Prince Harry: Official Visit to Nepal - March 20-23, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice photos and great PR for Harry - A win, win for everyone

Once again receiving great press. His brother should take note.

Harry on royal tours like these is just wonderful he mixes with local people on a different level from most royals. The tours always seem fun and engaging whilst also covering all official duties required. He is such a shinning light for the royal family when he tours - say what you want about him, his private life and work rate, Harry is the best at the royal tour in the modern sense
I love the fact he is staying on for a few days to help with a charity rebuilding the community - Harry is able to do this, whereas other royals can't as they have families like Edward/Sophie & William/Kate. YES its a great PR move by KP (and boy do the press team at KP need some good PR) BUT it is also a very Harry move. He is that type of person and it is very much a reminder of how is mother was as well

It appears that Harry has enjoyed his trip to Nepal and it was nice to see all the photos. I also think it's lovely of him to extend the trip so that he can help the local community. He appears to be very friendly and down to earth.

It was nice of Kensington Palace to share Harry's video and captions - I'm now following their Instagram. Do we know if Harry took the photos above his captions, too?

It appears that Harry has enjoyed his trip to Nepal and it was nice to see all the photos. I also think it's lovely of him to extend the trip so that he can help the local community. He appears to be very friendly and down to earth.

It was nice of Kensington Palace to share Harry's video and captions - I'm now following their Instagram. Do we know if Harry took the photos above his captions, too?

The Kensington Palace twitter says he took the photos & the video from the helicopter.

Court Circular
24th March, 2016

Prince Henry of Wales this morning began work with Team Rubicon UK in Nepal.

I love the fact he is staying on for a few days to help with a charity rebuilding the community - Harry is able to do this, whereas other royals can't as they have families like Edward/Sophie & William/Kate. YES its a great PR move by KP (and boy do the press team at KP need some good PR) BUT it is also a very Harry move. He is that type of person and it is very much a reminder of how is mother was as well

I think Harry would do this even if he had a family, and I think he will marry the sort of woman who would either applaud him for doing it and encourage him in it, or accompany him with their children. William has choofed off to Kenya for the holidays, leaving his wife and young children at home while he attends an ex-girlfriend's wedding, so I don't think having a family stops him from doing what he wants.

If Harry has spare time on his hands he should be rebuilding houses in the UK, there are thousands of people without homes because of the floods and could use the help.

His tour ended. Him staying on is his own decision but I guess Nepal provides a better storyline and photo-ops than Cumbria

I agree, Roslyn. I think Harry will hopefully marry an adventurous and enterprising young woman. She and their children will love Africa as much as he does and support Sentable and the other charities Harry does so much for with enthusiasm and a genuine commitment. As you probably know, Team Rubicon UK is involved in assisting those people who were flooded in Cumbria and Yorkshire. Nepal though really needs all the help it can get and Harry will undoubtedly do his bit there. I hope he becomes a patron of UK Rubicon, actually!

Good for team Rubicon UK for helping out in Cumbria. Poor show on Harry for deciding it's a better photo-op to 'rebuild' in Nepal than to help out tax-payers in the UK

Great story in the Katmandu Post you gave the link for, Polyesco, especially about Harry walking three hours to get to the village. He must have been footsore!

I say when Harry gets back from Nepal he would gladly help people who lost there homes due to flooding. Were is Prince William or Kate that they cant help rebuild homes??

Previous I think I would want a builder to build my house !!! Since when has the BRF been in the building business

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I cant believe some of the posts on here.

Harry does not fly in support of sick/ill people
William does not try and help businesses in flood hit Cumbria by supporting tourism
Charles does not build a school in Tibet.

But each of them is doing good work for a range of communities and causes.

We should appreciate that they all d good work.

The Kensington Palace twitter says he took the photos & the video from the helicopter.

I'm on my phone at the moment so I cannot "thank" you, therefore I will thank you in a written way. I had guessed that was the case, but just wanted to be certain. I liked Harry's photos, I wonder if he shares Catherine's interest in photography, although it's quite natural of course to take photos whilst on trips, whether you like photography or not.

Glad to see Harry is part of the team and getting stuck into getting his hands dirty!

I do seem to recall Harry and William helping the flood victims in England a year ago when they went with the military to add more sandbags and flood defences to areas.
I didn't think Harry would get the criticism he has for doing this work with the charity - i think it is something quite admiral and we are lucky to have him in the British royal family. Searching to recall when the royals (british or foreign) have done similar things like what Harry is doing in Nepal ........

One thing, other than the actual physical labor rebuilding the school, that Harry will have accomplished by remaining in Nepal with Team Rubicon is to draw attention to this fabulous charity which I had never heard of before this tour. I can definitely see Harry adding this worthwhile organization to a spot in his heart where he carries those things he cares about most.

I'm sure also, that he's had a fantastic time and really enjoyed being just "one of the guys" and doing something very worthwhile.

Disaster Response Veterans Service Organisation | Team Rubicon | Disaster Relief Organisation & Support Squad

I think the beard is here to stay now! Harry's done a fine job in Nepal and will have fond memories I'm sure. Hope he becomes patron of Rubicon UK.

That is so cute, and I'm sure Harry is appreciative of the honour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom