The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-22-2015, 12:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Harry attended a service marking the 75th anniversary of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) across the British Armed Forces at St Paul’s Cathedral on October 22, 2015

http://41.media.tumblr.com/98f996ff2...t3uno1_500.jpg
http://41.media.tumblr.com/6d9ec15ba...t3uno1_400.jpg
http://40.media.tumblr.com/1e9bbad42...t3uno1_500.jpg
Love these. He does look very dashing. He'd look even more so w/o the beard IMO.

Old 10-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Harry has attended a service to mark the 75th anniversary of Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) across the Armed Forces. The service at St Paul's Cathedral focused on the role of EOD throughout the Second World War, as well as during the conflicts of Northern Ireland and Afghanistan-

Home - ITNSource News

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-22-2015, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
I especially like this photo. it really shows how Harry will, probably without thought that he's doing it, interact with people at their own levels. I find this very endearing about him.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Majesty

Prince Harry honours bomb disposal experts at St Paul's Cathedral | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-22-2015, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, interacting with people, showing empathy is instinctive with Harry. Another engagement performed well.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Next week event, travel to the US

Prince Harry due to arrive in U.S. next Wednesday for first visit in two years
Will travel to Fort Belvoir, Virginia, with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden
Trio will visit center caring for injured service personnel and their families
Harry is visiting to promoted Olympic-style games for wounded soldiers
Next event, dubbed the Invictus Games, will take place in Florida next year

Prince Harry to meet with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden in US visit next week | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Prince Harry looks glum as he watches Rugby World Cup 2015 semi-final | Daily Mail Online

Old 10-25-2015, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I sincerely hope this is just the newspaper being selective in the photos it publishes and trying to cause a stir. I hope he wasn't hoping the Argies would beat a Commonwealth country of which his grandmother is Queen and Head of State, especially not so soon after that all-expenses-paid holiday we gave him here earlier this year which he seemed to enjoy.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Everyone in the photos with Prince Harry looks very glum.
Old 10-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Heir Apparent

^ It was probably a moment in time. Harry has always loved his time in Australia and I doubt he would be barracking for Argentina. It's probably quite cold in the stands. The crowd and Harry were probably reflecting on all the losses by countries in the British Isles!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Next week event, travel to the US

Prince Harry due to arrive in U.S. next Wednesday for first visit in two years
Will travel to Fort Belvoir, Virginia, with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden
Trio will visit center caring for injured service personnel and their families
Harry is visiting to promoted Olympic-style games for wounded soldiers
Next event, dubbed the Invictus Games, will take place in Florida next year

Prince Harry to meet with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden in US visit next week | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry to meet Barack Obama in the Oval office tomorrow

Read more: Prince Harry to meet Barack Obama in the Oval office tomorrow - Yorkshire Post

Tomorrow Prince Harry will be in Virginia & Washington DC to promote the #InvictusGames. He will meet @BarackObama, @FLOTUS & @DrBiden.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:04 AM
Majesty

I have always been unimpressed with those 'cute' photos of pretty princes and princesses bending or crouching to receive flowers or such after all, it's just part of the job. But I have to admit that Prince Harry brings a whole new meaning to those moves. Yes, he can accept a flower from a child with the best of them, but these photos are something more.

In a world where the injured sit in their wheelchairs invariably looking up to those VIP's that whistle through, along comes Harry and it seems "it's all about them", not him. It seems to be bred in his bones that he gets down to those men's level and looks them in the eye and talks to them one on one.

For all it is not terribly PC, the vast majority of people look away, cross the street and pretend they don't see a man in a wheelchair, even more so if the man has no legs. Yet Harry instinctively crouches or kneels and looks these men in the eye and talks to them and not down to or at them. A small courtesy but those men know they are not invisible to him.

Perhaps that is his gift.

ps: on a more pedantic note, I do believe that Harry is going to have to invest in a few more suits. Not only is his single-breasted blue suit boring, it was never designed for a man to crouch and kneel as often as he does.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:33 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I thorough agree. Harry has an instinctive feeling for and empathy with the sick, wounded and maimed. He brings something special to these engagements.

I would like Harry to get rid of that blue suit. No more blue suits for a while. What about a suit in pearly gray, another in a deeper shade of grey or even a very deep chocolate brown? It would be something different from same old, same old, though he does have great taste in ties which allows some variety.

Some ideas.

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/spr...m-guide-gk8gke
Old 10-28-2015, 02:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

A.W. TOZER
Old 10-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Prince Harry salutes wounded heroes of Iraq and Afghanistan all smiles as he meets Michelle Obama at event in support of Invictus Games | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial
Old 10-28-2015, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Well done to Harry for promoting these games. He has a crowded schedule in the US, scarcely arrived before flying out again.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

My FLOTUS kinda flirted with your Prince!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Harrys day in America from the CC

28th October, 2015

Prince Henry of Wales this morning was received by Mrs Barack Obama and Dr Jill Biden (Second Lady) at the White House, Washington DC, United States of America.

His Royal Highness, accompanied by Mrs Barack Obama and Dr Jill Biden, afterwards attended an event in support of the 2016 Invictus Games at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.

Prince Henry of Wales was received later by The President of the United States of America at the White House.

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended an Invictus Games 2016 Board Meeting and Stakeholder Reception at the Residence in Washington DC, and was received by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America (His Excellency Sir Peter Westmacott).

Prince Henry of Wales this evening departed from Dulles International Airport, Washington DC, for the United Kingdom

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry