The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Looks like Harry is in Norway observing Triplex16.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MedairFR/...60384848486401

The largest humanitarian simulation exercise in the world. Wonder whether he's just observing or helping/taking part?
Interesting, does anyone have more information on this event?

Old 09-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently a large group of international emergency response teams of all kinds get together every few years for exercises. The article below, in English, is about Triplex 13 along the Danish/German border. It seems to be something Harry is interested in, perhaps because of his humanitarian work in Africa and helping to build those village houses earlier this year in Nepal.

Exercise: TRIPLEX 2013

Old 09-27-2016, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

thank you!

looks like Harry was there in part to show support as patron to MapAction
https://twitter.com/mapaction/status/780810232356282368

MapAction
"International disaster mapping charity that maps priority needs in a humanitarian emergency so relief aid is targeted to help those in greatest need."

another photo
https://www.instagram.com/p/BK3P2pVgsQU/
Old 09-27-2016, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the info. As well as MapAction Harry might be meeting up with people from Team Rubicon, with whom he helped build a village school in Nepal earlier this year after his tour.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry asks paint expert to colour interior of his home in pink | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-29-2016, 10:59 AM
Aristocracy

they probably made it up
Old 09-29-2016, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

I could not make this up. Farrow and Ball's website lists DEAD SALMON as a color name. Yes please, I want the wall to be that color of fresh salmon when you leave it out too long and it takes on that sickly grey tint?
Farrow and Ball - Search Results for dead salmon Farrow & Ball Inspiration
Old 09-29-2016, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

The interior designer says in the original article that the fashionable shade of pink that this firm is flogging goes with grey so you're probably correct!

That house in Norfolk that Harry is surely going to buy according to the Press will be decorated entirely in dead salmon!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

that name just makes me laugh. The pretense of it and the absurdity. I am laughing again. Seriously, next time I feel down in the dumps, I'm just going to channel Dead Salmon.
And I have figured out that "dead" in regards to color for at least some in the UK - means the color is very muted. But to an American ear, it's hilarious. Laughing again. And off topic, sorry Mods. I'm not worthy, I'm bored and waiting for pics of the kids in Victoria.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I could not make this up. Farrow and Ball's website lists DEAD SALMON as a color name. Yes please, I want the wall to be that color of fresh salmon when you leave it out too long and it takes on that sickly grey tint?
Farrow and Ball - Search Results for dead salmon Farrow & Ball Inspiration
Dead Salmon?!?

It's pinkish.

It's odd. I've experienced it many times. Women (and designers) have about a zillion names for various nuances, while men have only about twenty - and don't need more.
It's a complete mystery to me!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

A bit like the difference between Prince Daniel's and Prince Henrik's fashion sense!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015

Pink and goes with grey??? Could be peignoir which is a greyisch type of pink and one the newest colors.

At it's release they said it's pink for men. Because it's not so sweet... ��

http://eu.farrow-ball.com/peignoir/c...product/100286
Old 09-29-2016, 02:56 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
For some reason I'm thinking of perhaps a dusky rose shade rather than just a plain old pink and that would go nicely with grey.

Then again, I painted my walls based on the name of a color. Its all done in Fuzzy Sheep. Go figure.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-29-2016, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The majority of my interior walls are painted in a shade called Hog's Bristle. (It's a sort of ivory.)
Old 10-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry celebrates the courage of seriously ill children | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-03-2016, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

This man has serious skills with putting children at ease (also women and others ). Perhaps he could set up lessons with Trudeau .

The whiskers persist. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...5519944324.jpg Beyond the fun they add to events like this, I quite like them.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry is so amazing with kids. Melts the heart. The little boy Ollie whose mother said he had no idea who Harry was, simply reacted to his tone and how he interacted with the boy.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When I begin to read a post and I see the words "Harry" and "kids", I know I am going to be seeing some very heartwarming pictures and videos and this last event was no exception. Harry is just a pure natural when it comes to interacting with children.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
This man has serious skills with putting children at ease (also women and others ). Perhaps he could set up lessons with Trudeau .

The whiskers persist. http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...5519944324.jpg Beyond the fun they add to events like this, I quite like them.
Always love pictures from this event. Harry and children is a combination that never fails to melt my heart. Just shows that children don't care who you are. They react to how you interact with them. Harry is a star when it comes to children.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry