Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I don't think you can tell another poster it is crazy :bang: how they remember something. We all have different memories, different images we remember. Different images that stick in our mind about her. For Rudolph, the unhappy ones seem to have stuck. That doesn't mean there weren't hundreds of happy smiling ones, it just means the one that have the most impact on Rudolph personally are the sad ones.

For me by the time I even knew what royals really were, Diana and Charles were separated. My nana would tell me stories of the royals, but I didn't grow up watching royal footage (I was a few months old during their wedding). For me I picture the interview she gave about Charles. And a lot of the post separation and divorce photos. And the funeral, with the card on the coffin.

Let's get back on topic. This thread is not about Diana or Andrew.

I've moved posts discussing Harry and William's Star Wars film set visit and their dinner with the POTUS. If you wish to discuss either of these engagements, you can do so in the British Royal Family Current Events thread.

Last edited:
It's a real pleasure to see Harry mingling with these sports stars and others. He's full of life and enthusiasm. Natalie looks as if she's ready to give birth right now!

Natalie is due in June with her second baby. Might not be a jump to think 'early' June from that bump:flowers:

Harry really shines at these events. He is so happy and engaged. :cool:

Harry says virtually the same things in every interview. He'd love to have children, he hopes his mother would be proud of him and he wants to be the 'fun' uncle to George and Charlotte.

Not exactly breaking news. Is it they won't interview him unless he name drops his niece and nephew or talks about his mother?

Last edited:
James Middleton even dropped the fun uncle line in his Good Morning America interview. Maybe William and Kate should buy him and Harry some T shirts with Fun Uncle on them.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Harry says virtually the same things in every interview. He'd love to have children, he hopes his mother would be proud of him and he wants to be the 'fun' uncle to George and Charlotte.

Not exactly breaking news. Is it they won't interview him unless he name drops his niece and nephew or talks about his mother?

I hardly think Harry goes around begging for interviews! He also talks about the charity or cause he is involved in at the time. He speaks movingly in interviews about the Invictus Games and the competitors and about his experiences of war and the 'flashbacks' of those times that he himself has experienced.

Harry's work with returned service personnel has made him well known and popular in the US and he's extremely popular in Britain because of his efforts.

Last edited:
This is not a speech Harry is giving. He is answering questions in an interview. It speaks more to the interviewer than Harry. Reality is Harry is the 'hot eligible bachelor prince'. People are wondering if he is dating, if he is going to marry and have kids. People magazine, the interview these sound bites are from, is a gossip magazine. That is the kind of thing they will ask about. Harry sounds like any 30 something year old man sick of being hounded about when he will settle down. Gives easy answers, 'yes I want kids, happy as Uncle for now'. Same goes for Diana, we see her brought up to both her sons in interviews constantly. Is he supposed to refuse to talk about her? What other answer do we expect about a mother dead almost 19 years?

Harry speaks passionately about the military and his involvement with Invictus and walking with the wounded. Its sad that some magazines/papers are just more interested in if he is taken.

Now however, sources say that Harry has cut back on the booze and is drinking significantly less, as he faces up to the responsibilities of his position.

That doesn’t mean sobriety - but it does mean cutting out the all-nighters.
Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober?

If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.

Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober?

If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.

Oh, for heavens sake! Harry wasnt and isn't an alcoholic.

Many, many people in their 20's in the UK drink and go to clubs and pubs at weekends and that's what Harry, and his friends were doing, (his circle of friends of his age also clubbed, so they'd be hardly sitting there drinking cups of tea and wringing their hands about Harry.)

Last edited by a moderator:

So true! I wish everyone would stop relating everything he does back to his mother. He does this because he has been raised to prioritize charity (for obvious reasons) and it melds with what he loves: the army. I swear, some people must think the man must wake up in the morning and ask himself, "What color shirt would my mom have liked best?" He adores and misses his mother, but he's also had other influences in his life and is his own man. I wish these interviewers would ask more poignant questions about his career and not make everything about his choosing a princess or reverting back to Diana.

I guess it's behind a paywall, so it might be some time before it gets online. Looking forward to it though! :)

Sounds like Harry had/has a drink problem and is now drinking significantly less but isn't sober? If true, I didn't realise it got to that level.

It would explain a lot, if so. :huh: A lot of growing up needed. One could see that.

I'm thinking that his little family, when he finally starts it up, will be the 'next generation' almost, if he waits long enough. A bit like Prince Edward. :flowers:

Harry hardly goes clubbing any more. When was the last time he was seen falling out of a club, five years ago, six, probably more? And as I said in my previous post most people in their twenties in Britain spend much of their time clubbing or in pubs. Nothing unusual in it at all.

Harry's only 31 and a mere two years and a bit younger than William. Edward was 35 when he married, (and was many years younger than most of his siblings.) Because of various complications he and Sophie were older parents. Edward was nearly forty when Louise was born, forty three when James arrived. There's no reason to suppose that Harry's going to replicate that.

Harry and William speak with one voice on this matter

Prince Harry said the line between his public and private life had become almost non-existent.

"Everyone has a right to their privacy, and a lot of the members of the public get it, but sadly in some areas there is this incessant need to find out every little bit of detail about what goes on behind the scenes. It's unnecessary."

He said that his private life had to be private, and he hoped people would respect that.

"We will continue to do our best to ensure that there is the line."
Read more: Prince Harry criticises 'intrusions' into private life - BBC News

Harry likes his privacy, but he explains it well, and he's never threatened to sue any of the Press, sent letters out etc.

He actually has taken action against the press. He complained to the PCC when the Daily Mirror posted those photos of him and Cressida at Royal Albert Hall. The PCC was able to resolve the matter by getting the Mirror to apologize and take down the article/photos. Also, Richard Palmer mentioned in a tweet last year, that Harry had tried to ban photographers from taking his photo at Ascot. Richard said that when it came to privacy, Harry was just as protective as William.

Last edited:
All the BRF, including Harry have used the Press Complaints Commission to deal with press intrusion.

If and when Harry ever gets married, he will be every bit as protective of his family as any other royal is. As he says, there is a line between royal life and private life, but it's easier to deal with when you're single.

Last edited:
I'm sure he's having a ball in Florida after a job very well done.

Last edited by a moderator:
He actually has taken action against the press. He complained to the PCC when the Daily Mirror posted those photos of him and Cressida at Royal Albert Hall. The PCC was able to resolve the matter by getting the Mirror to apologize and take down the article/photos. Also, Richard Palmer mentioned in a tweet last year, that Harry had tried to ban photographers from taking his photo at Ascot. Richard said that when it came to privacy, Harry was just as protective as William.

Thank you for sharing this information soapstar as I was certain that Harry like other members of the BRF had taken action regarding media intrusion. I expect that should Harry marry and start a family that he will guard their privacy much like the Cambridges.

Upheld IPSO Adjudication – Prince Harry | Daily Star

Even though the Star and like scandal rags are barely worth noticing, this was probably quite embarrassing for both of them, especially as Pippa has a boyfriend. Can't remember whether the James Matthews romance was on or not in December, though I believe they'd started dating. Anyway, if Harry and Pippa fancied each other as potential partners, (joking at the time of the Cambridge wedding aside) something would have happened before now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom