The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-27-2016, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Harry does look like Phillip but my memories of Diana were of the moody type. She always looked liked she'd just been in an argument or something. Prince Andrew is an extrovert so it does run in the Windsor side. Charles used to refer to Andrew as his film star brother

This takes the cake. Diana photos show her happy and smiling and her head thrown back laughing out loud are what I remember the most to say otherwise is just crazy

And off topic
Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-28-2016, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think you can tell another poster it is crazy how they remember something. We all have different memories, different images we remember. Different images that stick in our mind about her. For Rudolph, the unhappy ones seem to have stuck. That doesn't mean there weren't hundreds of happy smiling ones, it just means the one that have the most impact on Rudolph personally are the sad ones.

For me by the time I even knew what royals really were, Diana and Charles were separated. My nana would tell me stories of the royals, but I didn't grow up watching royal footage (I was a few months old during their wedding). For me I picture the interview she gave about Charles. And a lot of the post separation and divorce photos. And the funeral, with the card on the coffin.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:14 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Let's get back on topic. This thread is not about Diana or Andrew.

I've moved posts discussing Harry and William's Star Wars film set visit and their dinner with the POTUS. If you wish to discuss either of these engagements, you can do so in the British Royal Family Current Events thread.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

It's a real pleasure to see Harry mingling with these sports stars and others. He's full of life and enthusiasm. Natalie looks as if she's ready to give birth right now!
Old 04-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Natalie is due in June with her second baby. Might not be a jump to think 'early' June from that bump

Harry really shines at these events. He is so happy and engaged.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry says virtually the same things in every interview. He'd love to have children, he hopes his mother would be proud of him and he wants to be the 'fun' uncle to George and Charlotte.

Not exactly breaking news. Is it they won't interview him unless he name drops his niece and nephew or talks about his mother?
Old 05-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

James Middleton even dropped the fun uncle line in his Good Morning America interview. Maybe William and Kate should buy him and Harry some T shirts with Fun Uncle on them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Harry says virtually the same things in every interview. He'd love to have children, he hopes his mother would be proud of him and he wants to be the 'fun' uncle to George and Charlotte.

Not exactly breaking news. Is it they won't interview him unless he name drops his niece and nephew or talks about his mother?
I hardly think Harry goes around begging for interviews! He also talks about the charity or cause he is involved in at the time. He speaks movingly in interviews about the Invictus Games and the competitors and about his experiences of war and the 'flashbacks' of those times that he himself has experienced.

Harry's work with returned service personnel has made him well known and popular in the US and he's extremely popular in Britain because of his efforts.
Old 05-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

This is not a speech Harry is giving. He is answering questions in an interview. It speaks more to the interviewer than Harry. Reality is Harry is the 'hot eligible bachelor prince'. People are wondering if he is dating, if he is going to marry and have kids. People magazine, the interview these sound bites are from, is a gossip magazine. That is the kind of thing they will ask about. Harry sounds like any 30 something year old man sick of being hounded about when he will settle down. Gives easy answers, 'yes I want kids, happy as Uncle for now'. Same goes for Diana, we see her brought up to both her sons in interviews constantly. Is he supposed to refuse to talk about her? What other answer do we expect about a mother dead almost 19 years?

Harry speaks passionately about the military and his involvement with Invictus and walking with the wounded. Its sad that some magazines/papers are just more interested in if he is taken.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:13 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry: I don't have that many memories of my mother Princess Diana

Quote:
“I don’t have that many memories of my childhood with my Mum. I don’t say ‘Right, I’m going to get involved in that because that’s what my Mum would want me to do’, though inevitably once I’m doing it I think ‘Do you know what? She’d probably love this.”
Old 05-07-2016, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Some reflections from the Daily Beast on the new mature Harry of today. It speaks also about Harry's mourning after Diana died. Didn't know which thread to place it in. Sorry!!

Prince Harry Makes Peace With Princess Diana’s Ghost - The Daily Beast
Old 05-07-2016, 08:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Now however, sources say that Harry has cut back on the booze and is drinking significantly less, as he faces up to the responsibilities of his position.

That doesn’t mean sobriety - but it does mean cutting out the all-nighters.
Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober?

If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober?

If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.
Oh, for heavens sake! Harry wasnt and isn't an alcoholic.

Many, many people in their 20's in the UK drink and go to clubs and pubs at weekends and that's what Harry, and his friends were doing, (his circle of friends of his age also clubbed, so they'd be hardly sitting there drinking cups of tea and wringing their hands about Harry.)
Old 05-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Aristocracy

So true! I wish everyone would stop relating everything he does back to his mother. He does this because he has been raised to prioritize charity (for obvious reasons) and it melds with what he loves: the army. I swear, some people must think the man must wake up in the morning and ask himself, "What color shirt would my mom have liked best?" He adores and misses his mother, but he's also had other influences in his life and is his own man. I wish these interviewers would ask more poignant questions about his career and not make everything about his choosing a princess or reverting back to Diana.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The Sunday Times has an exclusive interview with Harry. The article is not online yet, but here's a photo from it.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...88809049194497
Old 05-07-2016, 09:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
The Sunday Times has an exclusive interview with Harry. The article is not online yet, but here's a photo from it.

https://twitter.com/RoyaNikkhah/stat...88809049194497
I see Harry will be very frank in this interview.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 05-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess it's behind a paywall, so it might be some time before it gets online. Looking forward to it though!
Old 05-08-2016, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober? If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.
It would explain a lot, if so. A lot of growing up needed. One could see that.

I'm thinking that his little family, when he finally starts it up, will be the 'next generation' almost, if he waits long enough. A bit like Prince Edward.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry