Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so too. He's got the perfect opportunity to be exactly who he wants to be and do what he really wants to do. I think in the long run, the passions he's found over the last couple of years will last him a lifetime and he'll find a way to incorporate these passions into his public life as a Prince of the UK. It makes life much more meaningful.

Wonder if he's been bitten by the "Africa-bug"?

If so, he'll keep returning. He simply can't stay away.

I think both William and Harry are enamored of Africa and have been for a while. Harry started with Sentebale in Lesotho and William with Tusk and its been an ongoing love affair ever since.

Wow. I learn something new every day. Perhaps, being American, I took it for granted that recognition of being awarded a medal like the Purple Heart was pretty much a given everywhere to honor those that were wounded or killed in the line of duty. I had no clue that Britain didn't follow suit with a similar medal of their own.

I definitely do not feel that it would be "unBritish" to do this but a much needed show of support and thanks to those that have made significant sacrifices fighting for their country.

Well done Harry!

Wow. I learn something new every day. Perhaps, being American, I took it for granted that recognition of being awarded a medal like the Purple Heart was pretty much a given everywhere to honor those that were wounded or killed in the line of duty. I had no clue that Britain didn't follow suit with a similar medal of their own.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Cross

Its difficult to say if he supports it or not. The story is based on an unnamed 'military source' and Kensington Palace declined to comment.

If he does support it, it would be better to publicly say so. It would give the story more credence.

Harry is heart and soul with the wounded and maimed soldiers of Britain, and indeed the world, as he's proved again and again. I think it's a great initiative, and I prefer to believe that he is indeed supporting this initiative.

The Mirror tabloid is campaigning for it, but it's unclear if the military wants it. It's a good initiative if soldiers want it.

Traditionally, Commonwealth countries don't award medals simply for getting shot or wounded. We don't have it in Canada.

Medals are awarded for acts of gallantry and valour

But if this is indeed something new and the soldiers on the ground are campaigning for it, it's a good initiative.

If Harry does support it, I still think he should say so, rather than issue a 'no comment'

Last edited:
There are many service members with 'invisible' wounds (mental trauma) too..I am guessing Harry may be able to grasp a little of that due to his own experiences.

LaRae

An argument against the equivalent of a Purple Heart for wounded British service personnel.

MAX HASTINGS: Prince Harry's wrong on medals for wounded soldiers | Daily Mail Online

I'm quite conflicted on this. On the one hand I wouldn't want to see medals being handed out willy nilly. It devalues them. On the other hand I do believe that British soldiers (and those in Commonweath countries too) deserve a special award if they are wounded or maimed while on active service.

Being enlisted by Eugenie to help move her things into Ivy Cottage!:p

:lol:

I had initally thought it was the same cottage William & Kate, followed by Harry had moved into (Nottingham??) so yes, Harry would have known his way around!

Got to love a man that loves life with gusto. He certainly seems to be loving every minute of his time in Africa and when he gets involved in a project, he goes in deep and giving it all he's got. It used to be you'd hear of royal men going to Africa on safaris and big game hunting all over the world. With Harry, you get the opposite end of the spectrum with working hard to protect and preserve the natural habitat of animals.

I'm impressed. Really impressed.

:previous: this is fantastic. great job Harry

This is very true, African Aussie. I except Harry, of course! However, in their younger days I think Haakon of Norway and Felipe of Spain would have been up there, and Carl Philip of Sweden is still quite handsome.

I actually find Haakon and Felipe quite good looking now. I am more of age with William and those, but I guess I like my men more mature. Harry definitely has little competition in the younger men. I remember in younger years even Carl Philip used to be a near double for Orlando bloom, where have those days gone :whistling:

Not a lot of competition!! No real "hot" lookers in contention. If it weren't for their titles and privilege they wouldn't really get a second look. :hiding:

So true. Neither of them are all that good looking.

:previous: Yes, maturity does enhance some men's looks. On the other hand something rather drastic seems to have happened in the past six or seven years to CP. Sometimes he looks quite gaunt.

Harry's back in the UK. Hurray! Yesterday he was at an Invictus Games board meeting, and last night he attended a Regimental Sergeant Majors' Conference Dinner at the Royal Military College Sandhurst, according to the CC, Richard Palmer, Gert's Royals Twitter and others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom