The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2016, 06:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Fun article from People magazine on 32 reasons to love Harry!

Prince Harry Birthday: Reasons to Love Prince Harry : People.com

Harry has engagements in Aberdeen on the 20th of this month, so he's probably also going to stay at Balmoral for a few days to see his grandparents around that time.

Old 09-16-2016, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry With Kids Photos : People.com

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/world-...big-year.html?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post

Harry has engagements in Aberdeen on the 20th of this month, so he's probably also going to stay at Balmoral for a few days to see his grandparents around that time.
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...isit-aberdeen/
Old 09-19-2016, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry celebrates birthday with Princess Eugenie as it's expected she'll 'announce engagement soon' - Mirror Online
Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm sure Eugenie's engagement is quite imminent. That is, if you define imminent as being in the next 20 years or so.

I'll believe it when an official announcement is made.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry visits Princess Diana mentoring scheme in Aberdeen | Daily Mail Online
Old 09-20-2016, 09:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry having a lot of fun with the kids, doing some listening and trying to help as much as he can. He's terrific at this, shows such energy and enthusiasm.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice day of engagements and nice to read about who he considers his mentor

"Sitting in a circle with mentors and trainees, he said his Colour Sergeant from his 2005 entry to Sandhurst military academy was his mentor and credited him with giving him 'confidence to look forward'. He said: 'I was at a stage in my life when I was probably lacking a bit in guidance. I lost my mum when I was very young and suddenly I was surrounded by a huge number of men in the army 'He was someone who teased me at the right moments and gave me the confidence to look forward, to actually have that confidence in yourself to know who you are and to push forward and try to help others.'"

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...a8WBdAMrql.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...PXAf0D_vtl.jpg
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...zGsrC_he0l.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/P...m_vEzkiusl.jpg
Old 09-20-2016, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Harry visits Mackie Academy in Aberdeenshire-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-20-2016, 05:52 PM
Royal Highness

Oh Harry. He really knows how to interact with people

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-20-2016, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

As usual, Harry by not mentioning his father, attacks his father.

His mother had been dead for nearly a decade by the time he entered the army. Are we to truly believe he was given no guidance by his father. That is certainly what he implies all the time.
Old 09-20-2016, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Right now, I think a lot of Harry's coming out and talking about his mother and the way her death affected him such that he found it difficult to speak about it is part and parcel of what he's trying to do to help others realize its not good to keep things in. Of course he does miss his mother dearly but he knows that his father is as far away as the touch of the "call" button on his phone.

It would be much different if both parents were deceased and he talked about one and not the other.

Just my thoughts on it.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-20-2016, 07:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

His mother had been dead for nearly a decade by the time he entered the army. Are we to truly believe he was given no guidance by his father. That is certainly what he implies all the time.
Im sure Charles tried to help, but Harry probably found it hard to talk about his feelings at home. I don't think he or William got any therapy after their mothers passing.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Another thought that's run on my hamster wheel is that its quite normal that parents are the ones that are always around to give advice, guide, chastise and be a support system and taken very much for granted. Diana probably stands out more because she died when Harry was quite young and her influence was a way to keep her close to him. With finding a mentor at Sandhurst, it was a situation that evolved out of an unlikely and unexpected source for Harry.

I'd be willing to bet my last bowl of glazed sweet potatoes that insulting or seeming to disregard his father was the last thing on Harry's mind.
― John Lennon
Old 09-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

Well, I have a different thought about this given personal experience. I learned a lot from both parents, but my dad was never much help on working through things/challenges. He was a motivator, example, source of information, etc. but he just had no skill at steering/listening/shoulder to vent upon. My mom excelled at that. And frankly, I think the roles I ascribe to him may have a lot to do with my emotional preference for my Mom - just to be fair.
So when I tell stories about my Mom, it does not mean my Dad was not there for me. Likewise, when I tell stories about my Dad, it does not mean my Mom was no help. They just did different things to help me.
And I also think Harry has social permission to speak about Mom - to remember her. But speaking about Dad may be something Dad or the rest of the family does not favor (as Dad is the heir). Else-wise, speaking about Dad just invites conversation/conjecture that I am quite sure the family would rather keep within boundaries.
I've never interpreted anyone's comments about Di to mean that they are attacking Charles. Well, not since the 90s.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:40 AM
Royal Highness

Oh dear wish we didn't pick everything Harry or Will say about their mother. The thoughts they have belong to them doesn't matter what anyone wants them to say. Mothers parent different to fathers so they missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 09-21-2016, 06:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry has fun with a few dance moves in Aberdeen to an admiring audience of schoolgirls! Photos of him dancing in other locations too.

Prince Harry Does the Dab with Group of Girls in Scotland : People.com
Old 09-27-2016, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Looks like Harry is in Norway observing Triplex16.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MedairFR/...60384848486401

The largest humanitarian simulation exercise in the world. Wonder whether he's just observing or helping/taking part?
Old 09-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if he is in a official capacity or not...
Old 09-27-2016, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Will be an official act?

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry