The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-16-2016, 07:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
As for Harry's tweet, yes it got a lot of Pr. but not because he sat at home and tweeted about HIV testing, because he went and did it. The Invictus games got a boost yes, but it was the months of planning, promoting and the actual games which did the real good.
Oh I totally agree here. As often stated, seeing is believing and by no means will it ever be acceptable to only use social media. The idea is to make use of all avenues of reaching the public and making full use of all available tools

Old 07-16-2016, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think the royals will be carrying out 300 to 400 engagements in the future. Those number will come down and people will just have to get used to it.
I agree and have said before I think the type of engagement will change as well. Time will tell what people get used to and whet they still demand of their royal family.

Old 08-05-2016, 11:27 AM
Nobility

At 32 I can't see Harry wanting to go back to school/collage! Nor has he any reason to think he should do so! If he did so for private reasons there are many private methods available.
He has found his place in this family of his; as he said himself, there is a lot of his mother in him, so I can see a lot of hands-on charity work in his future, other than the ribbon cutting engagements (also welcomed) carried out.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Majesty

Just because Harry doesn't return to school or a university for study, it doesn't mean that he's not learning. Right now he's on his second trip to Africa to work privately with wildlife conservationists to learn more, experience more and be able to inform more on what happens and what is needed in that respect. Its a hands on education in something he's very passionate about.

We see this in just about every aspect of Harry's life whether it be HIV, conservation, the health and welfare of injured service personnel or whatever he gives his energy to.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Heir Apparent

For some reason Harry's future and role in the family doesn't get as much attention but now that the Cambridges made their announcement today, what do we see Harry doing?

Will he increase his royal duties and take on a more high profile role like State Visits or the Diplomatic Reception?
Old 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
For some reason Harry's future and role in the family doesn't get as much attention but now that the Cambridges made their announcement today, what do we see Harry doing?

Will he increase his royal duties and take on a more high profile role like State Visits or the Diplomatic Reception?
Rudolph, I share the same questions!

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

^ As his grandparents become older, especially remembering that Prince Philip will be 96 next birthday, I believe that Harry will substantially increase his engagements, starting this year. When Charles comes to the throne, IMO, Harry (and perhaps spouse) will almost certainly be taking part in receptions and banquets to do with State Visits to Britain etc. Charles's preference for a slimmed down monarchy has been argued over a lot on TRF but when he becomes king it's inevitable I think that his family will become more high-profile, and that includes Harry.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:46 PM
Majesty

I agree with Curryong. I also think that Harry is going to be the go to guy for more foreign tours as he seems to excel at these. I also think that the patronages and the support work for military organizations will ramp up more. Harry, most likely, will be increasing his royal duties but I don't believe there'll be any announcement like William's leaving EAAA mostly because right now, Harry doesn't have anything that he'd have to leave. He'll just do it.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

The other attending the state dinner and maybe attending a supporting function during the trip. The younger children of the monarch don't really play a large role in incoming state visit. It's usually the heir and the monarch that's most involved in the visit.

Once Charles becomes King, there will be a lot of overseas visits. The new King and Queen will have to visit the major realms like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea and the Caribbean realms, plus they will have to visit the European monarchies and major U.K. Allies like US, France and Germany. That will be a large chunk of the travel budget. William and Kate as the new Prince and Princess of Wales would be next to be sent overseas.

So I don't really see Harry increasing the amount of his royal tours. They may even decrease as the focus is put on the new monarch.

Unlike his brother who has a set path, Harry can forge he own way. Hopefully it will be more successful than Andrew and Margaret.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:31 PM
Majesty

I don't know. I think that Harry will be of huge help once Charles become King. It's not like Charles has four kids like the queen has, he only have two of them. And if he put into practice the concept of a streamelined monarchy, there ar enot many members of the RF left.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Prior to his economic scandals the last few years, Andrew actually did a pretty good job, and had a set place. His naval career followed by his focus on naval related areas, he has a lot in common with Harry. In both cases, unlike their older brother, they both pursued an active military career. And since meaning active duty, have focussed on related patronages. Due to his marriage and new economic scandals, a lot of Andrews work has been over looked. He has been very active with supporting the Canadian navy. It's a shame that even in local news here, his visits and work often got little press.

I think though Harry will pick up more duties, he will continue along the similar theme of patronages. Honestly if Charles has his way of slimming down the monarchy, there needs to be more division between Harry abd the Cambridges. They focus too much in the same areas. William has been learning to take over Cornwall, and he would be a natural to take over his father's trust, not just as the new pow, when his dad is king. Kate could focus on her children/health related. And Harry on military and things like ptsd. There would be over laps, as Harry has a passion for nature too. Perhaps Harry's future wife can focus on more if the artistic patronages or something she is interested in. They will all have numerous patronages in different areas, pretty standard. But royals usually have a few main areas of focus.

No doubt Harry will continue with Invictus, walking with the wounded and Senteble. But will be great to see him taking on more .
Old 01-20-2017, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Andrew was in the Royal Navy for 26 years in active service. Harry only did 10 in the Army. William even had 7 years in the military. So there is not really an equal comparison with Harry and Andrew. Andrew had a full time military until age 45. Harry left at age at 30.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not comparing lengths. But the fact that Harry like his uncle was an active duty soldier. He saw combat zones. He didn't simply go through the training as others like Charles. And like his uncle, Harry has been focussing on military related duties since he left the army. In both ways, active duty and his focus after retiring, Harry is very comparable to his uncle.