Prince Harry: Official Visit to the Caribbean - November 20-December 4, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty91charmed

Majesty
City
Near Verona and Venice
Country
Italy
While I await the opening of a new thread:

Prince Harry will make an official visit to the Carribean in the autumn:

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 45 min Prince Harry will make an official visit to the Caribbean in the late autumn, on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 45 min
HRH will visit Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

43 Retweet 168 Mi piace

So the rumour of a possible tour was true, but the subject was diifferent: The Cambridges will go to Canada, and Harry to the Carribeans.

Oh good! The last time Harry visited the Caribbean (in Jubilee year) he was a great success and really got into the spirit of things!

:previous: agreed! And he seems to tolerate heat so very well. Seeks it , in fact.

Prince Harry: Official Visit to the Caribbean - Autumn 2016

HRH will visit Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Grenada, Guyana, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, and St Vincent and the Grenadines.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3h3 hours ago
The visit falls on 50th Anniversary of Independence for Barbados and Guyana and 35th Anniversary of Independence for Antigua and Barbuda.

Don't tell the Earl and Countess of Wessex, they visited the Caribbean in 2012 for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

I'd DIE if Rihanna could make an appearance in Barbados when Harry is there. :bounce:

Social media goes wild over Harry's planned tour of the Caribbean.

Social media goes into meltdown over Prince Harry’s Caribbean tourÂ* | Daily Mail Online

Don't tell the Earl and Countess of Wessex, they visited the Caribbean in 2012 for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

Yes, so did Harry, and it was a wonderful success.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/prince-harry-visits-belize-tour-diamond-jubilee-308401

Royal Roundup: Jamaica is the Crowning Success in Prince Harry’s Caribbean Tour | Anglophenia | BBC America

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to ask Harry to take me with him especially to this trip!!! ;)

It seems to be amazing trip with beautiful pictures for us!!

It's a fourteen day tour over seven different countries, not fourteen engagements!

And eya, me too! I want to come along on this fantastic Caribbean tour as well. We'll just disguise ourselves as a couple of suitcases!

Last edited:
It's a fourteen day tour over seven different countries, not fourteen engagements!

And eya, me too! I want to come along on this fantastic Caribbean tour as well. We'll just disguise ourselves as a couple of suitcases!

Just be careful when you are being stowed in the baggage compartment. Please give us updates when you can!!!:p

I would think it would be much more preferable and more comfortable to be carry on luggage. Much more up close and personal if you ask me. :cool:

I'm too large for hand luggage I'm afraid, and I've begun to grow a layer of thick dark blue leather already. ;) However, eya can be the one stowed up in the rack and she'll give me a report on what was eaten, drunk and said by H and others on the flight when we get to the hotel. :lol:

Last edited:
Much like when then British Prime Minister David Cameron refused to grant interviews during a 2015 visit to the Caribbean, Prince Harry is poised to do the same during a royal visit here next month.

In an email to OBSERVER media, Kensington Palace said: “There are no current plans for Prince Harry to give any media interviews during his tour of the Caribbean.”

The Household Office of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry did promise however to “let you know if anything changes”.

It’s not the first time that British officials have refused to be questioned by the Caribbean press; David Cameron’s snub of the media fraternity in October last year was mired in controversy.

Cameron visited Jamaica and Grenada and his decision not to grant interviews angered the Association of Caribbean Media Workers, and media bodies in Jamaica and Grenada.

A spokesperson for the Media Workers’ Association of Grenada said last year, “We are firmly of the view that those protocols should not run contrary to the expected operations of a free media in a democracy such as ours.”

For the visit of Prince Harry, the media is likely to be provided with photo-ops, information handouts and press releases.
Read more: A royal snub for local media | Antigua Observer Newspaper

4j2mp1.jpg

I hope she performs Work and Love on the Brain.:cool: This has me so pleased. She's a total star.

Awwww...Harry and Ri-Ri....hanging out together.:whistling:

Does anyone out there still not believe that the separating Royals and mere celebrities are non existing?

Last edited:
I like Meghan, but I would LIVE for Riri.

Drake is hanging with Swift so it's almost free game.

No different from a young Queen Elizabeth II meeting Marilyn Munroe or any other number of celebrities over the years. It's almost always in an official capacity or for charity.

The British royals are unique in that they have a worldwide interest.

I kind of disagree Rudolph.

Did QEII date Tyrone Power or Clark Gable or John Wayne before landing her prince?

Did she socialize with Shirley Temple, trading hair and makeup tips via warm correspondence?

I don't deny the worldwide interest in the BRF, never have.

But many of the people interested(at least here in the US) view them more and more as rarefied celebs.

Prince Harry: Official Visit to the Caribbean - Autumn 2016

I'm confused Harry didn't date Rihanna. Rihanna is from Barbados and they are celebrating their independence anniversary with a concert. Is that any different than the concerts for the diamond and golden jubilees that had people like Sir Paul and Sir Elton performing.

Royals are celebrities in the US because they aren't our head of state.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I'm confused Harry didn't date Rihanna. Rihanna is from Barbados and they are celebrating their independence anniversary with a concert. Is that any different than the concerts for the diamond and golden jubilees that had people like Sir Paul and Sir Elton performing.

Royals are celebrities in the US because they aren't our head of state.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

No, Harry indeed did not date Ri Ri and that was not the point I was making, but at the expense of veering off topic never mind.

Let's hope there is not too much rough weather, or sleep will be hard to come by! Otherwise, I think it could possibly be great fun. Nevertheless I do feel a new Royal yacht would be a great idea.

Really looking forward to this tour!

Last edited:
The Prince will arrive in Antigua on Sunday night knowing that his performance will be monitored not only by his grandmother - who asked him to go to the West Indies in her place - but also by the growing number of anti-monarchists on the islands for whom the Royal family represents an unwanted link to their colonial past.

Where the Prince was welcomed to the region with open arms on his first royal tour in 2012, he may encounter a certain degree of hostility this time around.

A social media movement using the hashtag #NotMyPrince, borrowing from the “Not My President” movement against Donald Trump in the US, describes itself as an “anti-colonial welcoming committee for Prince Harry” which aims to “break the bonds of empire”.

The Not My Prince movement has even quoted the words of the Prince’s girlfriend for its own ends.

Miss Markle, who has a black mother and a white father, proudly talks about her ancestors who were slaves, and said in one interview: “You create the identity you want for yourself, just as my ancestors did when they were given their freedom.”

There are, however, plenty of Prince Harry fans ready to give him a warm welcome when he lands.

Antigua and Barbuda has created a special cocktail in his honour, called, appropriately, The Prince’s Ginger, using the country’s English Harbour Rum, with pineapple slices, lemon and pineapple juice.
Read more: Duty first for lovestruck Prince Harry as he jets off to the Caribbean*

A throne for Harry! Builders face race against time to make Caribbean's Clarence House fit for the prince ahead of his arrival in Antigua* | Daily Mail Online

And Prince Harry arrived in Antigua!!

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/11/20/19/3A9694B300000578-3954986-image-m-45_1479668957209.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ching-band-touches-Antigua-official-tour.html

https://www.zimbio.com/photos/Prince+Harry/Prince+Harry+Visits+Caribbean+Day+1/QSwyQBrfeCf

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/prince-harry-greets-young-soldiers-9299156

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...rity-to-be-tested-as-notmyprince-trends-as-h/

Prince Harry recalls holidays with Princess Diana on Caribbean trip | Royal | News | Daily Express

"Harry hails Queen and Prince Philip at start of Caribbean Tour"
https://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/ha...lip-at-start-of-caribbean-tour-11364114638048

"Princely visit inspires new cocktail"
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2016/11/princely-visit-inspires-new-cocktail/

Prince Harry Photos Photos - Prince Harry Visits The Caribbean - Day 2 - Zimbio

As you will see Curryong in the above article i post I'm out and I drink the new cocktail inspired by the visit of Prince Harry! And no I will not tell you if it is tasty!! The article haw the recipe so try it!

Oh don't worry about that , Harry don't leave me behind!!

Prince Harry meets 'cricket royalty' at match with Sirs Viv Richards, Curtly Ambrose and Andy Roberts in Antigua - Mirror Online

Prince Harry Photos Photos - Prince Harry Visits The Caribbean - Day 3 - Zimbio

Prince Harry takes a boat tour through mangroves on the island of Barbuda to see one of the largest colonies of frigate birds in the World, as he continues his tour of the Caribbean on November 22, 2016 in Barbuda.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...dlife-sanctuary-day-three-Caribbean-tour.html

Prince Harry visits Holy Trinity primary school and Nursery

Prince Harry Photos Photos - Prince Harry Visits The Caribbean - Day 3 - Zimbio

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Harry will be content wherever he stays. I can't see him trying out that commode though!

He is starting off well, in the faithful blue suit. Perhaps his tropical whites for this evening after he settles in? A beautiful and warm spot!

Eya, have you been unpacked from the plane yet? (She's travelling as hand luggage.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom