Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next week event, travel to the US

Prince Harry due to arrive in U.S. next Wednesday for first visit in two years
Will travel to Fort Belvoir, Virginia, with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden
Trio will visit center caring for injured service personnel and their families
Harry is visiting to promoted Olympic-style games for wounded soldiers
Next event, dubbed the Invictus Games, will take place in Florida next year

Prince Harry to meet with Michelle Obama and Jill Biden in US visit next week | Daily Mail Online

Prince Harry to meet Barack Obama in the Oval office tomorrow

Read more: Prince Harry to meet Barack Obama in the Oval office tomorrow - Yorkshire Post

Tomorrow Prince Harry will be in Virginia & Washington DC to promote the #InvictusGames. He will meet @BarackObama, @FLOTUS & @DrBiden.​

Last edited:
I have always been unimpressed with those 'cute' photos of pretty princes and princesses bending or crouching to receive flowers or such after all, it's just part of the job. But I have to admit that Prince Harry brings a whole new meaning to those moves. Yes, he can accept a flower from a child with the best of them, but these photos are something more.

In a world where the injured sit in their wheelchairs invariably looking up to those VIP's that whistle through, along comes Harry and it seems "it's all about them", not him. It seems to be bred in his bones that he gets down to those men's level and looks them in the eye and talks to them one on one.

For all it is not terribly PC, the vast majority of people look away, cross the street and pretend they don't see a man in a wheelchair, even more so if the man has no legs. Yet Harry instinctively crouches or kneels and looks these men in the eye and talks to them and not down to or at them. A small courtesy but those men know they are not invisible to him.

Perhaps that is his gift.

ps: on a more pedantic note, I do believe that Harry is going to have to invest in a few more suits. Not only is his single-breasted blue suit boring, it was never designed for a man to crouch and kneel as often as he does.

^ I thorough agree. Harry has an instinctive feeling for and empathy with the sick, wounded and maimed. He brings something special to these engagements.

I would like Harry to get rid of that blue suit. No more blue suits for a while. What about a suit in pearly gray, another in a deeper shade of grey or even a very deep chocolate brown? It would be something different from same old, same old, though he does have great taste in ties which allows some variety.

Some ideas.

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/spring-racing-carnival-fashion-form-guide-gk8gke

Last edited:
Well done to Harry for promoting these games. He has a crowded schedule in the US, scarcely arrived before flying out again.

Harrys day in America from the CC

28th October, 2015

Prince Henry of Wales this morning was received by Mrs Barack Obama and Dr Jill Biden (Second Lady) at the White House, Washington DC, United States of America.

His Royal Highness, accompanied by Mrs Barack Obama and Dr Jill Biden, afterwards attended an event in support of the 2016 Invictus Games at Fort Belvoir, Virginia.

Prince Henry of Wales was received later by The President of the United States of America at the White House.

His Royal Highness this afternoon attended an Invictus Games 2016 Board Meeting and Stakeholder Reception at the Residence in Washington DC, and was received by Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the United States of America (His Excellency Sir Peter Westmacott).

Prince Henry of Wales this evening departed from Dulles International Airport, Washington DC, for the United Kingdom

I am very glad Harry and Michelle got on well together, maybe had a flirty thing going, and why not!:)

I think it was excellent that he was able to promote the Invictus Games and talk with President Obama on the health, mental and physical, of returned service personnel.

^ I thorough agree. Harry has an instinctive feeling for and empathy with the sick, wounded and maimed. He brings something special to these engagements.

I would like Harry to get rid of that blue suit. No more blue suits for a while. What about a suit in pearly gray, another in a deeper shade of grey or even a very deep chocolate brown? It would be something different from same old, same old, though he does have great taste in ties which allows some variety.

Some ideas.

http://www.executivestyle.com.au/spring-racing-carnival-fashion-form-guide-gk8gke

I've always wanted to see him in a Forest Green suit jacket and pants w/a Butter Yellow/Brown shirt. W/his colouring, it would really look great on him IMO.

I am very glad Harry and Michelle got on well together, maybe had a flirty thing going, and why not!:)

I think it was excellent that he was able to promote the Invictus Games and talk with President Obama on the health, mental and physical, of returned service personnel.

Only the first of a few trips over to the US to promote the Games over the next few months me thinks. I'm also glad he met w/the President about these issues. As we in Canada, the UK, the USA and all the Countries that have Iraq/Afghan Veterans, are all going to be facing how to help these Veterans for decades to come.

BTW...Was I seeing things earlier this week or did one of the Team GB/Help for Heroes Team Members that competed at last year's Invictus Games win a Gold Medal and World Championship at the IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha? I could swear I saw something about it on Twitter, but when I looked back to check, it was gone. If so, that would be beyond awesome!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think Harry's voice sounds quite a bit like his father's. He's just been on the morning news, and he is such a huge hit over here. Not that people all know him or care about him, but that he comes across as our kind of good guy. He gets coverage and good press when he's over here. JMO.
And having watched the clips - that was not POTUS flirting - that was her joking around, I think. But she and Harry, clearly have gotten to know and feel at ease with one another.

I'm glad Harry acknowledged the Invictus Games are just a copy of the already existing Warrior Games that take place every year in the US.

The US is miles ahead of Britain in how it treats its veterans so its good to see the Royal Foundation championing veterans issues.

Whether it was a copy or not, Harry was deeply involved in setting up the Invictus Games and in its success in Britain. He rightly received much praise for his hard work. Harry is dedicated to helping wounded and maimed ex-servicemen and women and over just the last few weeks has shown it by taking part in the walk across Britain by veterans. Harry's identified in the public mind with this work.

I'm an Aussie so can't say how the US compares to Britain in its care of veterans but this report highlighted problems on the US side.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/mar/26/us-veterans-inadequate-care-war

Last edited:
I'm glad Harry acknowledged the Invictus Games are just a copy of the already existing Warrior Games that take place every year in the US.

The US is miles ahead of Britain in how it treats its veterans so its good to see the Royal Foundation championing veterans issues.

I wouldn't quite say that the US is anywhere near miles ahead of anyone when it comes to their veterans. I think these Warrior Games and the Invictus Games are really putting out the in the forefront the need for care, respect, support and most importantly, programs to care for every aspect of a hero returning to civilian life. Our Veteran's Administration here has really been under fire lately amid scandal, negligence and a whole lot of other things I'm not recalling right now and is in need of a serious revamp.

The more programs there are and the more international coverage there is, the better chances for a smoother, healthier, supportive return to civilian life for those that laid down their life and limbs to protect our way of life.

Go, Harry, Go!!

Its a national travesty how Britain treats its veterans. We can learn a lot from the US.

Yesterday Harry toured the state-of-the-art USO Warrior and Family Centre, a facility designed to support wounded, injured or ill veterans, their families and caregivers.

There is nothing even remotely like this in Britain

If the British government is too mean or financially strapped to provide such facilities for its service personnel that's a great shame, but hardly Harry's fault. He has done all he can to promote the causes of wounded and maimed servicemen and women in Britain.

Has anyone said its Harry's fault? If not for various members of the royal family and their military patronages veterans would be completely ignored in Britain

If anything, right now Harry is probably the leading representative in bringing awareness internationally to a serious lack of responsibility on the part of countries in regards to their support and treatment of the men and woman that have put their lives on the line for their homes and country.

Although there are various organizations such as Walking with the Wounded and the Wounded Warrior Program in both the UK and the USA and now with the Warrior Games and the Invictus Games gaining momentum internationally, more of the spotlight can and will be on the remarkable men and women that not only never gave up on us and our way of life but also are not giving up on themselves either. Hopefully governments will sit up and take notice and take much needed action. If they can raise trillions to fight wars, they most certainly need to take responsibility to care and provide for the casualties of the wars they fund.

A very important subject and a busy agenda. Well done Harry .

planning with the Invictus Games committee
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSbVieVWUAEx7vr.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSbmu6RWoAAw3sT.jpg

seeing the art by veterans
http://36.media.tumblr.com/ab9cdb5124eb22d49a675922dc216316/tumblr_nwy9gh7vmi1swd44ko4_500.jpg

and with the President
http://www.vorsten.nl/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/ANP291015101-1
Mr Obama said: "We want to thank His Royal Highness for his service in Afghanistan alongside our outstanding American troops.

"It's a testament to the special relationship, the incredible bond that we share between our two countries.

"That bond continues into the next generation of leadership that His Royal Highness represents. So we are very grateful to him not only for the specific work but for continuing to strengthen the deep, deep bonds between our two countries."

I believe Prince Harry has mentioned (it is also on Invictus Games website) the he got the inspiration for the Invictus games from seeing the Warrior Games (which has only been in existence since 2010.) Invictus is not "just a copy" of the Warrior games. The Warrior games are for the US military branches and under the main organization of US Paraolympics. The Invictus games are now international organization and competition and is becoming the Olympics for wounded soldiers. The Invictus games takes the competition to a whole new level and should not be labelled as "just a copy".

Cue the Malia Obama/Prince Harry rumors! (JK)

Cue the Malia Obama/Prince Harry rumors! (JK)

? Ugh, She is a 17 yr old high school teenager. He is a 31 yr old man. Super Creepy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I believe Prince Harry has mentioned (it is also on Invictus Games website) the he got the inspiration for the Invictus games from seeing the Warrior Games (which has only been in existence since 2010.) Invictus is not "just a copy" of the Warrior games. The Warrior games are for the US military branches and under the main organization of US Paraolympics. The Invictus games are now international organization and competition and is becoming the Olympics for wounded soldiers. The Invictus games takes the competition to a whole new level and should not be labelled as "just a copy".

Thank You for perfectly expressing how I've felt whenever I've seen posts like these. Thank You very much!!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Its a national travesty how Britain treats its veterans. We can learn a lot from the US.

Yesterday Harry toured the state-of-the-art USO Warrior and Family Centre, a facility designed to support wounded, injured or ill veterans, their families and caregivers.

There is nothing even remotely like this in Britain

That is not true. Hedley Court is one example; special housing is being built; there is a new rehab centre being built in the Midlands. It isn't right to say we doing nothing but it is true that for all countries who took part in recent conflicts there are issues in sustaining ongoing rehabilitation especially with mental illnesses such as PTSD. People are surviving trauma that 10 yrs ago would have killed them.

Everyone wants to do more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom