The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HRH Prince Harry in Nepal

PPE

PPE Agency

Old 03-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Posts concerning the amount of media coverage for members of the royal family have been moved to the following thread:

The Royal Family and the Media

Old 03-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Royal Highness

PRINCE HARRY VISIT NEPAL | Selda Göktaş
Old 03-21-2016, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

He enjoys seeing live tigers. Harry's having a wonderful trip and everyone seems pleased that he's visiting them.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:12 AM
Heir Apparent

For what I've seen, this trip seems to be quite successful as for now, and everyone seems to enjoy it to the fullest.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:12 AM
Majesty

I found myself amused at Harry starting his visit in his (unofficial) royal uniform of a blue suit and tie. This was rapidly followed by the loss of the tie, the jacket and then out came the shirt tails and up rolled the sleeves.

From then on it's been suede ankle boots (fashion not army), jeans and "real" to the nth degree. His avid enthusiasm seems contagious and his interest genuine. His ready smile and humour seem to have made this a successful visit thus far and here's hoping HM continues to deploy her secret charm offensive weapon many more times in the future.
Old 03-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Action Man II. I'm smitten and admit it.

... And BTW - DM amended the headline, which did not include the fact that the "hunt" was to simply see a tiger. They did not see one.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Nobility

Day 3:
Beelden En Foto's | Getty Images
Old 03-21-2016, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Great tour so far both for Harry and the country

He seems to be really enjoying himself, both with the people and in nature with the WWF and rafting. He is so natural with the people. I like they had a teenager giving him a tour instead of some official.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Majesty

Thanks for the coverage so far. No one mentioned, no one left out.

Harry is a true asset for the BRF and he excels at these kinds of visits.
Old 03-21-2016, 05:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry is crowned king of the village as he gets 'head man' hat | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-21-2016, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

I am so relieved that this village solved the "My head is too big" issues. I also think that my old practice of breathing deeply to ward off a negative response is going to be replaced with hands together/bow/Namaste. I'll still breathe deeply.
It would be so life changing to sleep with the Gurkhas! I envy Harry.
As a feminist, I do admit to wanting to understand Gurkha women's life experience better. A 2012 study said that PTSD was not much an issue for the Gurkhas.
Maybe we can learn something,you know?
Old 03-22-2016, 04:00 AM
Heir Apparent

It must be wonderful to enjoy the hospitality of a Nepalese village in the Himalayan foothills and then go outside and see the sunrise over those mountain tops. I think Harry is appreciative of it all, and seems in high spirits (and laden with scarves and garlands.)
Old 03-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Prince visit Leorani Village in Lamjung, Nepal.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 03-22-2016, 09:24 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Harry is definitely one man who does not let ego play an important role in his life. No matter where he goes, be it a formal military occasion or a celebration of color in a local school, Harry always seems to be able to mesh right in and fully experience whatever is going on around him.

It is when a person can appreciate and become a part of the world around them that they find that the world appreciates having them in their midst. This definitely describes Harry.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 03-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Surprisingly little coverage in Britain of this tour given Harry's so called 'popularity' - Three of the daily newspapers didn't send any reporters, which seems to be the benchmark by which we measure royal popularity lately. I thought he'd be all over the front pages.

Does anyone know what time tomorrow he ends his visit to Nepal?

Tags
nepal, official visit, prince harry