The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

I can totally picture Harry in the boat and loving it. We know he misses being active duty. It's not the same, but eating in the mess hall and being treated as one of the guys, even in the captains room, is likely great for him.

Old 11-24-2016, 01:12 PM
Nobility

Harry has such a good spirit! I will always root for him!!

Old 11-24-2016, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
He most certainly has a good adventurous spirit and with that being part of his makeup, it steers him towards realizing that every person and every place has wonders to reveal to him. He kind of has the attitude that strangers are friends he just hasn't met yet and each stranger has the potential to make his life more fulfilling. Even the little ones remind him that its OK to express your inner child and enjoy life and he does that with gusto.

This man is going to be one the biggest assets for the BRF in the years to come.
Old 11-24-2016, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Osipi, I agree that Harry does have the attitude towards strangers that you described. I can just imagine him enjoying the company of the crew, asking questions and having a joke or two. The only down-side would be the lack of facilities for the Internet and mobile phone. It would have been great for Harry to have described his adventures and the people he met to friends, day by day, but I suppose you can't have everything!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...82551493296128

According to Richard Palmer Harry is struggling in that tropical heat (damp and sticky I suppose) but otherwise is on top form, being charming, fun and full of banter.

Harry inspecting the Guard of Honour on arrival at St Lucia.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyalRepo...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Old 11-25-2016, 02:14 AM
Heir Apparent

It was lovely that the Governor General gave him poetry of her country in a beautiful case, anyway, even if he's hardly likely to read it to Meghan or anyone else. The members of the BRF always give underwhelming official presents like signed photos. Several of them are artistically talented. Why not a nice painting or a photograph taken by themselves of English woodlands or something?

I hope these Investitures are recorded in the CC because the earlier two on this tour haven't been, apparently.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:02 AM
Majesty

I've always thought too that the British royals could be a little bit more inventive when it comes to giving official gifts during state visits. I always thought too that it was probably just me that thought giving a signed photograph is kind of on that tacky side and something you would expect from a celebrity or a rock star or something that people would keep to "prove" they met so-and-so.

The book of poetry will probably go into the royal vaults along with other gifts received by the British royals on various tours and state visits and catalogued. You're absolutely right though. I do not really picture Harry as the type that would enjoy sitting and reading poetry. The spooning bananas sound much more like what would come from Harry.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry enjoys a game of cricket in St Lucia.

Prince Harry takes part in a cricket match in St Lucia | Daily Mail Online

Richard Palmer approves of Harry's style as a cricketer!

Old 11-25-2016, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry breaks down boundaries as he hits St Lucian PM for 9 not out off three balls

Prince Harry Photos Photos - Prince Harry Visits The Caribbean - Day 6 - Zimbio

"Prince Harry tells children in St Lucia about life as a Royal"
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...ly-Saint-Lucia

"Prince Harry dispels myths on visit to St Lucia"
http://www.itv.com/news/2016-11-25/i...t-lucia-visit/
Old 11-25-2016, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never been fond of coconut, fresh or otherwise, myself, though I'm sure it's refreshing in heat. Harry's getting good crowds.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Nobility

After the early fauxpaux, Harry is back!!
Old 11-25-2016, 05:40 PM
Nobility

His answer about being a royal is really one of the best answers I've heard given regarding that type of question. No self pity involved.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
His answer about being a royal is really one of the best answers I've heard given regarding that type of question. No self pity involved.

I agree that was a wonderful answer and as you say no self pity at all
Bravo Harry

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Majesty

Out of all the possible responses to what its like to be royal, what Harry responded with on the spur of the moment really shows how he sees it and shows that making a difference is a big thing on his mind when it comes to where his life is headed.

That really is a big perk of being born royal. You do actually get the platform to make a difference in the world on a silver platter so to speak rather than have to work your way up a ladder to attain the public face that people respond to.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Yes it was and I hope it gave the schoolkids an understanding of his and other royals' roles.
Old 11-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Recently I've been following Harry's visit through Instagram and have thoroughly enjoyed doing so. Harry is a "people person" and most of the people whom he met, particularly the children, seemed to be rather relaxed with him.

I agree about the signed photo though, and also with Osipi's comment - whilst I like Harry a lot, that does seem like something a celebrity would do more than a royal. I also agree with Curryong in that a photo in the British countryside. I thought the Governor General's gift was charming and quite an "out of the box" idea too.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Curryong;1941869]Harry enjoys a game of cricket in St Lucia.

Prince Harry takes part in a cricket match in St Lucia | Daily Mail Online

Cool. Never seen Harry wearing "Vans"....
Old 11-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry's arrival, from KP Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...99622543511552

Saying hello to the Vincey Parrot.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...11706341703680

From Richard Palmer.

Harry is now on St Vincent and at the world's oldest tropical botanic gardens.

Harry chatting to children in the capital, Kingston, who sang beautifully to him, according to Richard.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

He is really shining during this tour. He is so engaging with everyone and I just love seeing him with children. He exudes warmth and Kindness. Seeing him is like seeing his mother. Go Harry!!
Old 11-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry arrives at a tropical garden in St Vincent during his Caribbean tour | Daily Mail Online

"Grinning Prince Harry delights school children on Caribbean tour"
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/gr...-a3405721.html

"Royal snub for Prince Harry from the parrots of the Carribean"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ots-caribbean/

"Prince Harry living on daily food budget less than a dog on royal tour of the Carribean"
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...y-food-9343824