The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Oh I'd vote him number 1 love. My local radio station had a poll on who would be just a really great person when you meet them Harry come out on top.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 09-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes down to Harry and Carl Philip, I think we're looking at two different kinds of attractiveness. By appearances, Carl Philip is definitely very cosmopolitan and a sharp dresser and the epitome of a proper gentleman. With Harry you get pure masculinity, outdoor ruggedness and exuberance to the max.

Harry comes out on top though, with me, when it comes to personality shining through what we see of him.

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles's irritation at Harry continuing to smoke.

Adam Helliker: Prince Harry infuriates Charles with his 'filthy' smoking | Adam Helliker | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express
Old 09-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I quite agree with Dad but as a cancer survivor, my objection relates to health issues.
Interesting though that this leak work to broadcast for the Duchess having conquered her smoking demon.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:59 AM
Majesty

At the least, I would hope that Harry would switch over to electronic cigarettes. All the nicotine one wants without the gazillion chemicals that lead to heart disease and cancer.

Quitting smoking really is quite easy according to Mark Twain. He's been quoted as saying just that because he did it twice a day. Although far outweighed by the negative effects of smoking tobacco, there are health benefits.

5 Health Benefits of Smoking
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 09-13-2016, 09:16 AM
Aristocracy

I think if he wants to stop smoking then he'll have to quit drinking too.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Majesty

Umm, why? I am assuming you are referring to alcohol. If one is out to dinner one can eat, drink and smoke. At a party, they eat, drink and smoke. Dinner at a friends place, they eat, drink and smoke (albeit outside on the patio). To call for him to give up drinking is a bit on the nose. Those who no longer smoke seldom no longer drink as the one has nothing to do with the other.

Or perhaps I am totally off base on this and you find drinking alcohol as abhorrent as smoking cigarettes.
Old 09-13-2016, 10:03 AM
Majesty

Actually, as a person that has switched over from tobacco cigarettes to electronic cigarettes, I can attest to the fact that certain things that smokers do are automatic triggers for lighting up a cig. First cup of coffee, sit down on the telephone, after dinner smoke. The list is endless. Drinking alcohol is definitely a trigger for smokers.

I don't think that Harry is a really at risk though with his smoking and drinking and whatever. He seems to be more of a social user more than having a cig hanging out of his mouth every five minutes or so.
― John Lennon
Old 09-13-2016, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy

^ I think it'll take quitting drinking to quit smoking. the only time he's been seen smoking, was going out to a pub. drinking is definitely a trigger for him.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:08 AM
Royal Highness

He's nearly 32 years old. I think he can make the decision of quitting smoking and/or drinking by himself just fine.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Majesty

That is a given Empress Merel. If Harry decides to quit for any other reason than for himself, the chances of it being successful is slim to none.
― John Lennon
Old 09-14-2016, 02:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry turns 32

https://www.google.gr/url?sa=t&rct=j...YNyo4NtRQAbGCA

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/...tos-gallery/1/

http://us.hellomagazine.com/royalty/...oker-photos/1/
Old 09-14-2016, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

The link doesn't work. Nevertheless, Harry's back in Britain and no doubt planning his birthday celebration for the fifteenth. Hope he has a wonderful time.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:15 AM
Courtier

I wonder who will be in attendance.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Aristocracy

^ safe to say his cousins and close friends. where is he going to celebrate is a mystery
Old 09-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry prepares to celebrate his 32nd birthday | Daily Mail Online

And I happy birthday to you, Harry! It doesn't seem that long since we saw you as a toddler, trying to play the piano!
Old 09-14-2016, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry makes secret visit to hospital Diana used to visit
Old 09-14-2016, 04:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Actually, as a person that has switched over from tobacco cigarettes to electronic cigarettes, I can attest to the fact that certain things that smokers do are automatic triggers for lighting up a cig. First cup of coffee, sit down on the telephone, after dinner smoke. The list is endless. Drinking alcohol is definitely a trigger for smokers.

I don't think that Harry is a really at risk though with his smoking and drinking and whatever. He seems to be more of a social user more than having a cig hanging out of his mouth every five minutes or so.
I disagree. A different article posted on another thread ("Royals who smoke" or something like that) claimed that Harry actually smokes a pack a day, which qualifies as "heavy smoking" in my opinion. He's also been smoking since he was 15.

That other article also quoted a "friend" who claimed Harry hadn't quit yet because he didn't really want to. The article also mentioned a story about Camilla wanting to take Harry to see an Indian guru who allegedly helped her quit.

PS: After writing this message, I realized that the article Curryong linked appears to be the same I mentioned above.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Majesty

I have to admit that I didn't read the article. If Harry does smoke a pack a day, that is a pretty serious addiction to nicotine or will soon become an addiction to nicotine. I've read reports where its been stating that overcoming the addiction to nicotine is far worse than overcoming an addiction to heroin.

The most important factor that remains is that Harry, himself, personally has to want to quit in order for it to actually work. I know with me, the electronic cigarette is a replacement (and comes in some really, really nice flavors such as Irish Creme) but should I want to wean myself off of nicotine, I can gradually do that by lowering the nicotine content in the cartridges over time.
― John Lennon
Old 09-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Aristocracy

how much of those articles have truth in it? a pack a day would mean there would be several photos of him out and about smoking right now. he's only been photographed smoking a year ago. I'm not saying that only photos can be proof, because he could still be smoking more than we know behind closed doors. but the whole camilla is trying to help him with quit smoking or helping him find a decent lady articles , are questionable. a pack a day rumor sounds exactly like the binge drinking rumors today.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry