Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

That young woman who kissed Harry has done it before! Prince Harry says g'day and goodbye to the people of Australia kiss snog | Royal | News | Daily Express I think he deserves hazard pay. :p He could have chipped a tooth!

I know Harry will be wearing military garb for events in the future. But I will miss him in his BDUs. He's just so manly and cute in them - my idea of a hunky military dude. He has always looked a soldier to me. It makes me a little sad to see him moving on. And we need a silly old woman emoticon for this post! :lol:

He's definitely got something about him does our Harry. I'm not sure there's another royal anywhere that can match him with a crowd - he just has a really special way with 'the man in the street'.

I think it's cool that girl was brave enough to kiss Harry, But at the same time I think it's wrong. His a royal and no matter how down to earth he is you shouldn't forget that. Now every girl is going be trying to land a kiss on him when his greeting people.

I think it's cool that girl was brave enough to kiss Harry, But at the same time I think it's wrong. His a royal and no matter how down to earth he is you shouldn't forget that. Now every girl is going be trying to land a kiss on him when his greeting people.

I tend to agree here - I mean who goes to a complete stranger and kisses them?! Luckily, Harry takes it all in good heart, but imagine if a man tried that sort of thing with Beatrice?!

I had a small hope that while Harry was in Australia, he may have been able to do what Frederik did and meet a nice girl in a bar - but the attention on him will have made that impossible.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the articles, but the girl asked Harry's permission beforehand and he agreed to a kiss on the cheek.

Not sure if it was mentioned in the articles, but the girl asked Harry's permission beforehand and he agreed to a kiss on the cheek.

Yeah the article said Harry gave her permission to kiss his cheek. But she ended up planting him one on the mouth not the cheek.

No one should ever kiss or grab at someone without their permission. It's harassment.

It's a shame this happened.

It's just rude and vulgar. He's a person not an object.

LaRae

She has done this with politicians and before with Harry (that's what the press reported). It's an odd habit. I'm being generous in phrasing it that way.

Last edited:
More photos of Prince Harry's time in Oz are out now

Love the one with the military dog in it's camouflage gear.

I love that picture! The dog looks as if it's thoroughly enjoyed itself! Who wouldn't!

Saturday morning here in Sydney and the newspaper has a double-page spread of Prince Harry on his military counter-terrorism exercise.

(Also video on TV news last night.)

From "fast-roping" out of a helicopter, diving in the Harbour with Navy clearance divers, climbing from the water up onto an "enemy" ship and going about that ship with his gun - all very action packed.

And TV this morning had footage of his meal out with nine Holsworthy mates in Cronulla last night.

No beer, just water, and smoked cod entree, atlantic salmon main with souffle dessert.

Some happy school-age girls got interviewed telling of their interaction with the Prince at the restaurant.

The restaurant was approached yesterday afternoon, but were booked out. Said they changed that when they were told the group was Prince Harry.

And very courteous with good manners for everyone, please and thank you - people interviewed were very impressed with him.

Military matters were the main topic at the table during the meal.

Harry is off to New Zealand this afternoon. TV last night said he was "on his own time" now.

Hopefully he is out on the Harbour or at a beach somewhere - a bit nippy in the shade, but no wind, no cloud, just bright sun and sapphire blue water.

Last edited:
Several posts discussing the never-ending circular discussion of an Australian republic have been removed as they are off-topic to this thread and were turning it into a miniature battlefield. If you wish to discuss the merits of an Australian republic, please find the appropriate thread or do so via PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry is a much braver person than I!
I want to talk about a point in the BBC article - crocodiles are removed from the harbor to prevent them from harm, but sent to a crocodile farm or killed? Surely, there's a better way.

:previous: beautiful images... :whistling: Let's keep ingnoring Harry's haters:ROFLMAO::bang::whistling:

Please do not mistake irritation at being fed bulldust, and being expected to believe it, about the reason for Harry's visit for "hate" for the man. I like Harry a lot and I'm perfectly happy for him to be here having fun and giving pleasure to all the people who turn out to see him, but do not insult me by trying to convince me that this was a serious military "secondment", and do not expect me to be happy to foot the bill for Harry's holiday.

Harry is a much braver person than I!
I want to talk about a point in the BBC article - crocodiles are removed from the harbor to prevent them from harm, but sent to a crocodile farm or killed? Surely, there's a better way.

Once those jaws are secured shut you are fairly safe around them. The muscles that shut the jaws might be powerful, but the ones that open them are weak. By the time Harry was sitting on it, that croc was no danger to him.

Are you sure the article said the crocs were removed from the harbour to prevent fatalities and injuries to them? I think they are removed to prevent them from causing fatalities and injuries to humans. What to do with them once they're captured? They are no longer endangered in the wild so the wild populations don't need to be restocked. They were hunted to near extinction by the early 70s but now the population is healthy. The crocodile population is carefully managed by experts these days. It's not easy to reintroduce a large croc into the wild. You can't just take it out to a random river in the bush and dump it. There are people living on that land.

Last edited:
This tread has just been reopened and we are off topic again. This is about Harry

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

:previous: Yes, it is about Harry. This latest conversation directly arises from the photos and articles JessRulz posted last night about Harry's very recent visit to Darwin.

Please do not mistake irritation at being fed bulldust, and being expected to believe it, about the reason for Harry's visit for "hate" for the man. I like Harry a lot and I'm perfectly happy for him to be here having fun and giving pleasure to all the people who turn out to see him, but do not insult me by trying to convince me that this was a serious military "secondment", and do not expect me to be happy to foot the bill for Harry's holiday.

Um, my post was not aiming at you at all:ohmy::ermm: I don't know what made you suggest that!

Once those jaws are secured shut you are fairly safe around them. The muscles that shut the jaws might be powerful, but the ones that open them are weak. By the time Harry was sitting on it, that croc was no danger to him.

Are you sure the article said the crocs were removed from the harbour to prevent fatalities and injuries to them? I think they are removed to prevent them from causing fatalities and injuries to humans. What to do with them once they're captured? They are no longer endangered in the wild so the wild populations don't need to be restocked. They were hunted to near extinction by the early 70s but now the population is healthy. The crocodile population is carefully managed by experts these days. It's not easy to reintroduce a large croc into the wild. You can't just take it out to a random river in the bush and dump it. There are people living on that land.
I know but still... I'd be scared.
I reread the article. It said there is a lot of boating in the area, and the crocs are removed to prevent fatalities. I took that to mean the crocs not losing limbs or being run over by boats. Could have meant people too.
I see your point, and I respect your opinion. Your'e right- what to do when they are captured? Relocation in the wild or otherwise would be an issue.
However, I have read about croc farms in Terri Irwin's book Steve and Me, and they sound unfathomambly cruel. To just kill them seems a horrible waste. Zoos? Wild animal parks? Reptile sanctuaries?

Last edited:
People eat croc/alligator and use the hides for various things. Nothing being wasted.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom