The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-25-2016, 09:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Which brings up something I've been pondering...

We all know the Duke of Kent's health is not good. What if Harry ends up taking over his role w/The Commonwealth War Graves Commission? It would be a perfect fit both for them and for Harry.

Just putting it out there. :)

Forgot this....I think the reason Harry was at the ANZAC Commemorations had more to do w/he was at and took part in the 100th Anniversary events and Service at Gallipoli last year than anything else. If Charles was able to take part, I'm sure he would have, as he also took part in those Services last year. He wasn't, so Harry was sent. Simple as that IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

William was supposed to go to Turkey too last year but had to stay in London and go to the service with his grandparents because its was so close to Kate due date for Charlotte.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 04-25-2016, 09:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I have no issue with Harry attending this event but was simply pointing out that the Duke of Kent (who served in the army for over 20 years himself, as did his brother Michael) had been going but without the publicity.

A royal has attended the ANZAC commemorations in Britain most, if not all years, for the last 100 with George V attending the first such commemoration. Actually I think the Duke of Kent should have attended this year as he was the last of George V's actual grandchildren who would have met the old king having been only a few months old when George V died - someone who knew George V attend the 100th anniversary of George's attendance in London at the very first such event.

Charles only attends the 'big anniversaries' e.g. the 90th and 100th. It is not something he normally attends as it has been the preserve of the Duke of Kent.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it's excellent that this service, so important to Aussies and Kiwis everywhere, did get the publicity it deserves. Harry did well.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 AM
Royal Highness

I read that Harry was interviewed live on the radio this morning with Chris Evans.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
I read that Harry was interviewed live on the radio this morning with Chris Evans.
It's tomorrow on The Chris Evans Breakfast show between 6.30 - 9.30 AM
Old 04-26-2016, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry embarrassed as young fan calls for him to be monarch | UK | News | Daily Express
Old 04-26-2016, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Curryong it says the page is missing...

LaRae
Old 04-26-2016, 02:35 PM
Royal Highness

It wasn't half an hour ago. A cute little story about a little kid that asked Harry if he would become King.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I guess this will eventually be moved to a book thread.

Sun royal editor Duncan Larcombe leaves to write Prince Harry book | Media | The Guardian
Old 04-26-2016, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Pictures of Prince Harry during the filming of a special edition of Sky Sports Game Changers
https://twitter.com/wyliecatherine/s...01642744475648
https://twitter.com/wyliecatherine/s...03943353798656

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...medium=twitter
Old 04-26-2016, 09:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

What a great interview. Well done to Harry and all involved

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 04-26-2016, 10:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It wasn't half an hour ago. A cute little story about a little kid that asked Harry if he would become King.
Prince Harry's hilarious response after a schoolboy asked if he'll ever be king* | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-26-2016, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Once again Harry is at his best. He really is so good with people especially children. He knows just what to say and you have to know it comes from the heart.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-27-2016, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: I won't be king

Nobody does this sort of thing better than Harry. He's both natural and sincere.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:35 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Prince Harry: I won't be king

Nobody does this sort of thing better than Harry. He's both natural and sincere.

He certainly is, he is so caring and like you say so natural.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:16 AM
Royal Highness

Old 04-27-2016, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

He's got what Diana had...more evident than William (due to his more reserved nature I think)...and he so reminds me of Prince Phillip at times as he's getting older.

LaRae
Old 04-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry does look like Phillip but my memories of Diana were of the moody type. She always looked liked she'd just been in an argument or something. Prince Andrew is an extrovert so it does run in the Windsor side. Charles used to refer to Andrew as his film star brother
Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

There's masses of footage (and lots of photos) showing Diana looking cheerful and happy and smiling. Andrew may or may not be an extrovert but Harry has a sincerity and a lot of charisma that draws people to him (as his mother had). It's an instinct, an emotional connection between him and the people he meets. That's something that can't be taught and I've certainly never noticed that about Andrew.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry