Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When military exchanges take place there is normally going to be some time after the exchange for the personnel concerned to actually pass on the benefits - not happening with Harry as he is leaving the military too soon afterwards.

And this is the crux of the matter, isn't it. Any benefit Harry got from his time with our soldiers would be a benefit to him personally, not the British army. So, totally pointless as a military exchange.

Well I don't know who told who what or what was passed on to who And I'm pretty sure no one on here knows either. Really time to move on IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

And this is the crux of the matter, isn't it. Any benefit Harry got from his time with our soldiers would be a benefit to him personally, not the British army. So, totally pointless as a military exchange.

To be honest, I don't know if I actually read this or I'm imagining I read it somewhere about Harry's trip to Australia was spending some time with the Australian military and their work with their wounded service personnel.

In this regard, if true, I think would not only benefit Harry personally but also give him an awareness first hand of what the programs are like in Australia and use that knowledge in his future work with the wounded. I seem to recall that he will still be very active in this regards but as a civilian.

I have read that $76 000 of the $115,000 was a precaution by Australian authorities, the cost of a plane to standby in case of a medical emergency.

He's in Norfolk today, seeing Charlotte for the first time, then the brothers are playing polo for their charities down in Gloucestershire.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince Harry will attend the unveiling of the Bastion Memorial for Afghanistan vets at the National Arboretum in Staffordshire on June 11.

The Queen has made Prince Harry a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO)

Last edited:
Whoopie! :news: Other honours will come in time, but this is her signal that she approves of his military past and future plans. IMHO.

@RE_DailyMail: Prince Harry was made a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order KCVO by his grandmother the Queen at BP today!

@CourtierUK: Prince Harry’s new bling. Star worn on [his] left, below medals, and insignia worn around neck. http://t.co/05OMcFDzeY

Making him a Knight Commander rather than Grand Cross allows the Queen to promote him at a future date for continuing service.

The RVO ranks behind the Order of the Garter, the Order of the Thistle, the Order of the Bath, The Order of Merit and the Order of St Michael and St George.

Congrats to Prince Harry. Some thought only Charles would be the one that would bestow an honor on Prince Harry, but I knew The Queen would honor Harry sooner.

Wonderful news that I read on my twitter feed! It was about time for Harry to receive polished and prestigious recognitions!

Its a very nice honour for Harry. As he probably won't receive the Garter until his father's reign this is nice. He must be proud.

No sash (riband) though. That comes only with the highest grade. Knight Grand Cross Victorian Order (GCVO)

This is wonderful news and I'm glad that Harry has been recognized by his grandmother for the things he does. :flowers:

Yes, this is good news. Recognition from a fond grandmother that Harry has done well. Congratulations to him.

Interestingly the only adult royals who don't have the RVO are:

Charles, William, Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie and Marie-Christine.

Although in the past the future Kings were given this award in the reigns of parents or grandparents (George V received it from Queen Victoria as did his father) and Edward VIII was given it by his father. He in turn gave it to his mother.

George VI was also given it by his father but he was only the second son so no surprises there. Queen Elizabeth was not given the RVO but because the Sovereign of the Order when she ascended the throne. It seems that she intends for Charles to have the same experience - to only be RVO as Sovereign.

William is, as well as a KG and KT, an ADC to the Queen.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Harry on this very personal honor from his grandmother.

The Duke of Edinburgh isn't a member either.
I've noticed that myself and I have to wonder if this is bestowed upon them because the consort, heir, and adult heir are likely to receive many more honors through their lifetime.

TBH I do believe that the York princesses and Princess Michael might not receive them as they do not perform many royal duties but the Duchess of Cambridge will be receiving honors from the next monarch and foreign HoS in the future.

Philip has the Garter ,Thistle ,Merit and British Empire. 3 out of the four highest.

Charles has the four highest orders. Garter, Thistle , Bath and Merit.

William has the two highest Garter and Thistle.

So it appears the highest ranking royals don't receive the RVO.

The Queen heads the Order though, and it is in her gift. I think Harry will probably get the Garter early in his father's reign.

Philip has the Garter ,Thistle ,Merit and British Empire. 3 out of the four highest.

Charles has the four highest orders. Garter, Thistle , Bath and Merit.

William has the two highest Garter and Thistle.

So it appears the highest ranking royals don't receive the RVO.

So true - the ones who probably provide the most support for HM aren't the ones who are honoured for their personal service to her.

Anne provides a lot of support to her mother, both private and personal, probably more than either of the Queen's grandsons. The Queen is fond of Sophie, who also supports her mother in law, privately and in public life. Both these women are Dame Commanders in the Order.

It makes sense to me that the people who are expected to become monarch down the line would not be granted this honour. They are the monarch's successors and, as part of the continuum that is the monarchy, are, in a metaphysical sense, part of the monarch themselves and you cannot be rewarded for providing personal service to yourself.

Does that make sense to anyone other than myself?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom