The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2016, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not sure why Harry is cutting down his volunteering duties.

Perhaps getting ready to shift into something more specific...

LaRae

Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry discusses Brexit and the Queen's outfits at the Mall party.

‘Prince Harry told me he’s undecided on EU referendum’ - Belfast Newsletter

Old 06-14-2016, 09:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Kind of laugh that it was Harry who brought up his gran's clothes Not the kind of talk expect from a bachelor in his thirties. But probably his way of trying to come up with an easy subject to deflect from politics.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:06 AM
Majesty

I've heard that very public figures who have a positive image often experience that some members of the public address them in an very familiar way and take up topics that are pretty off-topic so to speak.
Not because they are rude or disrespectful but more because some people feel they know, in this case Harry, so well having followed him perhaps all his life and also because they feel comfortable with him.
In a way such episodes can perhaps be seen as a compliment.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, I'm sure that's so, Muhler. I have heard long lived very much loved British celebrities telling tales of members of the public coming up to them and treating them as old friends, talking about their families and the celeb's family as if they were neighbours, the result, I suppose of seeing familiar faces on your living room TV year after year.

It's a good job Harry didn't let the cat out of the bag ref Brexit, though I think I can guess how he would vote. It does make me wonder whether some members of the BRF, feeling quite strongly about this issue, might apply for a postal or absentee ballot paper and do it that way.
Old 06-15-2016, 03:49 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It's a good job Harry didn't let the cat out of the bag ref Brexit, though I think I can guess how he would vote. It does make me wonder whether some members of the BRF, feeling quite strongly about this issue, might apply for a postal or absentee ballot paper and do it that way.
For all we know, they just might be doing that. Its only the Queen that has to abstain from voting. We'd never hear about it because like just about everywhere else, an individual's vote is their own and a personal and private matter.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry sends a letter of condolence to Orlando.

Prince Harry Pens Note to Orlando Mayor After Massacre - Us Weekly
Old 06-16-2016, 03:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm glad he's done this. A note is much more personal an expression of sympathy and condolence. It's good that the Orlando authorities released it.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:13 AM
Majesty

That's a nice touch.
Old 06-18-2016, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry helps Zara out and has some fun with Mia.

Prince Harry takes control as cheeky Mia Tindall gives mum Zara Phillips the run around - Mirror Online

http://www.people.com/people/package...013683,00.html

Harry must still have a bad back. Just watching at the polo lately (and playing with Mia)!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

It also could be that he wasn't scheduled to play. All the charities benefiting where William's. When they both played it was a mixture of both brother's charities.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Heir Apparent

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClaeTcxWQAMqzxc.jpg

A portrait of Harry. Obviously going for the spirit and soul rather than any recognisable features! He also seems to have used up his available tubes of orange/red paint!
Old 06-21-2016, 10:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
It also could be that he wasn't scheduled to play. All the charities benefiting where William's. When they both played it was a mixture of both brother's charities.

It was a mix though. According to the website for the event

Quote:
Saturday showcases classic fast-paced polo, with two exciting matches starting at 2.30pm. The Maserati Charity Polo Trophy is a four chukka match with Maserati and Piaget sponsored teams. This charity match is a valuable fundraiser for three important charities: England & Wales Mountain Rescue and the Welsh Rugby Charitable Trust whose patron is The Duke of Cambridge; plus The Household Cavalry Foundation whose patron is Prince Harry.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClaeTcxWQAMqzxc.jpg

A portrait of Harry. Obviously going for the spirit and soul rather than any recognisable features! He also seems to have used up his available tubes of orange/red paint!
I really like it.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry was involved in a community rugby match for a community event organized by the RFU. Harry is the vice patron of both the RFU and its injured players foundation.

Prince Harry gets stuck into a community rugby match | Daily Mail Online

He only played for a bit of the game but cheered from the side. Seems his back issues came into play.

Quote:
Harry is suffering from his own aches and pains at the moment. Henderson explained: 'He said he's got a little bit of a bad back. But I know he's got some skills. He said well done and was really impressed. He said he knew it was possible with a football but he didn't know it was possible with a rugby ball.'
May be even more a sign why he didn't play in the polo, if back is acting up.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
I really like it.
I like it too. The reds and the oranges kind of epitomizes Harry's energy and passion towards life.
When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down happy. They told me I didnt understand the assignment, and I told them they didnt understand life.
― John Lennon
Old 06-22-2016, 07:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It was a mix though. According to the website for the event

I can't find anything on the Household Cavalry Website saying Harry is Patron nor it is listed on the patronage search on the Royal website. Both brothers were in the Household Calvary as Blues & Royals so are probably members of the foundation. It's pretty bad that Harry is breaking down physically at such a young age. Imagine what Mike Tindal has to be feeling after years of rugby pounding.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry glances at the reduced ready meals at West London supermarket | Daily Mail Online
Old 06-27-2016, 03:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't usually have a view on these matters but those pictures are clearly intrusive. Harry knows they are being taken and is not happy. Whoever was taking the snaps should have stopped imo.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:51 AM
Majesty

I agree and he should have just been left alone to do what millions and millions of other people around the world do everyday.

I do have to admit though to having a chuckle that Harry likes Kellogg's Corn Flakes with bananas. Its the perfect breakfast. He's also wise in buying bananas that aren't quite ripe yet as they tend to last longer once you get them home. He's wise when it comes to food shopping.

Dagnabit. Now I want corn flakes and bananas and have neither in the house and its approaching 3 AM here and the grocery store that's open all night is a good 25 minute drive from here.

― John Lennon

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry