The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry Leaving the Army (June 2015): What will he do now?

Confirmation by KP

Prince Harry confirms he’s leaving the Armed Forces

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-16-2015, 10:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

It seems like charity work and official duties will be Harry's focus from now on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I imagine it was a hard decision for Harry. He seemed to really enjoy the military.

It says that when he comes back from Africa, he'll be taking a voluntary job with the Ministry of Defence and considering his options. According to Richard Palmer, Harry's not yet ready to become a full-time royal, so it will be interesting to see what he ends up doing.

Another article about Harry's decision.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...turn-volunteer
Old 03-17-2015, 05:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry looking for a full-time job after making 'tough' decision to leave Army - Telegraph
Quote:
Prince Harry is looking for a full-time job after making the “really tough” decision to leave the Army.

Speaking for the first time about his choice to bring his active military career to an end, he said he had reached a “crossroads” and was looking forward to starting a “new chapter” in his life.

Kensington Palace confirmed that the Prince, 30, will end his ten-year military career in June, after which he will be “actively considering other longer term employment opportunities”.

A source close to the Prince said his options were “wide and varied” but he was likely to look for a role with a charity or “in some form of public service”, following the example of his brother, the Duke of Cambridge, who has taken a job as an air ambulance pilot after leaving the RAF.

“The one thing he won’t be doing is full-time royal duties,” said the source, “but he will continue to fulfil royal engagements as and when he is asked to.”
Old 03-17-2015, 06:01 AM
Majesty

I am sure he has some potential roles lined up. I am sure this is a decision he has though through properly. All the best to him in his new life.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent

If Harry had been in deep disgrace over the Vegas debacle he wouldn't have been allowed to serve in Afghanistan.

I think he's a people person and admin desk jobs just aren't his forte. I'm sure he will continue with Sentable and his work with wounded warriors which he does so well.

Other projects will come up and he will still be performing some royal duties. Harry's a popular and charismatic member of the royal family and people respond to his warmth. I'm sure he'll do well in the future.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 18h 18 hours ago
Kensington Palace hasn't used the phrase "transitional year" but Harry seems to be following a similar path to William.

Richard Palmer @RoyalReporter · 18h 18 hours ago
Neither William nor Harry want to be fulltime working royals, certainly not now, and want to combine official duties with a civilian career.

Kensington Palace confirms Prince Harry WILL leave Army this summer | Royal | News | Daily Express

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-17-2015, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't say flying Apaches is a 'young mans game' ...the military has pilots flying combat helicopters well over the age Harry is. I'd say that the biggest factor in his decision to leave is his inability to serve without causing risk to his fellow soldiers due to who he is...and he doesn't seem like the type to be happy with a desk job.

LaRae
Old 03-17-2015, 03:27 PM
Royal Highness

It seems Prince Harry will do a voluntary job in the field of charity work in Africa for several months.

Old 03-17-2015, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

He's only going to be in Africa for a few months (June - August). He'll be back in London in September.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:00 AM
Royal Highness

No wife. No job. Still living on royal handouts. MICHAEL THORNTON, a huge admirer, explains why the LAST thing Harry needs is ANOTHER gap year | Daily Mail Online

Following in William's footsteps. A gap year or two...

He is leaving in April for Australia.
Anyone else thinks Harry doesn't want to be around when all the fuss and attention is focused on Kate, William and new baby.

Uncle Harry missing George's 2nd birthday.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Why is he coming here? Isn't there somewhere else he can go for a few weeks' holiday under the guise of "secondment"? There must still be some Realms he hasn't bludged off in his life. After Abbott made his grandpa an Australian Knight, I suppose he thought we were a sure thing.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
He is leaving in April for Australia.
Anyone else thinks Harry doesn't want to be around when all the fuss and attention is focused on Kate, William and new baby.

Uncle Harry missing George's 2nd birthday.

He's in in April because that's when he's time starts it's got nothing to do with the new baby. What rot,truly is this kick Harry week ?
Missing his nephews birthday.. Big deal didn't Charles missed George's 1st birthday.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 03-18-2015, 01:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

I happen to think Harry is trying to create a stable and calm life for himself, so he can find a nice girlfriend to form a relationship with.

I reject the idea that Harry will skip over royal duties. He really have no choice but to step up his official duties, once he's no longer active in the military.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-18-2015, 02:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

As he is leaving the army in June why is the army even bothering - this is a waste of the taxpayers money both here and in the UK. This secondment should be going to someone who will actually be able to use the experience not to someone who will barely have time to write a report on their experience before they are out of the army.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
As he is leaving the army in June why is the army even bothering - this is a waste of the taxpayers money both here and in the UK. This secondment should be going to someone who will actually be able to use the experience not to someone who will barely have time to write a report on their experience before they are out of the army.

We don't know what he will be doing and he will be dealing with army people in his future roles so who knows what it's going to entail

Old 03-18-2015, 03:13 AM
Nobility

My only question is, why he is so urgent to quit. He can find a new job first and then quit the old job. That is what people usually do. And in this case, it would have much better PR. I don't think the Army will force him to quit.
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true..."
-- The Road Less Travelled
Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
My only question is, why he is so urgent to quit. He can find a new job first and then quit the old job. That is what people usually do. And in this case, it would have much better PR. I don't think the Army will force him to quit.

I don't think he has real any role and would have to move on to a desk job. I have faith he is doing the right thing 🙏

Old 03-18-2015, 03:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I don't think he has real any role and would have to move on to a desk job. I have faith he is doing the right thing 🙏

I have faith too. But I am just curious of the reason. Doing desk job might be dull, but still some form of experience. And his statement says he is going to look for a new job. Even though he will come back to Britain in September, he will be still jobless. Without a new job, and quit the old job. In this case, you can not blame people to be cynical.
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true..."
-- The Road Less Travelled
Old 03-18-2015, 04:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
I have faith too. But I am just curious of the reason. Doing desk job might be dull, but still some form of experience. And his statement says he is going to look for a new job. Even though he will come back to Britain in September, he will be still jobless. Without a new job, and quit the old job. In this case, you can not blame people to be cynical.

I think there's a plan that we don't know about. Both William and Harry have to be ready to step up at any time. Anyway we shall see