Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good that Harry could have a normal night out (by normal I mean to get to sit where he likes) with his friends. I don't know if in London he gets to do the same when he's out.

Richard Palmer said that Charles joked at the Indigenous Australia Exhibition in London that Harry was probably well-acclimatised to Australia by now. 'I suspect my old Harry....will probably be eating Lamingtons, Vegemite sandwiches, iced vo-vos and violet crumble bars --and may even be threatening to buy a pair of 'budgie smugglers'.

As you might suspect most of the things Charles mentions are eatables. However, 'budgie smugglers' are short, silky bathing costumes, the sort Tony Abbott, our PM wears on the beach.

Charles is so fond and proud of Harry. 'My old Harry....'!

why didn't he want to sit in the VIP area did it say

It just said he didnt want a fuss made. he thanked them but sat down at a table in the middle of the restaurant, with his companions.

Richard Palmer said that Charles joked at the Indigenous Australia Exhibition in London that Harry was probably well-acclimatised to Australia by now. 'I suspect my old Harry....will probably be eating Lamingtons, Vegemite sandwiches, iced vo-vos and violet crumble bars --and may even be threatening to buy a pair of 'budgie smugglers'.

As you might suspect most of the things Charles mentions are eatables. However, 'budgie smugglers' are short, silky bathing costumes, the sort Tony Abbott, our PM wears on the beach.

Charles is so fond and proud of Harry. 'My old Harry....'!

He forgot the Tim Tams on that list. An Aussie friend brought them up for us to try when he came up to Toronto in 2003 for a Lord of the Rings convention we attended. Sigh...Those things are soooo amazing. :)

Good on Harry wanting to enjoy an evening out w/his mates w/out any fuss or special treatment, but you know what!?! Even better is he was left alone to just be able to do that by the other people in the Restaurant. As someone else said, how often has that happened to him? Very few times I'll be willing to bet. Glad that Harry was able to have his Evening out and was able to enjoy it in peace.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

We know than prince Harry was at the Gallipoli. Why do you call this "getting out and about"?

That's he's going out with fellow army guys and enjoying himself

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I can't help but think the media is trying to make more of this outing than what is was, Henry out for some dinner with colleagues.

I suppose he had better make sure he is not seen anywhere where there may be a pretty girl about. Really?:ermm:

Prince Harry orders the Queen Victoria Burger at Aussie restaurant | Daily Mail Online

I don't think it was newsworthy because he happened to be out with his army buddies but the fact that he turned down special treatment at the restaurant.

I don't think it was newsworthy because he happened to be out with his army buddies but the fact that he turned down special treatment at the restaurant.

He's out and the press tell us about it
They are doing their job of which I am very grateful

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

This is a different place. A burger bar I think.

Maybe Prince Harry is a bit of a sweet-tooth.

After reports of dessert at "The Stables Bar" on the night out with his military mates, the Prince has been spotted getting an eclair with his coffee at the "Bindoon Bakehaus" eighty kms north of Perth on Friday- now Sunday morning in Oz.

A Banoffee version eclair

His time in the west must be coming to an end - I think he was only due to be there for five days.

Pity he is headed for Sydney while we're under another East Coast Low weather pattern - rain, rain, rain. (But not cold.)

With a night at the footy, and his Queen Victoria burger in Fremantle, he has been seen out and about quite a bit in W.A.

(And they flashed him on the big screen at the football - bringing cheers from the crowd.)

Last edited:
Prince Harry will be doing a "walkabout" engagement in Sydney before he leaves Australia and goes to New Zealand.

Royal reporter Rob Jobson spilled the beans during a live cross to London for the baby princess.

He said he wasn't really supposed to let the public know yet, but he would anyway. :lol:

Well he's military. After being on an American base today for a nice patriotic show, it was a lot of fun, I'll tell you this.. ..Service people care greatly about the way of life they are living. That way of life is also their luxury of living. So, since Prince Harry is in the military I can only conclude his way of life is his most meaningful thing in it and it also relates to his Royal position. Agendas that are not royal, royally philanthropic and not military just seem like they'd be non interesting, not as fun for him. That is really great for him. I can't convey how proud and happy everyone should be about him committing to the military. I understand a lot better after today. The military is a real welcoming thing, easy to warm up to and make a home and a career out of and with it getting as deep in one's heart as it does, I don't expect him to settle for married life any time soon and don't think anyone should expect him to settle down as a groom or boyfriend as long as he's an active enlist. That job and way of life is a love he knows and trusts right now, be proud of him. So he was at a football game, that's nice, there is a lot teamwork in football.

Last edited:
Aussie rules footy (it's not soccer, not rugby) is a fantastic game, and I bet Harry thoroughly enjoyed himself at the Subiaco Oval.

Well he's military. After being on an American base today for a nice patriotic show, it was a lot of fun, I'll tell you this.. ..Service people care greatly about the way of life they are living. That way of life is also their luxury of living. So, since Prince Harry is in the military I can only conclude his way of life is his most meaningful thing in it and it also relates to his Royal position. Agendas that are not royal, royally philanthropic and not military just seem like they'd be non interesting, not as fun for him. That is really great for him. I can't convey how proud and happy everyone should be about him committing to the military. I understand a lot better after today. The military is a real welcoming thing, easy to warm up to and make a home and a career out of and with it getting as deep in one's heart as it does, I don't expect him to settle for married life any time soon and don't think anyone should expect him to settle down as a groom or boyfriend as long as he's an active enlist. That job and way of life is a love he knows and trusts right now, be proud of him. So he was at a football game, that's nice, there is a lot teamwork in football.

He is leaving the military next month.

Prince Harry really enjoys the sweet things.

The desert first mentioned upthread was actually a two-person platter - and the Prince had it all to himself.

Last night - Sunday night here in Oz - was Prince Harry's last night in W.A. and he was spotted out again, eating.

For a run-down of the Prince's public eating there is a detailed article - with photos - by Candice Barnes online under the heading "Fancy pub grub concludes Prince Harry's right royal feast in Perth".

(Sorry can't link from my tablet.)

And all Aussies will be pleased to know the Prince did the Australian thing and had the beetroot in his hamburger. That's the way to do it down here.

Last edited:
Prrince Harry is currently in the air - finished with Perth, now for Sydney.

(Monday 4th 6.00pm here - but a time difference between the east and west coasts of Australia.)

Busy tweeter - and Royal photographer - "Rookie(@royalfocus1)" has a video if you're interested.

Last edited:
On the flight from Perth to Sydney, the pilot of Prince Harry's plane diverted to Uluru/Ayers Rock and did a series of low-altitude loops over it and Kata Tjuta/The Olgas.

The Prince arrived at the Richmond Air-Force Base at 8.00pm local time last night.

(Now almost 7.30am Tuesday morning here in Sydney.)

P.S. Rain's gone - good weather expected for the time Prince Harry is here.

Last edited:
I hope that Harry enjoys his time in Sydney. He is certainly seeing a lot of our beautiful country and hopefully will have some great memories to take back home.

Prince Harry took a flight over Sydney Harbour in a Black Hawk helicopter just before lunch today.

(I snapped a few photos from my balcony - but the professional ones will be online somewhere soon.)

Pork roll with extra chilli for brekkie from the Wattle Bakers in Wattle Grove - a favourite with the close by military personnel.

All the ladies behind the counter laughing on TV tonight about it.

The Prince is stationed at Holsworthy Barracks for the rest of his week here in Sydney.

Last edited:
My husband is military (and not famous)...but yes folks they do sometimes like to stop and eat at the local places when traveling or stationed in a different location.

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is that he stopped for a 5.00 food item...doesn't really matter where he is or what his purpose is (military/personal/event for the BRF), he's gotta eat.

LaRae

Disgusting! This secondment looks like an exclusive fun fare holiday for Henry paid by the Australian tax payer. Fuming!!:angry::angry:

Prince Harry orders $5 pork roll with just a little bit of chilli* | Daily Mail Online

Maybe its just me but I would think if it was the Australian tax payer funding this "holiday" for Harry, seeing as all the publicity it is getting as Harry goes from place to place with his military chums, I would think it would work wonders for Australian recruitment into the armed forces. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom