The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2016, 09:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Durban - It’s official. Prince Harry loves KwaZulu-Natal. The British royal was confirmed to be in the province again on Saturday as a guest of honour at his cousin George McCorquodale’s wedding to his Ladysmith love, Bianca Moore.

The wedding took place at the exclusive Netherwood farm in the Midlands. McCorquodale’s parents are Neil and Lady Sarah McCorquodale (nee Spencer), Princess Diana’s eldest sister.
Read more: Prince Harry in KZN for a family wedding | IOL

Old 08-07-2016, 09:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Harry isn't the first royal to have his words or actions twisted. Every time a senior royal opens their mouth, people, depending on the agenda, will pick the words apart for days.

Harry only needs to look to his father, brother and sister in law.
Actually Prince Philip springs to mind much more and I don't think he has suffered too much in the popularity stakes over that down through the years!!

Old 08-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry had a good time at his cousins wedding. The Sun have an exclusive.

Quote:
PRINCE Harry partied at his cousin’s wedding by stripping one of his pals naked.

He enjoyed a two-day bender as George McCorquodale, Princess Diana’s nephew, tied the knot.

A friend said: “On the Friday night everyone was having a great time.

“Harry can drink – he drinks a lot. He was p***ed big time and smoking a lot of cigarettes.

“At one stage he and friends pinned down a younger cousin and stripped him naked. Everyone was laughing, having a good time.
Read more: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/157600...ratory-bender/
Old 08-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Tuesday, August 9
Prince Harry and British High Commissioner Michael Nevin were received by President of Malawi

" Prince Harry has been in Malawi working with a charity African Parks in its translocation of over 1,800 wildlife stocks from Malawis Liwonde National Park and Majete Wildlilfe Reserve to Nkhotakota Wildlife Reserve. Among the translocation are 500 Elephants. The Prince, is a passionate wildlife conservationist.
On 9th July, 2016, President Professor Arthur Peter Mutharika- who has taken lead and personal initiative to protect elephants and wildlife at large, received in audience the Prince at Kamuzu Palace."
https://www.facebook.com/malawihighc...56496411191047
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...eb&oe=584F0301
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...3b&oe=585DFDFC
https://scontent.fsan1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...9a&oe=5857D906
https://www.facebook.com/APMutharika...60695860621622
Old 08-11-2016, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Excellent to see these photos from July. Harry as usual seems interested and in good spirits. I hope he's thoroughly enjoying his work in Africa with the transferring of the elephants.

The Sun newspaper and other tabs have a vested interest in perpetuating the story that Harry is 'the party prince'. Every time he's attended a wedding or birthday party since his late teens they've reprinted same old same old, but Harry as a person is much more than that!
Old 08-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The Sun newspaper and other tabs have a vested interest in perpetuating the that Harry is 'the party prince'. Every time he's attended a wedding or birthday party since his late teens they've reprinted same old same old, but Harry as a person is much more than that!
Quite agree!

His committment to his causes can't be questioned! He throws everything into them - like the saying goes works hard plays hard!

I imagine as weddings go it was great craic and none the less of that with Harry in attendance!
Old 08-12-2016, 07:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The tabloids have an interest in perpetuating whatever they think will sell newspapers or garner clicks.

Narrative and truth are two different things, but that doesn't stop people from posting tabloid articles.

TRF threads are full of tabloid rubbish, some of it people will agree with and some of it people won't agree with, depending on the royal getting the treatment.
Old 08-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Serene Highness

I know Prince Harry works with the wounded warriors project and I'm wondering if he would be interested in coming to Hawaii for the events that are held here? Anyone know where to write to him or email him?
Old 08-20-2016, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
I know Prince Harry works with the wounded warriors project and I'm wondering if he would be interested in coming to Hawaii for the events that are held here? Anyone know where to write to him or email him?
You have to contact him through the address at the POW-Will-Kate-Harry webpage.
Contact Us
Old 08-20-2016, 09:16 PM
Heir Apparent

The Daily Fail have an article on Harry and his work this summer, including a helicopter surveillance over the elephants.

Prince Harry co-pilots helicopter over Liwonde National Park to thwart elephant poachers | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-20-2016, 09:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I love this...

Although it’s as low-key as possible, no risks are being taken with the young Royal’s safety. His makeshift camp has a state-of-the-art communications system, along with 24-hour armed personnel and Harry’s Royal protection officer in a tent next to his. A small motorboat is on standby in case he needs to make a speedy exit.

Just one of the lads lol

Old 08-20-2016, 09:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would think that with the necessary protection and safety measures that need to be in place just because of who Harry is, all of the "lads" feel just a little bit safer themselves having them around. I just really hope that Harry's PPO enjoys camping and tents.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-20-2016, 10:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, perhaps the PPO is an ex Scout, who enjoys baked beans for breakfast over an open camp fire. Rather him than me. I loathe tents and camping!
Old 08-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Majesty

I have to agree, my idea of 'roughing it' is having to use an extension cord on my hairdryer!

However, I am sure that there a plenty of adventurists among the PPO's and maybe they even had to draw lots to see who got to have a big African adventure.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I hate camping but for Africa I'd put up with tents

Men tend to be a bit more up for roughing it. And the PPO's likely had a few who had no issue with tents. Paid to camp in Africa likely not a hard sell.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:39 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I used to really love to camp when I was younger and it had to be tents, campfires and no "amenities" of home. Now that I'm older, I just moved into the woods instead of just going there on a camping trip.

I think Harry pretty much enjoys the simple things in life and is more a roughing it out under the stars than four star hotels.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-21-2016, 12:52 PM
Majesty

Check out Prince Harry's cheeky birthday message to Usain Bolt
Old 08-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Usain has a wonderful sense of humour and I bet he appreciated the message. Good on you, Harry!
Old 08-21-2016, 07:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Usain is a great guy, I loved watching him encourage de Grasse. I am sure he got quite the smile when he saw Harry's message.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:11 AM
Courtier

So, what's next for Henry?

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry