The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-30-2015, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

I didn't say Britain is doing 'nothing' I said its miles behind America in how it treats veterans and its true. The USO Warrior and Family Centre is just one of many centres in the US.

Headley Court is woefully inadequate. MoD announced it will close and services transferred to a new centre to be developed at Stanford Hall *hopefully* to be opened by 2018

The cost of setting up the centre will be met by a fundraising campaign led by the Duke of Westminster, who has bought Stanford Hall.

Thank God for the Duke. Himself a Sandhurst graduate and army veteran

Given the low priority the British government gives to veterans I won't hold my breath it will be ready to open in 2018

But this is off-topic so I'll end it here.

Old 10-30-2015, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Whispers in the DM that Harry could start carrying out Investitures:
How fear of The Table keeps the Royals busy, by EPHRAIM HARDCASTLE | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-30-2015, 05:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
With Prince William presiding at Tuesday’s investiture ceremony, the Palace has become increasingly coy about divulging which royal is doing the honours at these events. The Queen attends fewer and fewer investitures and recipients are increasingly keen to get a place on days when she is present.

After the Queen, William is the most popular, with Charles and Anne sharing a distant last place. Word is that Prince Harry may soon join the investiture rota, something bound to shove Charles and Anne further down the hit parade.
The DM. You have to laugh. Charles is the Prince of Wales, its difficult to 'shove' him down the hit parade.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

They're talking in terms of popularity though, with the attendees at the Investitures. It reflects the popularity of Charles in various opinion polls, ahead of his wife but way behind the main pack of Queen, Will, Harry, Kate.
Old 10-31-2015, 08:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I think Harry's voice sounds quite a bit like his father's. He's just been on the morning news, and he is such a huge hit over here. Not that people all know him or care about him, but that he comes across as our kind of good guy. He gets coverage and good press when he's over here. JMO.
And having watched the clips - that was not POTUS flirting - that was her joking around, I think. But she and Harry, clearly have gotten to know and feel at ease with one another.

Are there really some people in the US who do not know Prince Harry?!
Old 10-31-2015, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Are there really some people in the US who do not know Prince Harry?!
I would imagine that the majority of the people in the US have a glimmer who Prince Harry is but that number would drastically be reduced by asking them if they know who Prince Henry of Wales is.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 10-31-2015, 09:21 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would imagine that the majority of the people in the US have a glimmer who Prince Harry is but that number would drastically be reduced by asking them if they know who Prince Henry of Wales is.

Well realising this, from the european point of view, America seems to be as far away as another planet - or, when you live in the US, Europe is in a different galaxy...
Old 11-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Speculation that Harry will become a full time Royal.

Prince Harry will become full-time royal when he does the Remembrance Sunday honours | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-05-2015, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry with Prince Philip at Remembrance Fields yesterday.

Prince Harry joins Prince Philip at Westminster Abbey's Field of Remembrance to pay tribute | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Is this bona fide information? Is this how we would find out? Wondering. I agree with 'the source' that it would be 'perfect' if there was a wife.

Actually, being a Cressida partisan, I think it would be keen if Cressida was the wife but was allowed to have her own career. I think it would be immensely interesting to have such a royal couple, very au courant with the advancing social/marriage scene.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Heir Apparent

The first time a non Royal colonel or non child of a sovereign given honor of laying wreath in own right? William did it in his name in 2007. He didn't become Colonel of Irish guards until 2011. Harry like his brother has honorary positions in the Royal Navy and RAF.

Didn't KP already say that Harry wasn't going to be a full time Royal went he left the army earlier this year? The Royal variety show isn't that the event that no one wants to go to?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 11-06-2015, 01:08 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Right now, at this time, I think its pretty appropriate for Harry to be the one to lay the wreath in his own right. Not because of his standing in the BRF or that he's a full time royal but because of his dedication and service to those in the military.

It is fast becoming a reality that when it comes to the British royal family and their connection to the British military, where once it was Philip as a navy man, that did a lot of representation for the family at military type events, the torch is most likely to be passed down to his grandson Harry. Not in any way undermining either Charles or William's involvement with the military but I think for Harry, it is much more of a personal connection.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 11-06-2015, 05:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, when Prince Philip passes (which hopefully won't be for years yet) Andrew (the Falklands War) and Harry (Afghanistan twice) will be the only members of the Royal family that will have seen active service. Harry's first deployment in Afghanistan began in late 2007.

I love Harry's frock coat on this engagement. It's a bit of a change from his usual dress uniform for the Blues and Royals.

As for the Royal Variety Show it is a charity event and most senior royals turn up to view it sooner or later, whether they want to or not. The artists who appear are always happy to be presented.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Right now, at this time, I think its pretty appropriate for Harry to be the one to lay the wreath in his own right. Not because of his standing in the BRF or that he's a full time royal but because of his dedication and service to those in the military.

It is fast becoming a reality that when it comes to the British royal family and their connection to the British military, where once it was Philip as a navy man, that did a lot of representation for the family at military type events, the torch is most likely to be passed down to his grandson Harry. Not in any way undermining either Charles or William's involvement with the military but I think for Harry, it is much more of a personal connection.
This is beautifully put and very true. Henry's connection to the military appears to be very deep and personal, and it's great that he gets the recognition by being able to lay down a wreath in his name. I can only imagine how honored he feels. You're right; this is not about being a full-time Royal. It's about his dedication to the plight of those who served to protect their country.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Courtier

I don't think he's becoming a full time royal. Charles won't put money aside for him to do full time duty.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
This is beautifully put and very true. Henry's connection to the military appears to be very deep and personal, and it's great that he gets the recognition by being able to lay down a wreath in his name. I can only imagine how honored he feels. You're right; this is not about being a full-time Royal. It's about his dedication to the plight of those who served to protect their country.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Has there been a request from Prince Harry to call him Henry? If not, it is rude to call people by names other than the ones they are using themselves.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:13 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Has there been a request from Prince Harry to call him Henry? If not, it is rude to call people by names other than the ones they are using themselves.

His given name is Henry and he is known by Harry.
I don't at all see how it's rude to call him by the name he was christened and the one his parents chose for him.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Rude to call someone with the name who christened? I don't think so.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post

Both names are used interchangeably and he's been referred to as Prince Henry multiple times. His official website is princehenryofwales.org

This is in no way rude.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 11-06-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

There is nothing wrong with referring to the Prince as Harry or Henry. For those who are not aware, there is actually a separate thread discussing the matter of his name here:

Why Harry/Henry??

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry