Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roslyn's post#1077 explains what she means by "know which fork to use" - it is not meant literally which is why there was further explanation in a number of posts. If you want to understand then you need to go back over a number of posts.

As for AdmirerUs post :blush:

But she found it difficult to adjust to the inner royal circle. It isn't about "bad behaviour" or knowing which cutlery to use - it's their way of talking to each other; in jokes; which protocols are used and when - all sorts of in-family behaviour.

ITs like joining an exclusive club which has its own rules - and they dont tell you what they are
Not to go off topic but that is the same as joining any large family, royal or common. It is all quite daunting I am told, as I have a large and extended family which intimidates people who don't. 'In' jokes, current gossip, 'in' jokes, which uncle to avoid, etc. I suppose it is a minefield for those joining the fray. But we don't mean it to be . . . honest!

If my son wanted to marry, my first question in regards to his fiancee would be: "Does she come from a good family?". For me a good family is composed of people who honestly earn their living, have good morals and value family and tradition. Most likely, it is not different for the royals.
Excellent Argie. I couldn't agree more.;)
Me too!!

Last edited:
I'd rather hear from her. It's not like these girls/women don't know what they're getting into; unless they are so self-absorbed they are unconscious.

As for her half-brother indicating their family is "very private"; why is he courting the press? Give me a break.

As for her half-brother indicating their family is "very private"; why is he courting the press? Give me a break.
He's a DJ - albiet a polo playing DJ friend of the Wales boys. The sister who married Branson was a wannabe actress and of course the mom had that infamous motor oil photo and the cousin is an actor as well. The only loose lips in the Middleton clan are Uncle Gary and 12th cousins who've never met Catherine, the Bonas/Strougth/Calthorpe etc. clan looks to be more fertile ground for leaks and the like.
What is fascinating is that the brother said a few rather innocuous things, to wit, Cressida is sweet, Cressida wouldn't do anything to embarras Prince Harry, it must be hard to date a royal and go through what Catherine did and he doesn't relish the thought of being subjected to all the scrutiny the Middletons have been [can't blame him for that - probably more than a few skeletons in his extended family closet] his family is very private, it is exhausting to deal w/ all of that media attention.
Significantly he said nothing about the state of his sister's relationship and nothing about her thoughts or feelings about her future - nothing, nada. Yet the headlines for the stories running these quotes are:
Hello: ...Brother addresses rumors of another royal wedding
Telegraph: Cressida may struggle as a Princess, brother warns
Mirror: Brother...[says]Cressida...has fears over her royal romance

I've known for years that the press (including the so called serious press) never let the facts get in the way of a good story and were incapable of correctly quoting you or loved to pluck things out of context to make it seem you'd said the opposite of what you actually said - so no surprise at these ridiculous headlines based on a few off the cuff remarks by the half brother.
And we wonder why most Royals are so careful and guarded in their speeches - I offer the above headlines as exhibit A.

He's a DJ - albiet a polo playing DJ friend of the Wales boys. The sister who married Branson was a wannabe actress and of course the mom had that infamous motor oil photo and the cousin is an actor as well. The only loose lips in the Middleton clan are Uncle Gary and 12th cousins who've never met Catherine, the Bonas/Strougth/Calthorpe etc. clan looks to be more fertile ground for leaks and the like.
What is fascinating is that the brother said a few rather innocuous things, to wit, Cressida is sweet, Cressida wouldn't do anything to embarras Prince Harry, it must be hard to date a royal and go through what Catherine did and he doesn't relish the thought of being subjected to all the scrutiny the Middletons have been [can't blame him for that - probably more than a few skeletons in his extended family closet] his family is very private, it is exhausting to deal w/ all of that media attention.
Significantly he said nothing about the state of his sister's relationship and nothing about her thoughts or feelings about her future - nothing, nada. Yet the headlines for the stories running these quotes are:
Hello: ...Brother addresses rumors of another royal wedding
Telegraph: Cressida may struggle as a Princess, brother warns
Mirror: Brother...[says]Cressida...has fears over her royal romance

I've known for years that the press (including the so called serious press) never let the facts get in the way of a good story and were incapable of correctly quoting you or loved to pluck things out of context to make it seem you'd said the opposite of what you actually said - so no surprise at these ridiculous headlines based on a few off the cuff remarks by the half brother.
And we wonder why most Royals are so careful and guarded in their speeches - I offer the above headlines as exhibit A.

Good post. I remember well my mother's idiom she quoted to me often "Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear". When dealing with the tabloids, it serves well. :D

I'd rather hear from her. It's not like these girls/women don't know what they're getting into; unless they are so self-absorbed they are unconscious.

Actually it sounds like he just might be a good smoke screen for Cressida. He definitely has mastered the fine art of saying nothing. :D If in fact Cressida is in a serious relationship with Harry, we're not going to hear anything from her either.

:lol: Why indeed! Methinks young Jacobi doth protest too much. I have read elsewhere that he adores the spotlight.;)

Cressida Bonas' brother Jacobi addresses rumours that she and Prince Harry are engaged - hellomagazine.com

Cressida Bonas' brother addresses engagement rumors and difficulties of dating a royal.

I really enjoyed hearing from her brother. It gave me a new insight into Cressida and remind me of the struggle she, and Kate, are/did go through.

I really hope, that she - when the big day Comes - can deal with the whole Situation, the public and the press. As her half-brother said, she is shy (which she really Shows as well in her complete behaviour - with not showing herself with Harry, being completely out of the limelight until now) this may become an issue for her. And I hope not....
BYe Bine

I haven't had more than one fork at a place setting since I was a child. Odd remembering that this ever mattered.

Prince Harry has been spending £5 per minute to keep in touch with his girlfriend Cressida Bonas during his Antarctic charity trek.
Harry, 29, chatted with Cressida, 24, on a £1,200 Iridium satellite phone from the base camp where he and his Walking With The Wounded team-mates were snowed in until Friday.
‘Harry has been using the phone to check in with Cress,’ I am told. ‘They miss one another terribly.’

MOS DIARY: Prince Harry's satellite of love for Cressida | Mail Online

Did you catch the one liner about Harry moving into the Gloucester's Apt? Attributed to Princess Michael? I wonder where that came from? Off topic here, though. My bad.

^^Princess Michael said so in an interview to Tatler this month.

^^Princess Michael said so in an interview to Tatler this month.

Thanks, Juliette, I got that part. I wondered (if it is true), why Princess Michael would leak those two particular bits of info. I was wondering about motivation.

She didn't say it would happen, she said it was a possibility as the Gloucesters have a large apartment and there is only 2 of them.

Harry has Nottingham Cottage and he is still single. So 2 years at the earliest before he needs a bigger space than that

Did you catch the one liner about Harry moving into the Gloucester's Apt? Attributed to Princess Michael? I wonder where that came from? Off topic here, though. My bad.

Is the Gloucedster apartment available ?

No they are still in there, and they dont have anywhere else. But they pay for it.

No they are still in there, and they dont have anywhere else. But they pay for it.

AND, they work for it. I'm thinking the quote was taken out of context - referencing where Harry could fit when he marries and has children. Should not have been mentioned IMHO.

British Royals ‏@britishroyals 8h
Prince Harry's current & former flames, Cressida & Chelsy, were present at the annual carol service. Note: they also both attended last year

Cressida Bonas hits carol service armed with book on 'Why Love Matters'-
Cressida Bonas hits carol service armed with book on 'Why Love Matters' | Royal | News | Daily Express

Pictures:
Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund Event in London-
Henry Van Straubenzee Memorial Fund Event in London - Pictures - Zimbio

Well that's awkward! Prince Harry's ex Chelsy Davy and current girlfriend Cressida Bonas attend same carol service-
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...iend-Cressida-Bonas-attend-carol-service.html

I do miss Chelsy's bubbly personality.

Last edited:
The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much. She will pose happily with her family on some red carpet to promote her brother, but a couple of photographers she can't take it. That does not seem like a good sign.

The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much. She will pose happily with her family on some red carpet to promote her brother, but a couple of photographers she can't take it. That does not seem like a good sign.

I think the opposite. She's saying loud and clear that photographers are not wanted and are in intrusion. On a red carpet where being photographed is one thing but in this case, she realizes that she's being photographed for the sole reason being that she is dating Harry. She definitely would know Harry's feelings about intrusions and the press.

I'd rather see her ducking photogs rather than seeing her actively seeking the photographer's attention.

The photo of the Cressie's guy friend shielding her with his coat lining is a bit much.

Exactly!
Thanks to him she looks ridiculous (reminds me of that picture of Pippa's gun-toting friend in Paris). She should have just smiled and kept walking.

I would rather like her to provide a nice smile but those photographers are probably throwing all kinds of embarrassing questions at her to get a reaction from her. We have to remember that these paps talk to them to get them to make a reaction.

I'm with the view that a simple smile is the best option. I'm sure that certain members of the press must seek to provoke a reaction from her, but hiding behind someone's coat is not a good idea and will only encourage more baiting from the media.

I'm with the view that a simple smile is the best option. I'm sure that certain members of the press must seek to provoke a reaction from her, but hiding behind someone's coat is not a good idea and will only encourage more baiting from the media.

:previous:

I would have thought the best course of action would have been to keep smiling, say nothing and walk on. Hiding behind a coat when you have already been photographed seems a little over dramatic to me.

I think the opposite. She's saying loud and clear that photographers are not wanted and are in intrusion. On a red carpet where being photographed is one thing but in this case, she realizes that she's being photographed for the sole reason being that she is dating Harry. She definitely would know Harry's feelings about intrusions and the press.

I'd rather see her ducking photogs rather than seeing her actively seeking the photographer's attention.

When she is on a red carpet, she's also being photographed because she's Harry's girlfriend. Yet she doesn't mind. She goes to many events (not just her brother's) and poses in the red carpet and all that.
And then she comes and makes this oh-I-hate-the-spotlight face in events more related with Harry.
Something is wrong here, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom