The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

A lovely gesture by Harry to lie down and give a severely disabled girl a hug, and good on Richard Palmer for Tweeting it. Thanks for posting this Osipi.

Harry was a hit with the West Indian cricketers!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...4cde35a9c01129

Richard Palmer has tweeted that Harry went Beetroot red when the Antiguan PM Mr Browne said at the evening official dinner that he believed that a new princess can be expected and invited Harry and his bride to honeymoon on Antigua! Sometimes local politicians don't have a filter between brain and mouth! However, I'm sure Harry will get over it, and probably laughed it off in private. The PM was only trying to be nice, but discreet he was not!

Old 11-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Heir Apparent

This is what the press was hoping for.

Quote:
In front of over 300 guests, the Prime Minister, Gaston Browne, made Harry grimace and look at his feet as he told the audience: "I believe we are expecting a new Princess soon.

"I want you to know that you are very welcome to come on your honeymoon here."

Harry fiddled with his shirt to avoid eye contact as the PM spoke.

But he was further embarrassed when Mr Browne teased him again just as he was due to meet six of the country's beauty queens. "Whatever is done here, stays here. So do not worry," he joked.
Read more: Prince Harry red-faced after 'honeymoon with Meghan Markle' joke in Antigua | Royal | News | Daily Express

Old 11-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Of course the media are delighted, it gives a headline. Nevertheless, Faux pas or no, I'm sure Harry got over it! The PM was just trying to be nice, even if his mouth was running away from his brain.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry wasn't a happy camper. This from the Telegraph

The Prince, who has so far been in a good mood throughout his visit, appeared unamused by the prime minister's laddish jokes, and refused to pose for a picture with reigning Miss Antigua and Barbuda Leanda Norville.

Prince Harry endures awkward speech as he is invited to spend his 'honeymoon' in Antigua if he marries Meghan Markle
Old 11-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, Harry's not responsible for jokey local politicians. I still think the PM meant no harm. I think it's quite amusing, but Harry will get over this little faux pas by the PM.

It's hardly an international diplomatic incident of monumental proportions, is it? If that's the worst he faces the rest of the tour will be a doddle.
Old 11-21-2016, 10:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I think Harry understood the little joke. He's a prankster himself you know.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-22-2016, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.womansday.com.au/royals/b...yal-tour-17159

A great article from woman's day they usually are just rubbish
Harry of course is giving so much to everyone he meets. He always seems to be having a great time
Love the Harry T-shirts

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Praise from Harry for his grandparents' long and happy marriage at the beginning of his tour.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...happy-marriage

Harry goes to isolated Baruda today.
Old 11-22-2016, 07:23 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, Harry's not responsible for jokey local politicians. I still think the PM meant no harm. I think it's quite amusing, but Harry will get over this little faux pas by the PM.

It's hardly an international diplomatic incident of monumental proportions, is it? If that's the worst he faces the rest of the tour will be a doddle.
I'm sure that any embarrassment on either the PM's side or Harry's will pass and it'll be as the Windsors's love to say "keep calm and carry on".

It has to be frustrating for Harry (and Meghan too) that just because these two people decided that they enjoy being with each other that their relationship has gone so viral and the only place they can most likely get away from and out of the public eye it would be a trip to the space station.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The #NotMyPrince crowd have an opinion piece in The Guardian with the title:

"Welcome to the Caribbean, Prince Harry. Will you dare speak out about slavery?"

They even managed to tie in Meghan Markle.

It's not Harry's place to speak on this though. Too much of a political football.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...markle-royalty

Who cares...? The majority of the people are happy he has come.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The #NotMyPrince crowd have an opinion piece in The Guardian with the title:

"Welcome to the Caribbean, Prince Harry. Will you dare speak out about slavery?"

They even managed to tie in Meghan Markle.

It's not Harry's place to speak on this though. Too much of a political football.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...markle-royalty
Such people always use a royal visit to try and promote their pet-grievance.
364 days a year no one will listen to them, but during this visit everything that is remotely connected to Harry will get air-time. So they should be pretty delighted and thus Harry has done something for them as well.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Nobility

Did the PM try to jokingly pimp out the beauty queens to Harry?! I'm not envious of these awkward meetings at all.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

The PM said something like 'Whatever happens stays here' (and doesn't get out in scandal like Vegas was the subtext, I suppose.) However, Harry didn't take the bait, didn't dance with them or near them and refused to be photographed next to any of them. They took it in good part though, I believe. One of them said he was a gentleman. I think Harry was glad it was all over though, and he can get on with something else next day.

Like this
https://mobile.twitter.com/antiguaba...59362957619201
Old 11-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Majesty

Prince Harry Photos Photos - Prince Harry Visits The Caribbean - Day 3 - Zimbio

Prince Harry takes a boat tour through mangroves on the island of Barbuda to see one of the largest colonies of frigate birds in the World, as he continues his tour of the Caribbean on November 22, 2016 in Barbuda.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...bean-tour.html
Old 11-22-2016, 11:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Spectacular scenery there on Barbuda. Was secretly hoping that it was Bermuda and that Harry would oblige his fans by donning a pair of their trademark shorts!

Lovely to see him pay tribute to his grandparents' latest wedding anniversary.
Old 11-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps Harry ate that fish he was gutting for his lunch! (I'm sure he's seen fish gutted before though, probably at Balmoral.)

I do wonder whether he remembered holidaying at Baruda with his mother and brother all those years ago, and hope they were pleasant memories.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Prince Harry takes a boat tour through mangroves on the island of Barbuda to see one of the largest colonies of frigate birds in the World, as he continues his tour of the Caribbean on November 22, 2016 in Barbuda.

Prince Harry visits a Barbuda wildlife sanctuary on day three of his Caribbean tour | Daily Mail Online
The media missed out on a perfect follow up to the "faux pas" of the day before with hints for honeymoons and beauty queens with not using the heading "Harry chats up the birds" as he toured the mangroves. If I remember right, "chatting up the birds" is/was a very British expression to the American one of "cruising for chicks".

Harry never ever disappoints when children are involved and this tour is no exception. Kids are naturally drawn to this guy and he always gets down to their level which I think endears him to them.
Old 11-22-2016, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry visits Holy Trinity primary school and Nursery

Old 11-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Can I just salute this man who is willing to gut and pan prep a fish in front of cameras?
My family fishes northern waters mostly for panfish which are plentiful, tender and sweet. Our preferred method is to fillet the lil buggers, which takes a deft hand, and then freeze them solid in spring fed lake water. And it takes hours and hours because our fish are so relatively small. But in the middle of winter, these fish are a godsend of fresh, flavorful delight! In the summer, after we catch them, they are often a communal feast prepared with friendship and beer on the lawn.
It's a great gift for someone who knows how to prep fish to show you how. It's a touch and feel process - far exceeding any other work I do with my hands. It's good to see Harry at this. And hats off to the local who showed him how.
But it is fun to see how cultures that eat the fish they catch are so much alike, even if they are so far apart!