Prince Harry Leaving the Army (June 2015): What will he do now?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever Harry does in a the future I doubt he will be attending Yale law school. I think that was a Twitter rumour. Although, wasn't George W. (Bush) a graduate of Yale?
Yes. I believe men from his family typically attended Yale and Countessmeout listed notable graduates.

This type of article demonstrates the current desperation of the tabloid press. They know this is a rumor and still chose to write an article.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the rumour about the Yale is false. If Prince Henry wishes to continue his education, he can enter a much better university in Europe.

Last edited:
Unless it's an apprenticeship for something specific, Harry has done pretty everything to stay away from colleges and universities. He'll tell you that he wasn't good at school.

Mmm, I don't know why this rumour has been circulating for days. Seriously, it was even denied by the palace, and the odds were against college for Harry sinc the beginning. It was just a gossip meant to chat a bit and getting click. I don't see why many are still talking about it.

Hopefully the rumour about the Yale is false. If Prince Henry wishes to continue his education, he can enter a much better university in Europe.
And there are better Universities in the US, depending on his program of study. Yale has it strengths, but I think if the POW ever took an architectural tour there, he might never speak again.

But I think this is rubbish. Harry never liked to study!

And there are better Universities in the US, depending on his program of study. Yale has it strengths, but I think if the POW ever took an architectural tour there, he might never speak again.

(Mystically rubbing her crystal ball......)

Through the mists I see Harry in horned rimmed glasses perusing many weighty law tomes in the Yale library but as I gaze even closer, I see on his spiral bound notebooks the word "Chelsy". The guardians of the mental worlds have revealed to me that Harry's goal is to have everything possible in common with the woman's heart he hopes to capture.

Ugh! I have been playing too many fantasy RPGs lately. :ROFLMAO:

I have a very very very low opinion about the US education. A grade of a university does not matter. That is all.

I have a very very very low opinion about the US education. A grade of a university does not matter. That is all.

World university rankings like THES, QS and ARWU disagree with you. Aren't US universities the majority of the top 50 world universities in all those rankings ? And maybe 8 out of the top 10 ?

I agree with you though that primary and secondary education in the US is pretty bad though by international standards, which is a paradox.

Going back to Harry, he can't study Law in the US without having a bachelor's degree first, which he doesn't. Law is not a first degree in the US education system like the LL.B is in Australia or the UK for example.

Last edited by a moderator:
World university rankings like THES, QS and ARWU disagree with you. Aren't US universities the majority of the top 50 world universities in all those rankings ? And maybe 8 out of the top 10 ?

I agree with you though that primary and secondary education in the US is pretty bad though by international standards, which is a paradox.

The QS system the US has six of the top 10, the other 4 are British. The top 5 are 1. MIT 2. Cambridge 3. Imperial college of London 4. Harvard 5. Oxford with University college of London, Stanford, Caltech, Princeton and Yale rounding out the top 10. 11 out of the top 20 (John Hopkins, Cornell U of Chicago and U of Penn and Columbia) with a Swiss, Canadian, English and Scottish university rounding it out.

The media...he's not second in line to the throne. Where do they come up with this stuff?

LaRae

Since he's not taking on a job, what do we see Harry doing in 5 years. His numbers are about the same as last year. Should he be doing more with the platform he has?

Since he's not taking on a job, what do we see Harry doing in 5 years. His numbers are about the same as last year. Should he be doing more with the platform he has?

I think the young royals will change how official duties are done. The number of engagements one has carried out throughout the year will become less important, and the focus will be on issues.

Harry seem to be on his way to tackling more issues than ever.

:previous: We only "know" of the stuff he is doing that gets into the court circular. Many of do believe he is already doing "more," if not CC events.
And as many have pointed out the public appearances come with an additional cost that it seems the family seems to not want bear just now.

It would be the best, PR wise, for him to have a full time position so as to be seen as being engaged. But I think he finds his skills and situation a poor match for the employment opportunities out there. JMO.

:previous: We only "know" of the stuff he is doing that gets into the court circular. Many of do believe he is already doing "more," if not CC events.
And as many have pointed out the public appearances come with an additional cost that it seems the family seems to not want bear just now.

It would be the best, PR wise, for him to have a full time position so as to be seen as being engaged. But I think he finds his skills and situation a poor match for the employment opportunities out there. JMO.

I don't think the royals will be carrying out 300 to 400 engagements in the future. Those number will come down and people will just have to get used to it.

There is definitely the scent of change in the air around how to reach people on issues. We've seen Harry having a simple HIV test go viral via social media and reach millions of people worldwide. We've seen HM, The Queen and Harry vs. the Obamas in a friendly competitive "mic dropping" that plugged the Invictus Games which showcases international wounded service personnel. Harry is now an ambassador for United for Wildlife which is a global effort by many people and many organizations for a common cause. To end the poaching and killing of endangered animals.

If one action by a royal that takes five minutes can reach millions of people instantly, it just stands to reason that the importance of the number of "appearances" a royal does in a year loses its importance.

Then by that argument so should any funding. If a 50 second tweet is worth 30 events, maybe 30,000 should be worth a million. Who needs security, helicopter, personal secretaries and such if they are going to sit on their butt and tweet. :ermm:

Yes PR is needed for events, but that doesn't mean the event isn't needed. Considering that 1 event is maybe 2 hours, they could do 2 a day without breaking a sweat. Say they work 44 weeks a year (pretty sure 2 months holiday is more than above average) and 3 days a week (less than average) they would average 265 engagements, far more than they do. That is averaging 44 hours a month. 11hours/week. Even with plans, that wouldn't even qualify as a part time job.

And if Charles gets his way to slim down to his family, all the work of 15 royals will be done by 5. Even if one argues there are charities that can be dropped, there are many important ones that cant/shouldn't.

