The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry: Official Visit to Nepal - March 20-23, 2016

Prince Harry's
Official Visit to Nepal
Spring 2016

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 59m59 minutes ago
Prince Harry will make an official visit to Nepal this spring. It will be the first time HRH has visited the country

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 58m58 minutes ago
There have been many royal visits to Nepal over the years including The Queen, Duke of Edinburgh & Prince of Wales

Old 01-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Interesting and welcoming news! I wonder if he'll travel to Nepal at the same time the Cambridges will make it to India and Bhutan as both announcements say "this spring" and the three countries are very closedto each other!

Old 01-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Interesting and welcoming news! I wonder if he'll travel to Nepal at the same time the Cambridges will make it to India and Bhutan as both announcements say "this spring" and the three countries are very closedto each other!

Possibly consecutively so the press Corp would not have to travel multiple times, they could go from one to the other while all in the same region.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

They wouldn't do it at the same time because you don't want to them to compete for attention. Even when C&C are on tour, WK &H are almost very low profile back in the UK. Plus with the shared staff, it will be impossible to do it at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 01-08-2016, 12:09 PM
Gentry

I think Harry will be going in either late April or Early May because in Mid May he will be Florida,United Station for the Invictus Games 2016
Old 01-08-2016, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Evening Standard article saying Harry's trip to Nepal is in February.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Evening Standard article saying Harry's trip to Nepal is in February.

Works more and is much more of a people person than others related to him. Gotta love Harry! (Not bad to look at either!) 😍😉
Old 01-08-2016, 10:55 PM
Heir Apparent

It will be good for Harry to have a look around this fascinating corner of the world and see what has been done with the local economy since the devastating earthquake of 2015. It was a body blow for the Nepalese really, as they rely so much on mountain climbing expeditions. I'm sure Harry will meet and greet in the sincere and enthusiastic way he always does.
Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
Possibly consecutively so the press Corp would not have to travel multiple times, they could go from one to the other while all in the same region.
Ah yes, good point.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal
Prince Harry will visit #Nepal between Sunday 20th March and Wednesday 23rd March, his first visit to the country

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
In all, Harry will undertake four days of engagements between March 20 and March 23. It's his first trip to Nepal

Prince Harry's Tour of Nepal
Old 02-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the update Rudolph. Question: Do visitors need a day or so to acclimate to the elevation when visiting Nepal?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Thank you for the update Rudolph. Question: Do visitors need a day or so to acclimate to the elevation when visiting Nepal?
From what I can gather off the internet, the affects of acclimatization are minimal for elevations of less that 2,000-2,400 metres.
Harry's visit will start at Kathmandu, which is 1,400 metres above sea-level so he should be alright.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry Set for His Next Adventure in Nepal : People.com
Old 02-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Heir Apparent

"As previously announced, Prince Harry will visit Nepal in March 2016. His Royal Highness will carry out four days of official engagements, at the request of Her Majesty's Government, between Sunday 20th March and Wednesday 23rd March. It is the first time Prince Harry has travelled to Nepal.The tour will begin and conclude in Kathmandu, where Prince Harry will meet President Bidya Devi Bhandari. He will also meet those affected by the Nepal earthquakes of April and May 2015, to learn about efforts being made to restore buildings of historic significance and to assist disaster preparedness.
Having served alongside Ghurka soldiers in Afghanistan, Prince Harry will visit the British Gurkha Camp in Pokhara, where he will commend the bravery and service to the Crown of an exceptional group of soldiers. He will also learn more about Gurkha recruitment, and the assistance offered by Gurkha forces to surrounding communities in the aftermath of the earthquake.
Like all visitors to Nepal, Prince Harry is also keen to enjoy the country's stunning natural beauty. As such, he will have an opportunity to take part in a trek, and to visit one of Nepal's National Parks."

Looking forward to it
Old 02-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Heir Apparent

The Ghurka visit will likely be the most significant personally to him. His working side by side with them in Afghanistan, and their service to the BRF, makes it a personal visit for him. I look forward to photos.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
From what I can gather off the internet, the affects of acclimatization are minimal for elevations of less that 2,000-2,400 metres.
Harry's visit will start at Kathmandu, which is 1,400 metres above sea-level so he should be alright.
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sure Harry will acclimatise well and thoroughly enjoy his time in the country. The scenery looks stunning. I'm looking forward to lots of photos!
Old 03-09-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Details announced of Prince Harry's Tour of Nepal
Old 03-09-2016, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
I always need a short version to try to keep track of the what and when. Here's my distilled version:
Sat, March 19th arrival and evening reception in Kathmandu
Sun Mar 20, Kathmandu meet with the President, visit earthquake/recovery sites, on locally to Bhaktapur for earthquake recovery material staging site and thence to a temporary housing site
Mon, Mar 31 on to Bardia National Park for rafting, biology research briefing and thence to Dalla and Pokhara for a a look at the natives and their ecotourism offerings. The afternoon (trekking) and overnight will be spent with Gurkhas
On Tuesday, he'll greet the dawn in the Himalayas, visit a Gurkha school, service camp and memorial.
Wed, the 1st, he's back in Kathmandu for the Girl Ghurka Summit, then locally to Bhaktapur to visit a technical school. That same afternoon he is in Kathmandu to visit a Children's hospital and then a closing reception at the UK embassy.
Those are some busy days!
Edit - Excellent source for info on the Gurkha Welfare Trust: https://www.gwt.org.uk/map

I just tried mapping the locations in the announcement (not all are supplied). I did the best I could and hope this link works: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Kath...d28.237987!3e0
Old 03-09-2016, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

AdmireUS Thanks!!

Prince Harry to Stay with Local Family During Nepal Visit : People.com

Tags
nepal, official visit, prince harry