The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,256
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
__________________

  #302  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
And at what point does any of that make her a 'showgirl'?

Exactly who say's they're rushing to the altar? If you know anything from family dynamics, the children are not their parents.

You're one sided view is hilarious, everything is on Cressida because Henry is obviously the perfect one. LOL!
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #303  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
I totally agree with what you say about them taking the time to really get to know each other and for her to understand what the "job" of being Harry's wife will mean, but I take exception to the suggestion that the fact she is a dance student - if that is what she is; I don't know the status of her degree - makes her a "showgirl".

I don't know anything much about Cressida's family other than the connection to the Viceroy, Lord Curzon, but the mere fact there are divorces there does not necessarily, IMO, make her unsuitable. She may have learned from their mistakes and be determined not to make the same mistakes herself. And if we are looking at family background, Cressida may well be justified in having some deep concerns about his bloodlines on his dam's side.
  #304  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:52 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
No. She has a degree in dance. I don't equate that with being a "showgirl" and the rather negative connotations that word has.
Actually, it is kinda funny to imagine what Queen Victoria would make of Prince Henry seeing a Dance Major.
  #305  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And at what point does any of that make her a 'showgirl'?

LOL!
OH GOOD GRIEF!!! Its the title of a movie "The Prince and the Showgirl". Olivier played the prince and Munroe played the showgirl (dancer).
  #306  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:18 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
You make a lot of good points on Cressie's family of origin, but Harry's family of origin carry the same red flags, IMO. The People's Princess equals all of what you describe about the Bonas clan put together. He would hardly be cuckolded, IMO. Hopefully he's bright enough to realize that marrying someone nearly as young as his mother and equally starry eyed is not a good idea, as you say.

I completely agree that if they marry within the next year or two, a pre-nup is in order.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #307  
Old 03-29-2013, 06:23 PM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! Its the title of a movie "The Prince and the Showgirl". Olivier played the prince and Munroe played the showgirl (dancer).
And we were supposed to get that reference how? Cressida is a dance student. Not a showgirl. I see no comparison to your film suggestion but thanks anyway :)
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #308  
Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 PM
cinrit's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Deep South, United States
Posts: 385
I got the reference, but that might say more about my adoration of Laurence Olivier than anything. Still, only a few days ago, the media was announcing that "friends" of Cressida claim she isn't sure Harry is the one for her, even though he is heads over heels in love with her. Today, the media wants us to believe they're getting married in the not-so-distant future. Which should we believe? Either, or neither?
  #309  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And we were supposed to get that reference how? Cressida is a dance student. Not a showgirl. I see no comparison to your film suggestion but thanks anyway :)
I think it was just a joke. We see the film fairly often on cable here in the states. If you ever get a chance - watch it. While there was a lot of hassle going on behind the scenes during the filming, I always enjoy this film. She and he are both charming and the rest of the cast is delightful. MM wears some LOVELY gowns and Olivier's costumes are great as well. There is a great bit about an Honour loaned to the Showgirl by her titled champion-ess. It is all harmless good fun and completely unreasonable.
Here is a you tube link to a "fun" scene:
The Prince and the Showgirl Marilyn Monroe speaks french - YouTube
  #310  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
I still do not understand why Cressida was compared to showgirl. It was a nasty comparison.
  #311  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,916
Being a showgirl is not a nasty profession - unless it is just in your mind.

And I thought the days of such judgements was passed.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #312  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rio de Janeiro and Petrópolis, Brazil
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Being a showgirl is not a nasty profession - unless it is just in your mind.

And I thought the days of such judgements was passed.
Maybe isn't nasty.

But "showgirl" has nothing to do with Miss Bonas.
  #313  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:25 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,916
I must admit to not knowing much about a degree in dance, (I assume 3 years) and I think she is still studying dance in Greenwich, London. Also she is 24 years old which in dance terms in not young.

What career beckons? Is she studying perhaps to teach? Does anyone know?
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #314  
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I still do not understand why Cressida was compared to showgirl. It was a nasty comparison.
Maybe because it was thought to be a joke and also because we do have our own points of view here on the forums.

Frankly, I know a couple of showgirls. They are nice people. In my opinion, I hope any one of Harry's friends is just as nice as the show people I know. It would be a compliment. Chill.
  #315  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:00 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,894
Well if this is true, let's hope that she's ready to deal with life with "The Firm."

I'm sure Harry has the good sense not to rush in to a marriage with someone he's only been dating less than a year... But, love is love, so we'll never know until an announcement is made.
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
  #316  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
You make a lot of valid points here, and I have to agree with the fact that they've not known each other for very long, and they would indeed be foolish to rush into something as serious as a marriage. Yes, any girl who marries Henry would have to look past the glamor of the royal lifestyle, and think about having a profession that will allow no retirement, and a life that is on show for all to criticize and analyze. On the other hand, we really don't know what's going on behind closed doors, and perhaps Ms. Bonas is stable, and level-headed young woman, that sees the reality of the situation. The press wants to sensationalize this, and I'd say they're doing a mighty good job of it, which is not to my liking. On the other hand, when it comes to love, sometimes you just know that you met the ONE, and waiting seems almost pointless. Is this one of those cases? Who can say. We're not there to see how they interact with one another, or hear what each has to say on the subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I must admit to not knowing much about a degree in dance, (I assume 3 years) and I think she is still studying dance in Greenwich, London. Also she is 24 years old which in dance terms in not young.

What career beckons? Is she studying perhaps to teach? Does anyone know?
I'd guess she's working towards a teaching degree in dance. Maybe a dance therapist (if such a thing exists, but they have all sorts of therapy now, so why not?).
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
  #317  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:36 PM
CrownPrincess5's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly Hills, California, United States
Posts: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for l
ong periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.
Couldn't agree with you more. I feel like everyone is forcing marriage on them...just let them be.
__________________
I don't dream at night, I dream all day. I dream for a living.
-Steven Spielberg
  #318  
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post

Couldn't agree with you more. I feel like everyone is forcing marriage on them...just let them be.
Who's forcing marriage on them? We know Henry plays the waiting game because he was with Chelsy for so long and didn't propose.
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
  #319  
Old 03-30-2013, 04:21 AM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Who's forcing marriage on them? We know Henry plays the waiting game because he was with Chelsy for so long and didn't propose.
We don't know he didn't propose, all we know is they didn't get engaged and that they split up.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #320  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Elenath's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuth, Netherlands
Posts: 372
And even if he didn't propose. He was 25 (?) when they split... That's hardly playing the waiting game. It's not like he's George Clooney who has a different girlfriend every 2 years.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
belgium best outfit brussels carl philip crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion fashion poll funeral germany grand duchess maria teresa hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg maxima nobility official visit ottoman picture of the week poland president hollande president komorowski prince carl philip prince daniel prince henrik princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess madeleine princess mary princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding willem-alexander



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]