The 'royal foundation' takes in money. It's not a charity. If the royals aren't out doing events and raising that money, the foundation does little. Their wedding money could only go so far. Do you think people will continue to donate to royals they never see except on social media. Highly unlikely.

As for Harry's tweet, yes it got a lot of Pr. but not because he sat at home and tweeted about HIV testing, because he went and did it. The Invictus games got a boost yes, but it was the months of planning, promoting and the actual games which did the real good.

As for Harry's tweet, yes it got a lot of Pr. but not because he sat at home and tweeted about HIV testing, because he went and did it. The Invictus games got a boost yes, but it was the months of planning, promoting and the actual games which did the real good.

Oh I totally agree here. As often stated, seeing is believing and by no means will it ever be acceptable to only use social media. The idea is to make use of all avenues of reaching the public and making full use of all available tools

I don't think the royals will be carrying out 300 to 400 engagements in the future. Those number will come down and people will just have to get used to it.

I agree and have said before I think the type of engagement will change as well. Time will tell what people get used to and whet they still demand of their royal family.

At 32 I can't see Harry wanting to go back to school/collage! Nor has he any reason to think he should do so! If he did so for private reasons there are many private methods available.
He has found his place in this family of his; as he said himself, there is a lot of his mother in him, so I can see a lot of hands-on charity work in his future, other than the ribbon cutting engagements (also welcomed) carried out.

Just because Harry doesn't return to school or a university for study, it doesn't mean that he's not learning. Right now he's on his second trip to Africa to work privately with wildlife conservationists to learn more, experience more and be able to inform more on what happens and what is needed in that respect. Its a hands on education in something he's very passionate about. :D

We see this in just about every aspect of Harry's life whether it be HIV, conservation, the health and welfare of injured service personnel or whatever he gives his energy to.

For some reason Harry's future and role in the family doesn't get as much attention but now that the Cambridges made their announcement today, what do we see Harry doing?

Will he increase his royal duties and take on a more high profile role like State Visits or the Diplomatic Reception?

For some reason Harry's future and role in the family doesn't get as much attention but now that the Cambridges made their announcement today, what do we see Harry doing?

Will he increase his royal duties and take on a more high profile role like State Visits or the Diplomatic Reception?

Rudolph, I share the same questions!

^ As his grandparents become older, especially remembering that Prince Philip will be 96 next birthday, I believe that Harry will substantially increase his engagements, starting this year. When Charles comes to the throne, IMO, Harry (and perhaps spouse) will almost certainly be taking part in receptions and banquets to do with State Visits to Britain etc. Charles's preference for a slimmed down monarchy has been argued over a lot on TRF but when he becomes king it's inevitable I think that his family will become more high-profile, and that includes Harry.

I agree with Curryong. I also think that Harry is going to be the go to guy for more foreign tours as he seems to excel at these. I also think that the patronages and the support work for military organizations will ramp up more. Harry, most likely, will be increasing his royal duties but I don't believe there'll be any announcement like William's leaving EAAA mostly because right now, Harry doesn't have anything that he'd have to leave. He'll just do it.

The other attending the state dinner and maybe attending a supporting function during the trip. The younger children of the monarch don't really play a large role in incoming state visit. It's usually the heir and the monarch that's most involved in the visit.

Once Charles becomes King, there will be a lot of overseas visits. The new King and Queen will have to visit the major realms like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Caribbean realms, plus they will have to visit the European monarchies and major U.K. Allies like US, France and Germany. That will be a large chunk of the travel budget. William and Kate as the new Prince and Princess of Wales would be next to be sent overseas.

So I don't really see Harry increasing the amount of his royal tours. They may even decrease as the focus is put on the new monarch.

Unlike his brother who has a set path, Harry can forge he own way. Hopefully it will be more successful than Andrew and Margaret.

I don't know. I think that Harry will be of huge help once Charles become King. It's not like Charles has four kids like the queen has, he only have two of them. And if he put into practice the concept of a streamelined monarchy, there ar enot many members of the RF left.

Prior to his economic scandals the last few years, Andrew actually did a pretty good job, and had a set place. His naval career followed by his focus on naval related areas, he has a lot in common with Harry. In both cases, unlike their older brother, they both pursued an active military career. And since meaning active duty, have focussed on related patronages. Due to his marriage and new economic scandals, a lot of Andrews work has been over looked. He has been very active with supporting the Canadian navy. It's a shame that even in local news here, his visits and work often got little press.

I think though Harry will pick up more duties, he will continue along the similar theme of patronages. Honestly if Charles has his way of slimming down the monarchy, there needs to be more division between Harry abd the Cambridges. They focus too much in the same areas. William has been learning to take over Cornwall, and he would be a natural to take over his father's trust, not just as the new pow, when his dad is king. Kate could focus on her children/health related. And Harry on military and things like ptsd. There would be over laps, as Harry has a passion for nature too. Perhaps Harry's future wife can focus on more if the artistic patronages or something she is interested in. They will all have numerous patronages in different areas, pretty standard. But royals usually have a few main areas of focus.

No doubt Harry will continue with Invictus, walking with the wounded and Senteble. But will be great to see him taking on more .

Andrew was in the Royal Navy for 26 years in active service. Harry only did 10 in the Army. William even had 7 years in the military. So there is not really an equal comparison with Harry and Andrew. Andrew had a full time military until age 45. Harry left at age at 30.

I am not comparing lengths. But the fact that Harry like his uncle was an active duty soldier. He saw combat zones. He didn't simply go through the training as others like Charles. And like his uncle, Harry has been focussing on military related duties since he left the army. In both ways, active duty and his focus after retiring, Harry is very comparable to his uncle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom