Prince Harry: Future Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Hmm, as far as I am aware, it doesn't really matter what faith, if any Meghan follows or if Harry does or doesn't attend church. Neither affects their actual wedding itself.

How did we get off the subject of Harry's future wedding and onto Meghan Markle's religious leanings? As far as I'm concerned, spiritual beliefs and practices are personal and should there be a wedding, the couple will work things out that things are acceptable all the way around.

Because a wedding would be in a church most likely etc etc. There is not a hidden agenda in most cases

Because a wedding would be in a church most likely etc etc. There is not a hidden agenda in most cases

Indeed. There is no obligation to get married in the church. In their case, there is a strong expectation. As it is important to the queen, and Harry is the grandson of the current head of the church, and the son and brother of the future heads, it would raise a lot of questions if they would decide not to get married in the CoE... However, I expect that Harry and Meghan will do as is expected, unless Meghan secretly holds strong oppossite views (but that seems highly unlikely, indifference is easier to overcome).

The chapel Royal at Hampton Court, altho' magnificent is very small, about the same size as the one at St James' Palace.
It is a Palatine Chapel, meaning the King and Royal family sat in a gallery at the back, on the same level as the State apartments, looking down upon the Altar, choir and congregation at ground floor level.
It was never intended for large occasions like a modern wedding.

That is such a pretty church. It's a shame it's so small.

Royal weddings generally take place in churches that are "Royal Peculier".

A Royal Peculiar (or Royal Peculier) is a Church of England parish or church exempt from the jurisdiction of the diocese in which it lies and subject to the direct jurisdiction of the monarch. So closing a church down for a number of days in preparation is never an issue.

Examples inc Westminster Abbey, St Georges and the Chapel Royal

Only wedding in recent yrs not taking place in one of these was Zara Philips.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Peculiar

I would love it if Harry got married in Scotland or Northern Ireland.

Different everything will be hard. It is still a wedding and the grooms are brothers, so same vows, same family, groom in uniform and bride in wedding gown :flowers:

So, yes, I agree the couple should do what fits them but I don't see the need to specifically try to avoid any resemblance with William and Catherine's wedding. If there is a song they like that was already used in the 2011 wedding, they should go ahead and use it as well. If they prefer different songs, that is fine too. Same with other possible overlap or resemblances.

Last edited:
Is there any chance she could wear the strathmore rose tiara? I know it's extremely special to HM, being her mother's, but I love it so much, especially the way the late QM wore it on her forehead. I would love to see more vintage 1920s style coming back. I think Meghan could look really beautiful wearing that tiara, especially with her hair up. But it is probably a very long shot. I just wondered if there was any chance. I hope she doesn't just get to wear the same one Kate wore. I think it would be kind of insulting to have her do anything just like Kate did. Like, that was Kate's wedding, and Meghan's wedding should be totally different. Different everything, dress, tiara, all jewels different. I think nothing, at least respecting the bride's person, should be the same.
The Strathmore Rose is a beautiful piece but no one has seen it in decades. It might be in the BRF vaults either intact or dismantled.

Different everything will be hard. It is still a wedding and the grooms are brothers, so same vows, same family, groom in uniform and bride in wedding gown
Yes I agree that it would be impossible to avoid all similarities unless they opt something far from the BRF norm such as a wedding in a circus tent in the middle of a grassy field with the couple in matching plaid jumpsuits with only their pets as their attendants.

Last edited:
Different everything will be hard. It is still a wedding and the grooms are brothers, so same vows, same family, groom in uniform and bride in wedding gown :flowers:

So, yes, I agree the couple should do what fits them but I don't see the need to specifically try to avoid any resemblance with William and Catherine's wedding. If there is a song they like that was already used in the 2011 wedding, they should go ahead and use it as well. If they prefer different songs, that is fine too. Same with other possible overlap or resemblances.

Obviously there are traditions that carry through every wedding ceremony. That's fine and understandable. I really meant.... I know I said "different everything" but what I truly meant was "different everything" unique to the bride. I mean, I think some things like her dress, her tiara, or whatever jewelry if not a tiara, these are things that can and should be individualized. But that's just my feeling about it. It's not science. :flowers:

There's been a lot of discussion about whether Harry will get a bank holiday for his wedding, like William did.
Many consider it unlikely, because of the cost.

What I was wondering is whether Harry could get married on a regular bank holiday that is already scheduled?
For example, the Spring Bank Holiday will be on Monday, May 28.

Would that be feasible?

Sounds like a good idea. There is no way they will get a holiday for Harry’s wedding. I think a Saturday wedding is most likely

Why would they need a holiday? I just assumed they'd get married on a Saturday. Most weddings are on Saturdays anyway.

IMO it is far more likely they simply marry on a weekend, then choosing a bank holiday to wed on. It will remove the need for any debate on a holiday, and the costs that go with it. And will open up more weekends then would be open if they had to choose a bank holiday.

IMO it is far more likely they simply marry on a weekend, then choosing a bank holiday to wed on. It will remove the need for any debate on a holiday, and the costs that go with it. And will open up more weekends then would be open if they had to choose a bank holiday.

Also it works better for me, which I know will be foremost on their minds. :) LOL!

Also it works better for me, which I know will be foremost on their minds. :) LOL!

Oh, the May Bank Holiday in 2018 works perfectly for those of us in the US! Same day as our Memorial Day holiday. I'd be down with not taking a day off of work to watch another royal wedding.

Week late for us. Our long weekend is the weekend before for Victoria day.

Oh, the May Bank Holiday in 2018 works perfectly for those of us in the US! Same day as our Memorial Day holiday. I'd be down with not taking a day off of work to watch another royal wedding.

I'm in the US too! I was thinking a Saturday wedding would work as well. I can get up super early and then sleep all day Sunday! God will forgive me for missing church! LOL!

But yes Memorial Day works too. Again, they should be planning their wedding date around us. LOL!

Can Meghan get married in a Church with the Queen present she is divorced or doesn't it matter anymore? I'm not going to hold my breath todays rumour is they will live together for a year before getting engaged. Visiting each other is a lot different then living together full time.

Can Meghan get married in a Church with the Queen present she is divorced or doesn't it matter anymore? I'm not going to hold my breath todays rumour is they will live together for a year before getting engaged. Visiting each other is a lot different then living together full time.

Its been discussed all over this thread, Yes.

The church of England changed its rules in 2002 allowing divorcees to remarry in the church. WA has been asked and confirmed the couple can marry there.

Charles was a whole other matter. He was marrying the woman who he was cheating with during his first marriage (grounds to have a priest refuse to marry them) and he is the future head of the church. The queen didn't attend his civil wedding, but she did attend his church blessing by the archbishop of Canterbury.

The future king, as well as two of his siblings are divorced, and he and Anne are remarried. No reason to believe the royal family would not accept her as a divorcee.

Its been discussed all over this thread, Yes.

The church of England changed its rules in 2002 allowing divorcees to remarry in the church. WA has been asked and confirmed the couple can marry there.

Charles was a whole other matter. He was marrying the woman who he was cheating with during his first marriage (grounds to have a priest refuse to marry them) and he is the future head of the church. The queen didn't attend his civil wedding, but she did attend his church blessing by the archbishop of Canterbury.

The future king, as well as two of his siblings are divorced, and he and Anne are remarried. No reason to believe the royal family would not accept her as a divorcee.

And the Queen did attend Ann's remarriage which was in a Scottish church I believe. She got remarried before the 92 rule came into affect. I think the Queen not attending Charles's civil ceremony was very specific to him and his situation. Based on her past actions she's obviously not opposed to attending the marriage of someone who's been divorced, or else she would have skipped Ann's. So basically, no it doesn't matter anymore. I'd say there is nothing stopping the Queen from attending a possible wedding between Meghan and Harry in a church.

Do you think Prince Harry will use the 1902 State Landau in his wedding?

If it's in good shape and not in need of repair/restoration then I believe it could be used. However some of those decisions regarding transportation will be made only when the venue is chosen.

A lot too will depend on security concerns. Sometimes I think any royal riding in an open carriage is too much like a sitting duck. I would love to see them doing it though. Horses and carriages are so much more romantic than cars.

riding in an open carriage is too much like a sitting duck.

Security concerns are VERY well taken care of, since open carriages are so often utilised by the BRF.
Open Landau's are very much the tradition [for the 'return leg' back from Church] so I'd expect one to be used, but as ever that would depend on the Wedding Day Weather !

Every year the Queen and every Senior member of the Royal Family ride down the Mall in an open carriage or horseback and then stands on a open balcony. Security hasn’t stopped them from doing it. They are also surrounded by almost all of the Household Division of the British Army when doing it.

Since no BRF member co-operates and has a winter wedding (with snow and red roses and all) my next best wish is that the spring wedding has a day that rains cats'n'dogs. ;) That will create the 'cozy' I'm looking for. Ha! :D (Evil)

Do you think Prince Harry will use the 1902 State Landau in his wedding?

Depends on where the wedding will be and how big it will be i think. If it will be a big wedding in Westminster Abbey, like the wedding of his brother and Catherine, then It's possible. If they will have a "smaller" wedding in St George's chapel at Windsor Castle like uncle Edward and Sophie i don't think it will be used. Edward and Sophie did travel in a landau through the streets of Windsor to their reception but it was not the 1902 landau.

The Scottish State Coach would be a good option in case of bad weather as it would give a great view of the couple.

This thread is about Harry's future wedding. It's not about when Harry will get engaged, Meghan's schedule, or Harry and Meghan's relationship. Let's stay on topic.

If the Glass Coach is not used, then what coach or carriage or landau might be used to take Meghan to the church?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom