Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And we do know the tabs hand pick the bleariest, in this case, squinty pictures. That's the story they want to tell. So in the same way they choose photos that make the person seem unhappy or goofy in other cases, when Harry is exiting the club, they pick the photos that look drunken.
If you compare the amount of flash used for the pics of Natalie and Harry, you understand why she looks relatively steadier. :whistling: That and the fact that while PG she is probably not drinking. ;)

Squinting when facing the flashes head-on is reflex (I would think) to protect the eyes. :huh: Harry is walking straight into the flashes. :sad:

Cute indeed! :lol: In spite of my disappointment at royals not really doing very much to assist British flood victims, expressed on another thread, I'm glad that Harry is at least making some sort of effort to see how things are going in Lancashire. It would have been so good to have seen him and other young and fit royals moving some furniture, making up emergency packs, helping out at centres etc, but that didn't happen so we move on.

:previous: To do that would be discounted as a cynical PR move. When the situation is not totally under control the last thing they need is a Royal or two with their PO's and photographers cluttering up the place and getting underfoot.

Much better to do as Harry has done, wait until things are under control and touch base with both the victims and the volunteers. Being recognised in such situations is important as the victims feel "they" know what is happening and the workers feel just a little extra pride, validation and encouragement.

The children were expecting Prince Harry to wear a suit and tie or a tuxedo. Unfortunately he did not bring his valet.

Poor Harry! He can't win. He turns up and shows he cares but the children aren't satisfied with the effort he's put into his choice of clothing. :lol:

As an aside, I just opened my daily wrap email from The Guardian, and this headline caught my eye: "Prince announces intimate February shows for Australia and New Zealand". My immediate thought was, 'Whoa! What's Harry planning?' When I clicked on the article I realised that wasn't the Prince they were talking about. :blush:

What a shame, as there are so many lovely Aussie and NZ girls who would be delighted to get close to Prince Harry. On the other hand, his singing voice is apparently horrendous! :lol:

Cute indeed! :lol: In spite of my disappointment at royals not really doing very much to assist British flood victims, expressed on another thread, I'm glad that Harry is at least making some sort of effort to see how things are going in Lancashire. It would have been so good to have seen him and other young and fit royals moving some furniture, making up emergency packs, helping out at centres etc, but that didn't happen so we move on.

what do you expect them to do? Charles, Harry and Andrew have visited; Charles has made a financial contribution - what is missing?

Some help in a practical sense. I've seen Harry years ago digging ditches for Sentable buildings in Lesotho, why not help move furniture for flood victims in his home country?

That sort of assistance, whatever the problems involved, stays in people's minds. It builds up credit, if you like, in the bank of mutual respect between royal family and people, so that when a time of deep criticism or disillusionment with the royal family (or family member) comes, it can be countered by "Well, I remember when Prince Harry (or Prince William or Kate or Beatrice) came up here and got their hands dirty when every hand was needed and they did something to help."

Better than visiting army personnel who are helping, in my view, or uttering cliches under an umbrella held by someone else, and akin to financial donations by Prince Charles. People in the flooded areas know that he cares.

I don't expect 67 year old Charles to cart people's personal possessions to safety or peel potatoes to feed the temporary homeless in a shelter, even though he would be capable of it I'm sure. The younger and fitter royals are capable though, and it's a pity they didn't try.

William is flying air ambulance and Harry is working with wounded soldiers.

Bringing royals into a crisis just causes bigger problems and detracts from the work in hand. You certainly don't want them coming into a dangerous situation as that just increases pressure on resources.

I think yr expectations are not practical and UK people appreciate what they do.

I really wish Harry would lose that scruffy beard!
I don't know who looks worse, Harry or James Middleton, but the facial hair does nothing for either of them.

I don't expect 67 year old Charles to cart people's personal possessions to safety or peel potatoes to feed the temporary homeless in a shelter, even though he would be capable of it I'm sure. The younger and fitter royals are capable though, and it's a pity they didn't try.

If my memory is actually working right tonight, I think I read when Charles went up to Birkhall during the flooding, the kitchen at the estate were being made good use of making food for the shelters. Although Charles is a man of many talents, I don't think I've ever heard where cooking is one of them. In his own way, like all the other members of the royal family, they did what they deemed appropriate to the situation.

I really wish Harry would lose that scruffy beard!
I don't know who looks worse, Harry or James Middleton, but the facial hair does nothing for either of them.

Harry's beard isn't half as thick as James Middleton's. It received a good deal of praise early on but now it is looking a bit straggly and I think it's time to see Harry's full face once more!

The royal wore jeans and a blue hoodie when he met soldiers and school children in Lancashire - one of the worst affected areas.

But youngsters from Weeton Primary School in Preston said they expected the prince to have been dressed a bit smarter.
One pupil said:"I thought he'd be wearing a tie andthat."

While 10-year-old Kian Wright said of the prince: "I thought he would be in a tuxedo."

Asked if they were surprised Harry was wearing jeans, they nodded and said: "Yes."

And that wasn't all poor 30-year-old Harry came under fire for - as some of the children said they thought he would be "more handsome".

Out the mouths of babes...

If the children came to visit Harry they would have worn their best clothes. They expected the same from him when he visited them.

Prince Harry meets flood victims - but not everyone is impressed with his attire - ITV News

Harry is very good looking and got on well with the children. He was going to a cold and muddy area in which he may have inspected some flood damage. What was he going to wear, evening clothes? He is pictured having a good laugh with those crowds, including a mother of little twins. He joked with her about her bringing them for him as a treat and which one he was going to take home. It was all good humoured fun, including the remarks of the children.

I can't imagine what people think when the Queen shows up in a mere frock and hat then, as opposed to the Imperial State Crown.

Last edited:
Poor Harry! He can't win. He turns up and shows he cares but the children aren't satisfied with the effort he's put into his choice of clothing. :lol:

As an aside, I just opened my daily wrap email from The Guardian, and this headline caught my eye: "Prince announces intimate February shows for Australia and New Zealand". My immediate thought was, 'Whoa! What's Harry planning?' When I clicked on the article I realised that wasn't the Prince they were talking about. :blush:

Ha ha shows whats uppermost in your thoughts !!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I can't imagine what people think when the Queen shows up in a mere frock and hat then, as opposed to the Imperial State Crown.

The first time I saw the Queen on television (it was at a wedding), I was little and I recall being terribly disappointed that there was no gold crown! :lol:

That is just the way children think.

Video:
Prince Harry visited Weeton Barracks in Lancashire to meet soldiers from 2 LANCS who played a crucial role in the response to the North of England's recent flood crisis-

Home - ITNSource News

Harry's not going to do it, for obvious reasons, but it's a great shame he can't! :lol: Perhaps he can write a letter wishing them well that could be placed on their website? Of course if he ever did participate in such a campaign, Harry could very well be accused of hypocrisy, because of the Windsors' hunting proclivities.

Harry's been spotted. Apparently Harry has been partying in Meribel and is now back in London. Check out Palmer's twitter for details. Harry's last engagement in the CC was Feb 5

Last edited:
He was seen attending a talk at the British Geographical Society on walking in the Himalayan foothills. There were tweets and a photo of him receiving a Rose badge at the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom