Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! He's obviously taking a look at various conservation projects in South Africa before probably returning to Namibia.

Adrenaline pumping, his face alert with excitement and momentary apprehension, Prince Harry reaches out to touch the flanks of a fully grown male lion.

It’s an extraordinary and heartstopping moment, as the fearsome beast – which has been lightly sedated – lies semi-conscious at his feet on a pitch-black night in the African bush.

The Prince is monitoring the animal’s breathing during the vital few minutes needed for vets to carry out tests. Maintaining a commendable calm, he then helps wildlife vets draw blood from the lion for DNA identification, replace a broken GPS collar under its shaggy mane and brand it.
Read more: Harry The Lionheart: Remarkable images of the conservationist Prince, who declares: 'I have to go along with the way my life is. But I want to be here'* | Daily Mail Online

^ What magnificent animals! I'm glad, as was said, that an explanation was provided as others casually looking at these pictures could come to the conclusion that something very different was going on! Great work!

I saw the picture and my heart sank. It looked like he was the one that shot it and this was the trophy picture. I'm glad it's a different story though.

Last edited:
Yes, that's right. Bring up that old photograph from when Harry was about 20 years old, in the guise of a bit of humour.

How old is Harry now, almost 31?

As if his brother, father and grandfather haven't shot animals, and almost certainly posed for pictures beside them! His grandfather and brother are both patron of wildlife preservation Funds and charities, and yet William still shoots, in Britain and in Europe.

Hunting and conservation are not mutually exclusive. Of course William and Philip shoot as do most members of the royal family. The most vocal criticism against William used to come from Harry supporters. Harry was defended over his hunting because he didn't make conservation his 'thing'.

One good thing to come from this trip to Africa is now that conservation is indeed Harry's 'thing', he has inoculated every other member of family against the shooting charge.

Last edited:
I recall him saying to kids in new Zealand that he hunts for food alone to save more animals.

I hope this means we'll see him 'out and about' in the UK soon. :flowers:

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 4h4 hours ago
Prince Harry will attend the Battle of Britain Flypast at Goodwood, West Sussex, on September 15, Kensington Palace says.

An enjoyable activity for the birthday boy, I think. It's good that some engagements are being slotted in already. And Harry will soon be home!

Great! That means he will certainly be back home by the half of the month!

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 1 hr1 hour ago
Prince Harry's full video message can be viewed here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxOOIYsjeRU&feature=youtu.be

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Prince Harry has also issued a video message to highlight England Rugby's All Schools programme, which says....

Prince Harry will also visit an event in support of the All School's Programme in Exeter in October #RugbyWorldCup

Prince Harry will attend the #RugbyWorldCup Official Welcome Party, hosted by the RFU at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 17 September

14th September

Prince Henry of Wales, Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry, this evening attended a dinner for the Battle of Britain Memorial Flypast and Endeavour Fund Spitfire Scholarship at Goodwood House, Chichester, West Sussex.

Source: Court Circular

Hooray, Harry's back! And straight into an engagement as well.

In the video posted just above a few posts, it struck me how very different the two bothers, William and Harry, really are. In the above video, Harry really 'delivers' his message, there's a lot of personality in his relationship with the camera. William not so much. Ah, birth order! :flowers:

Many happy returns Prince Harry, on your 31st birthday, and many more of them!

Looking good too, Harry! Love the beard!

Last edited:
@RE_DailyMail: A new beard and a battle to commemorate, birthday boy #PrinceHarry will take to the sky in #BattleofBritain Fly Past http://t.co/mOratFRaJX

My goodness he reminds me more of the DoE as he ages. Other than his hair color I see nothing of the Spencer in him.

LaRae

There are photos I've seen of Diana's father, Earl Spencer, at the time he was engaged to be married that remind me of Harry. Diana's smile sometimes in her photos reminds me of him too. I agree though, he has the look of the Duke about him and that will become more distinct over the years, I'm sure.

I have noticed that as William has aged he reminds me more of Charles in some ways. He who always looked so much like Diana...it's changing as he matures.

I see mannerisms in both boys that remind me a lot of Charles.

I don't see Earl Spencer in Harry...to me his son looks very much like him though. When Harry was younger he always reminded me of his great uncle, Edward.

LaRae

Videos:
Prince Harry celebrates his 31st birthday today and spent time at Goodwood for the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. .

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Harry was in Goodwood today for the 75th Anniversary of Battle of Britain. He looked around the spitfires ahead of a planned flypast later to commemorate the anniversary of the aerial struggle-
Home - ITNSource News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom