The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

short article about Harry at the Khulula Care for Wild
https://www.conservationafrica.net/news/post/188

new picture
https://www.conservationafrica.net/m...rryAndIvan.jpg

Old 08-14-2015, 10:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Great photo! I'm so glad that places like this exist and that Harry and Hugh visited one of them and met the rhinos. Good stuff!

Old 08-15-2015, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
short article about Harry at the Khulula Care for Wild
https://www.conservationafrica.net/news/post/188

new picture
https://www.conservationafrica.net/m...rryAndIvan.jpg
Awesome! Loved the article.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Animal sanctuaries such as the one Harry visited play a big part in conservation and protection of animals and I'm sure Harry was given a behind the scenes look at what they do there and what it takes that a regular tourist wouldn't see. I'm sure Harry and his guests all had a enjoyable visit though. I really wish we could have gotten a picture of Harry tickling a rhino. Priceless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cecil also part of an animal sanctuary that was "beloved" by visitors and lured outside the sanctuary before he was wounded and killed?
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 08-15-2015, 03:53 PM
Heir Apparent

You and me both Osipi! and
Old 08-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Animal sanctuaries such as the one Harry visited play a big part in conservation and protection of animals and I'm sure Harry was given a behind the scenes look at what they do there and what it takes that a regular tourist wouldn't see. I'm sure Harry and his guests all had a enjoyable visit though. I really wish we could have gotten a picture of Harry tickling a rhino. Priceless.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cecil also part of an animal sanctuary that was "beloved" by visitors and lured outside the sanctuary before he was wounded and killed?
Yep, according to the wildlife park, he was given a behind the scenes tour. He didn't go on any operational activities, or help catch poachers (like the DM reported), but he did get a chance to see how the sanctuary is run.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

This is off-topic for this discussion but I quite like Harry's beard, I hope he keeps it when he gets back to England. It makes him look handsome in an outdoorsy way. He had a beard recently I think, wasn't it at last Christmas (or the Christmas before that, I can't recall which but I definitely remember seeing him with a beard before)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Cecil was part of the Hwange National Park in Matabeleland (Zimbabwe). Hwange National Park is a game reserve, according to Wikipedia.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 08-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry grew a beard during his Walk with the Wounded in South Antarctica in 2013. He kept it for quite a while after he returned to Britain. It was still in place when I saw him and other royals at Sandringham that Christmas. He must like growing beards when he's away and not worrying about his appearance so much, so he might keep this one for a while too when he comes back home.
Old 08-15-2015, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I just really dislike beards on anyone; I think they look grubby and unkempt.

I hope James Middleton gets rid of his soon.
Old 08-15-2015, 11:25 PM
Gentry

I already like beard men, think sexy
Old 08-16-2015, 02:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I've seen Harry a few times in real life over the past thirty years and when I saw him close up at Sandringham in 2013 I thought his beard looked very soft and silky and he suited it well, though I admit some men don't suit beards and moustaches.
Old 08-18-2015, 01:15 PM
Gentry

I remember that when he was in Brazil, a little girl asked him if he was the prince of Cinderella,He found it very funny! He's a cute with the kids! haaaa
Old 08-18-2015, 05:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6h6 hours ago Prince Harry will undertake official visits to the USA, South Africa & Lesotho later this year

At the end of October Prince Harry will visit Washington DC to attend events in support of @InvictusOrlando 2016.
In November Prince Harry will visit Lesotho for his charity @Sentebale and South Africa on behalf of @foreignoffice @UKinSouthAfrica.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry will officially open the @Sentebale Mamohato Children’s Centre.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...as-visits-2015
Old 08-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6h6 hours ago
Prince Harry is currently in Southern Africa privately working on front-line conservation projects. He is due to return in mid-September.

Harry's visit to South Africa is at the request of the FCO to carry out a programme of engagements on behalf of HM Government.

Harry will visit Washington DC at the end of October to attend events connected to the Orlando 2016 Invictus Games.

Harry will then visit South Africa and Lesotho from 26th November to 4th December, the latter on behalf of his charity @Sentebale

Harry will officially open @Sentebale 's new Mamohato Children’s Centre which will enable it to support more children living with HIV.

On his return he will volunteer with the Personnel Recovery Unit of London District, assisting soldiers wounded or injured in service.

ebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6h6 hours ago
Harry will also continue a programme of Royal duties, including through his role as Honorary President of the Rugby World Cup 2015.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 08-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Whoa, Harry is to be quite busy and committed! I am glad he s going to underatake such trips and engagements! Good on him!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, a full programme. How terrific is that! I believe he is also due to join the wounded soldiers in a walk across Britain when he returns as well.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I remember that when he was in Brazil, a little girl asked him if he was the prince of Cinderella,He found it very funny! He's a cute with the kids! haaaa

How did I miss hearing about this? I can so easily see Harry having a good chuckle, while at the same time gently telling the little one he wasn't Cinderella's Prince. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6h6 hours ago Prince Harry will undertake official visits to the USA, South Africa & Lesotho later this year

At the end of October Prince Harry will visit Washington DC to attend events in support of @InvictusOrlando 2016.
In November Prince Harry will visit Lesotho for his charity @Sentebale and South Africa on behalf of @foreignoffice @UKinSouthAfrica.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry will officially open the @Sentebale Mamohato Children’s Centre.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/medi...as-visits-2015

Wow!! Very busy Fall for Harry which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, a full programme. How terrific is that! I believe he is also due to join the wounded soldiers in a walk across Britain when he returns as well.

Yes, he is. In his role as Patron of Walking w/the Wounded IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Nobility

Re Prince Harry; he's doing well isn't he, such a full series of commitments; good for him.

I don't mind the beard but whoever said James middleton should get rid of his, i totally agree; looks awful (but of course he has the right to do what he wants with his facial hair!)
Old 08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
How did I miss hearing about this? I can so easily see Harry having a good chuckle, while at the same time gently telling the little one he wasn't Cinderella's Prince. :)

Wow!! Very busy Fall for Harry which is great.

Yes, he is. In his role as Patron of Walking w/the Wounded IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

he told the little girl that he was not the prince of Cinderella, it was another prince .

I find very interesting Prince Harry worrying about global social problems... I think he inherited the kindness of Princess Diana
Old 08-19-2015, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

All posts regarding Prince Harry and social media have been moved to Royal Websites and Social Networking.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry