The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
A heartfelt tribute to all the poor victims, from a man who always wears his heart on his sleeve. Good that PM Cameron turned up also.

On a shallow note, Harry get rid of that blue suit. It's done valiant service. It can be retired now!
The royal men do need to change up their suits.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 04-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Polyesco. Looking at pictures of Harry is always a pleasure for me. Even when he's in his old faithful blue suit!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wait! I thought there was only one blue suit that was shared between the brothers. How is Harry wearing the suit when it has clearly been in India??? Ah...fast track global delivery from India to London was clearly in use today. Suit now enroute back to William for Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL NORWAY View Post
Video:
Prince Harry attends a service of commemoration at Westminster Abbey for the victims of the 2015 terrorist attacks in Tunisia. The service, for family members of those who lost their lives or were seriously injured and those who witnessed the attacks in Tunisia, commemorate the British nationals who were killed during the attacks.

Home - ITNSource News
Good to see Harry at the service today, but I truly wish that there was no need to have had one in the first place. It seems that the list of memorials for the victims of terrorist acts is continuing to grow at a staggering rate.
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Wait! I thought there was only one blue suit that was shared between the brothers. How is Harry wearing the suit when it has clearly been in India??? Ah...fast track global delivery from India to London was clearly in use today. Suit now enroute back to William for Wednesday!
No, William has the blue suit as he needs it for the tour. Harry was having a meal with his mates at a local pub while things were happening at the Abbey. Harry couldn't possibly attend anywhere formal without his beloved blue suit so what we saw at the service and afterwards was a mere hologram of Harry.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

What a clever man Harry is!!! Hologram Harry attends the event while the real one catches up with his friends!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:18 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/video/watc...by-hero/#page1

Prince Harry sent a video message to present the Laureus Award sport award to his "rugby hero" Dan Carter

Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry lays wreath at Wellington Arch to kick off Britain’s Anzac Day commemorations | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-25-2016, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here's a few more photos

Getty

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...rs&sort=newest

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 04-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Thank you, whoever is responsible for Harry being there. When it's important, they send the right one.
Old 04-25-2016, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Bravo Harry. Your sincerity shines through every time on these occasions.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
Royal Highness

He just gets better and better as he ages. Both lookwise and workwise.
Old 04-25-2016, 05:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Thank you, whoever is responsible for Harry being there. When it's important, they send the right one.
I feel sorry for the Duke of Kent who did it for decades with no publicity but now he is pushed aside and suddenly a royal attending the ANZAC Day events in London makes the news (I am excluding the big anniversaries that Charles has attended).
Old 04-25-2016, 07:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I feel sorry for the Duke of Kent who did it for decades with no publicity but now he is pushed aside and suddenly a royal attending the ANZAC Day events in London makes the news (I am excluding the big anniversaries that Charles has attended).
I meant no disrespect whatsoever for the Duke of Kent. I wasn't even aware he usually attended ANZAC Day events. (Actually I wasn't even aware there were ANZAC Day events in London.) When I said "the right one", I only had in mind a choice between William and Harry.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Hardly surprising really. Perception seems to be the key here. Sad, but in some ways it becomes more about the royal than the event at hand. Especially for the media.
Old 04-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Perhaps this is a transition that has been on the minds and all concerned have discussed and agreed to. I will not be surprised one bit if we see more and more of Harry taking on the military kind of royal duties that were previously held by the older generation. Perhaps it was decided that Harry would represent the British Royal Family at these events with the assent of the Duke of Kent. The BRF does give quite a bit of thought into the planning of these things.

Harry did look very dashing and I especially liked seeing him wearing his KCVO.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015

I've always thought it was very considerate and thoughtful that London as ANZAC Day commemorations. You can tell that Harry was very moved by this year's service, which was touching to see.

The discussion about royal popularity and events has been interesting. I agree that services like these do tend to get more publicity if a popular or more widely known royal attends them. Whilst I have no problem with royals attending such events/services and think it's lovely that they are attending, I do agree that it's unfortunate the services get more publicity and recognition from the public if a more widely known/popular royal attends, because what should also be important is the message or the aim that the event/service is getting across or remembering.
I also agree however with Osipi's post, as she has already suggested, I can imagine that the BRF chose Harry due to his military connections (and not due to his popularity).

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Perhaps this is a transition that has been on the minds and all concerned have discussed and agreed to. I will not be surprised one bit if we see more and more of Harry taking on the military kind of royal duties that were previously held by the older generation. Perhaps it was decided that Harry would represent the British Royal Family at these events with the assent of the Duke of Kent. The BRF does give quite a bit of thought into the planning of these things.

Harry did look very dashing and I especially liked seeing him wearing his KCVO.

Which brings up something I've been pondering...

We all know the Duke of Kent's health is not good. What if Harry ends up taking over his role w/The Commonwealth War Graves Commission? It would be a perfect fit both for them and for Harry.

Just putting it out there. :)

Forgot this....I think the reason Harry was at the ANZAC Commemorations had more to do w/he was at and took part in the 100th Anniversary events and Service at Gallipoli last year than anything else. If Charles was able to take part, I'm sure he would have, as he also took part in those Services last year. He wasn't, so Harry was sent. Simple as that IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-25-2016, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I meant no disrespect whatsoever for the Duke of Kent. I wasn't even aware he usually attended ANZAC Day events. (Actually I wasn't even aware there were ANZAC Day events in London.) When I said "the right one", I only had in mind a choice between William and Harry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
Hardly surprising really. Perception seems to be the key here. Sad, but in some ways it becomes more about the royal than the event at hand. Especially for the media.
I always appreciated that the Duke of Kent attended the ANZAC Commemorations and thought that perhaps this was an event that the transition was made from the Duke to Harry.

The Duke has performed a magnificent service and in no way did I see the appearance of Harry as part of the "takeover of youth". Rather I saw it as the torch being passed and allowing the Duke to retire from that particular duty. A duty I never felt he carried out lightly or because "someone had to do it".

And, to be honest, I do believe that Harry is the right man for the job for those very same reasons and that he did the Duke proud!

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry