 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects?

Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.
This might be totally off the wall but I think perhaps instead of a quick engagement and then a wedding 5 months later, these two will do what a lot of couples do these days. Live with each other for a while before deciding that marriage is for them.

I think its a good way to go.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #945  
Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 AM
muriel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess me View Post
When Harry told Katie Couric he needs to find someone to "take on the job", I think this says it all. I will not judge the relationship between Harry and Cressida but IMO, I think they are light-years away from marriage.
I agree. I think (hope!) that harry will not rush into marriage, and take his time before taking the proverbial plunge.

IMO, the noise in the Press about an impending engagement / marriage are just the usual drum roll from the Press - no different from what William and Catherine had to contend with in 2007 and 2008.
  #946  
Old 10-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
He's over 25 so can't he declare his intent to marry her, if he wants, and then wait a year if HM objects? Personally, I rather like Cressida, though I don't know much about her. Is she the right one for Harry? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell what becomes of their relationship.
He has the right to do that, but I highly doubt he would do so. He will wait and make sure it's the right decision for everyone.
  #947  
Old 10-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: katonah, United States
Posts: 2,582
Well, he is certainly of an age when most of us marry, so it wouldnt be unusual!
  #948  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This might be totally off the wall but I think perhaps instead of a quick engagement and then a wedding 5 months later, these two will do what a lot of couples do these days. Live with each other for a while before deciding that marriage is for them.

I think its a good way to go.
And it was a way that worked for his Uncle Edward.
  #949  
Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
And it was a way that worked for his Uncle Edward.
Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple.

It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #950  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple. It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).
Kate lived with William at Clarence House and had reserved parking. I'm sure if Harry wanted her there, it would be arranged
  #951  
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 4,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Kate lived with William at Clarence House and had reserved parking. I'm sure if Harry wanted her there, it would be arranged
Thanks. I knew William and Kate lived together for a while but besides Anglesey I couldn't remember for the life of me where it was. If it was OK for Clarence House, then I wouldn't see any problem with Nottingham Cottage.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
  #952  
Old 10-11-2013, 01:11 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Kate lived with William at Clarence House and had reserved parking. I'm sure if Harry wanted her there, it would be arranged
I am not sure that Kate lived at CH before she was married. Yes she stayed nights there and had a parking pass where she didn't have to get security checked every time . Before the 2007 breakup, Kate was still at the Chelsea flat where Pippa and James live now and William was in Dorset with the Blues & Royals. He then lived with Harry at Raf Shrewsbury I think when they both were doing pilot training and then to Raf Valley. Kate lived with him there.

Harry and Cressy could live together at a place near his base and avoid the pap coverage that they would get in London.
  #953  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Balmoral, United Kingdom
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Also William and Kate lived together too. First time at St. Andrew's where they started off as just friends and later on as a couple.

It may not happen this way though. I've no idea what the restrictions are and wonder if it would be possible for Cressida to move in with Harry at Nottingham Cottage in KP. Would they need the Queen's approval on it? I know that girlfriends and boyfriends of the BRF do not ever attend any family functions until their engagements so I imagine there'd be some kind of approval needed for Cressida to actually move into a royal residence (and yes I know some staff lives there too).
Good point, but Fergie has continued to live with Andrew since their divorce so possibly not.
__________________
Virtually Royalty
  #954  
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
I am not sure that Kate lived at CH before she was married. Yes she stayed nights there and had a parking pass where she didn't have to get security checked every time . Before the 2007 breakup, Kate was still at the Chelsea flat where Pippa and James live now and William was in Dorset with the Blues & Royals. He then lived with Harry at Raf Shrewsbury I think when they both were doing pilot training and then to Raf Valley. Kate lived with him there.

Harry and Cressy could live together at a place near his base and avoid the pap coverage that they would get in London.
What about her career? there is nothing of any note near Wattisham.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #955  
Old 10-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Anna Catherine's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: U.C., United States
Posts: 325
Lday Mary-Gaye Curzon: Beautiful bolter whom Cressida Bonas calls Mum - Telegraph

So this is just a little read about her mother. They talk a little bit about her father. I'm not posting this for everyone to spiral into some debate about how suitable she is or PR or what the royal family will think but just to know some family history. PLEASE don't make a big deal out of this article.
  #956  
Old 10-12-2013, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post

What about her career? there is nothing of any note near Wattisham.
Maybe she could teach dance. If she married Harry, she is going to have give up her career anyways.
  #957  
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM
julliette's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 2,231
We don't know what her plans for a future career are, do we? We don't even know if she plans to have one...

Of course, if she has big plans for a career in dance or acting, London is the ideal place to be. But if she's just happy giving private dance lessons, for example, maybe there are some options near Wattisham. (I know very little about the are, but I'm sure it is not in the desert)

She could also be in London for part of the week and be in Wattisham for the other part.
  #958  
Old 10-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
Posts: 845
How Chelsy Davy Responded to Cressida Bonas–Prince Harry Engagement Rumors, and Other Imagined Celebrity Connections | Vanity Fair
  #959  
Old 10-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 5,507
That's funny. Chelsy has better insight into Harry than just about everyone else on the planet.
  #960  
Old 10-12-2013, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Now media will start a Cressida versus Chelsy campaign. Very predictable.

And I have to say that, in my opinion, Cressida is a much more beautiful and regal name than Chelsy.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
abdication belgium best outfit brussels camilla carl philip crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion fashion poll funeral general news infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit picture of the week poland president gauck president hollande president komorowski prince carl philip prince daniel prince harry prince henrik princess aimee princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess madeleine princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:40 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]