Duke of Sussex, Current Events 29: July 2017 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad is not so well hidden now that the media have tracked him down and are basically stalking him.

LaRae

The way the British press behaves really is disgraceful. Can’t they leave the poor man alone?

Someone almost always represents The Queen at the passing out parade. It’s a fairly routine thing. It happens three times a year and she rarely attends in person except when it’s an important occasion like when Prince William graduated.

Last edited:
I was wondering when the grandchildren would start representing her at these parades. Very nice to see Harry will be doing this for the first time.

Someone almost always represents The Queen at the passing out parade. It’s a fairly routine thing. It happens three times a year and she rarely attends in person except when it’s an important occasion like when Prince William graduated.

But is it a first time for Harry?

LaRae

First for Harry. Camilla and Sophie has done it before. The King of Jordan did the last one since his son was graduating. Don’t think the Queen has done it since William graduated. She also did Harry’s earlier that year.

The Queen was also there when Harry graduated. I believe Harry has done this once before.

Hell do a great job representing someone and a place he loves.

As someone that most likely remembers very well just how he felt on the day that he graduated from Sandhurst, he's going to know what those experiencing their own graduation are going to be feeling.

Harry will definitely have a great sense of pride being the Reviewing Officer at this event. After all, he's one of them. ?

Court Circular 6th December:
Prince Henry of Wales this morning received Mr. Robert-Jan van Ogtrop (Chairman, African Parks).

Court Circular 13th December:
Prince Henry of Wales this morning held a Meeting at Kensington Palace with the contact group on Military Mental Health.

Last edited:
HRH Prince Harry Prince inspects the latest Sandhurst cadets

Harry definitely looked very dapper and a true royal representative of HM, The Queen at Sandhurst.

I did notice something though. At first seeing the video that An Ard Ri posted, it appears that Harry's "gongs" are displayed on his right breast. Then starting and watching the video, I notice the "gongs" have magically transferred over to his left breast. All the other men in uniform also have their distinctions (forget what the bars and such are called) over their left breast.

I guess the photo was reversed for presentation.

I don't blame Harry for not showing up in uniform. The last time he showed up in uniform, he got heat because he has a beard. - A man who is no longer in active service...
Perhaps he decided to be in civilian because he wouldn't offend any servicemen? - Something I doubt Harry would ever even consider.

After thinking about it for a while, perhaps he dressed as a civilian because he wasn't there as a veteran but because he was there representing the Queen. That's my guess anyways.

At first seeing the video that An Ard Ri posted, it appears that Harry's "gongs" are displayed on his right breast.

They're in reverse order too, so I think the picture was reversed so his face wouldn't be covered by the title of the video.

Ah the magic of video and photo editing. That's probably what happened. Thanks all for the explanations. :D

This looks interesting. Prince Harry interviewing Barack Obama On 27th December on BBC radio. Posted by Kensington Palace.

I am so excited for this! :wub:

I think it speaks volumes about Harry that the Obama's keep working with him and seem to really respect his work. I can't think of a better endorsement (JMO) LOL.

This is also a great example of why Harry leads the BRF for me (of the younger generation). He gets so into projects and really digs in. He finds way to use his connections (with the Obamas, etc) to make things happen for his causes and passions. A great asset.

Yes I agree. Harry shows great enthusiasm for his projects and engagements that is really marvellous. He was very busy at the time of the IG in Toronto but took time out to record this with ex President Obama. The relationship between the two men has turned into a real friendship, which is good to see.

Looking forward to this book :flowers:

I had an hour with Prince Harry and so there’s quite a bit about him as well.

The competitors genuinely love him. I tried, half-jokingly, to get anyone to say something bad about him – off the record; totally anonymous – and… no. He’s put them on the map; he’s one of them. He’s very natural. Every country, they just think he’s great.

I found him just like that. Very passionate about it and very genuine. He’s got an extraordinary emotional intelligence, I think.

He’d be the first to say he’s not an intellectual, but his ability to read people – in a nice way, not a CIA kind of way! – to put them at their ease and find out what makes them tick, it’s like talking to a mate. It sounds a little bit facile, but that’s exactly what it feels like. He’s a good egg.

Boris Starling who wrote the book Unconquerable: The Invictus Spirit – telling the stories of athletes in the Invictus Games.

I love Harry and Barack's friendship. I look forward to seeing the four of them work together.

Congratulations to Harry on this new appointment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom