Prince Harry: Future Wedding

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumour of a non traditional wedding is true we’ll probably see quite a few surprises outside of what we’ve come to expect from a wedding in the BRF.

Are you saying that a wedding can not be held at Balmoral because then the public would have to have their weddings there also? I thought the estate was privately owned by the family, HM. It is her private home right, so can't a wedding be held in one's private home with all the public wanting the same. And no I did not see those comments......no argument here, just wanting facts!:ermm:

It was discussed earlier, no you cant simply marry at a private residence. In the UK there are very strict rules about where one can be married. A civil wedding has to be performed some where that is licensed to host weddings. There are other restrictions like not being in transport, not being on a beach (except Scotland) and so on. You can apply to have your home licensed, but that license is good for three years. The license is not specific to the couple, and would mean the home would have to be open to public weddings for 3 years. Its the same issue that Charles faced with marrying at Windsor castle.

If the rumour of a non traditional wedding is true we’ll probably see quite a few surprises outside of what we’ve come to expect from a wedding in the BRF.

The accuracy rating from the rumor mill hasn't been that great.

LaRae

It would be lovely if Harry married in Westminster Abbey too but i think St George's Chapel is more likely for him. He was baptized there (and i belive confirmed too ?) It would also be easier for QEII and Philip as they aren't getting younger and they'll be very close to their private apartment at Windsor Castle during the whole day and can return trough a shielded entrance should they feel that they need to go back immediately. Ofcourse special arrangements can be made for them in London too and they both travel to and return by car from the church but it will be more obvious and eye-catching for everyone if they need to leave Westminster Abbey and travel back immediately trough central London.

Yes Philip had difficulties to enter the Scottish State Coach. The Queen has also struggled to get in and out of the coaches and landau's during recent years. Can't be a very comfortable way of travelling for people in their age.

You bring up excellent points regarding St George's and the needs of the Queen and Philip who are aging and have mobility issues, and other, one assumes. :ermm: Just those considerations alone makes it seem a done-deal for St George's, Windsor.

Are you saying that a wedding can not be held at Balmoral because then the public would have to have their weddings there also? I thought the estate was privately owned by the family, HM. It is her private home right, so can't a wedding be held in one's private home with all the public wanting the same. And no I did not see those comments......no argument here, just wanting facts!:ermm:

In the US yes, in Britain no a wedding cannot be held in a private home-only licensed venues that have to be open to any wedding.
I think the posts got deleted in the recent post purge even though they were on topic covering venues for a future Harry wedding.

Last edited:
O-H Anglophile:
Thank you very much for the information and it surprised me. I missed quite a few pages of the thread, oh well next time it won't be closed again I hope.

I just hope this young couple go with what they want, not want the rest of the world wants for them, after all it is Harry and Meghan that are going to marry, maybe!

Or pull a Zara and marry in Scotland, but using Holyrood instead of Balmoral. And mary at St Mary's Cathedral in Edinburgh, which would be larger then Craithie, but I don't know if large enough.

Baptisms and Weddings | St Mary's Cathedral

You've given me another church to look up! That's one thing I love about all the speculation, finding out about new churches to look up.

You've given me another church to look up! That's one thing I love about all the speculation, finding out about new churches to look up.

Be careful, there is also St Mary (Catholic) cathedral in Edinburgh. :ermm:

I have seen photographs from weddings. Absolutely stunning architectural cathedral. But not sure its as large as St George's which I think is about the size likely needed. Unless they really went family and friends.

Sadly as much as I'd love Scotland, think we will have to settle for Windsor/London.

Be careful, there is also St Mary (Catholic) cathedral in Edinburgh. :ermm:

I have seen photographs from weddings. Absolutely stunning architectural cathedral. But not sure its as large as St George's which I think is about the size likely needed. Unless they really went family and friends.

Sadly as much as I'd love Scotland, think we will have to settle for Windsor/London.

Oh it's so pretty! But yeah, might not be big enough. But man, it really is a pretty church. See, I was all set and settled on St. George's, and now my eyes and imagination are wandering. LOL!

Do you think a Saturday will be selected for the Royal Wedding? Or do you think a Monday through Friday day will be chosen instead? Prince William got married on a Friday.

Do you think a Saturday will be selected for the Royal Wedding? Or do you think a Monday through Friday day will be chosen instead? Prince William got married on a Friday.

Saturday is the most likely. William was a semi state occasion, and as such, his wedding got a bank holiday. Harry wont get a bank holiday for his wedding. Having it on a weekend, or on an already bank holiday, gives the same effect without the cost of an added one.

I am pulling for an Abbey wedding just because it will be the last for at least 20-30 years! But St George's is also very beautiful and romantic too. I am not putting much stock into the "non-traditional" wedding. It is also laughable that the Queen would 1) attend a staff meeting, and 2)tell staff about an engagement that hasn't been formally announced yet Maybe I am wrong, but that doesn't seem likely.

You can now discuss the wedding details in the various threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom