Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
35n8x1w.png

Arms of HRH The Duke of Sussex

Welcome to The Duke of Sussex's
Current Events, Part 29

Commencing July 1, 2017

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Reposting from the other thread the link @eya shared to Getty Images photos of Prince Harry's visit to Australia House in London:

Prince Harry Australia House On June 29, 2017 Pictures and Photos | Getty Images

Prince Harry looks very dapper and elegant. His pants have a more fitted look which suits him very well with his long legs and height. Plus his beard and hair, particularly at the nape of his neck, are much trimmer and neater looking. :)

Curryong said:
Thanks eya and An Ard RI. Woo hoo! He'll never get out again. Have they got the beer ready?

More seriously, though Harry's looking very dapper the self-comforting thing he does with his hand pressing his stomach under his jacket is back. A nervous habit.

I agree the suit's fit and color, along with the tie give Harry a dapper look. Possibly the hand-positioning could be a nervous habit. But since he looks so good and he's used to attending these types of events, I rather think that the hand inside the jacket is just a mannerism which shows his comfort with how well he is looking and feeling. :flowers:

Last edited:
Well now that's something...interesting...

LaRae

Yes, a new experience for Harry, though I'm not so sure he will attend the State Banquet. Perhaps his nephew can teach him some Spanish!

I was thinking it would be cute if they got to meet George and he spoke a few words to them in Spanish!

Has Harry ever attended a State Banquet? Seems like it would be a first...

No he never has, and I didn't expect him to until his father's reign. I still don't think he probably will this time.

Maybe this is part of the changing of the times for the younger generation to take part in more formal events so that they can learn and be more prepared for the future. I for one would love to see the younger generation doing more of these type of events with HM for they are great experiences that will stay with them forever in their duties. So looking forward to the Spanish visit with bells on.

We really don't know the full list of royals who will attend the State Banquet until the day of. Although, Harry could be attending as well.

:previous: I remember reading a comment from an ex Aide de camp or some such that he kept his best dress at work as he was quite frequently called in to fill a space at State and formal banquets. Looks like there are going to be three more full-time workers and not before time.

They are all in their thirties and should have been well practised in basic diplomatic skills years ago, except they decided they didn't want to do it . . . yet. Let's be honest here, William and Catherine could have been highly visible part-time working royals the since he left the military as his EEAA job was never a full-time position. Harry would probably have followed William as it seems he feels his calling is to support his brother.

Let's be honest here, William and Catherine could have been highly visible part-time working royals the since he left the military as his EEAA job was never a full-time position. Harry would probably have followed William as it seems he feels his calling is to support his brother.

Harry's 'calling' is to support The Firm and his grandmother, not his brother. Harry has not had a full time army job in years, he has neither chick nor child and he's single.

He can be as highly visible as he wants. Lots of time on his hands for royal engagements.

Oh of course...the media think they are so cute with their insinuations....

LaRae

Hope Harry and the veterans enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this film coming to cinemas here. Dunkirk has a particular resonance for a whole generation of Britons and hopefully it's a good telling of this story.

Here for Tom and Cillian. Fine men. :sleep:

Dunkirk is said to be a really good movie. Kind of over war movies, but Nolan always provides great cinema.

2 upcoming events on 20th July

Prince Harry will visit Headway, Ipswich, IP3 9FH to launch a new initiative from UK-wide brain injury charity.

Prince Harry will visit RAF Honington, to present a new Colour to the RAF Regiment on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen

Yes, indeed, and an interesting combination of events for Harry on that day.

Harry's been performing a few engagements this week, dinner commemorating 35 years since the Falklands War with the RN, then in Suffolk presenting new colours, in this, the 75th anniversary of the founding of this particular RAF squadron. Meeting some kids, and graduating gunners and being his usual happy self!

Dashing Prince Harry takes part in RAF ceremony | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Thank you, iceflower. Harry does indeed look fine in uniform!

:previous: Very typical.
No matter what, Harry usually ends up interacting with children.
No wonder, he has a great rapport with children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom