Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Harry with or without a beard. My guess is he'll keep it for a little while then get bored and shave it off. I don't think it's a permanent fixture! I'm glad he's back and getting stuck into royal engagements straight away!

Last time Harry had a beard, he couldn't keep if he wanted because it was against Army regulations (only the Navy allows for a full beard). Since he left the Army now, he could keep it if he wanted too

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It's wonderful to see Harry back in action... I've been missing him over the summer. :p
There was an interview with him on TV when he attended the Battle of Britain flypast, and I thought he sounded very down to earth and almost like a regular guy. He appeared to have a warm personality (however one of my mother's friends has a brother who went to Eton with William, and has always said that he thinks William is the nicest out of the two brothers). I thought it was particularly kind of him when he let one of the veteran pilots take his place in flying one of the planes.

I would think that most people in the public eye would have done the same thing with regards to veteran pilot. If you didn't you would been vilified by the press and public.

I would think that most people in the public eye would have done the same thing with regards to veteran pilot. If you didn't you would been vilified by the press and public.

Of course, I just thought it was a touching gesture, that's all.

I think Harry was probably not at his best as a student at Eton, though he was good at sport. He was troubled, I think, as it is a school which requires high academic results. Harry does not have book smarts as he himself admits. It was said that before Diana died she was looking out for a different school for Harry. Afterwards I suppose the family felt the two brothers should be together.

I think Harry was probably not at his best as a student at Eton, though he was good at sport. He was troubled, I think, as it is a school which requires high academic results. Harry does not have book smarts as he himself admits. It was said that before Diana died she was looking out for a different school for Harry. Afterwards I suppose the family felt the two brothers should be together.
Book smarts to me is just working hard, the subjects he took were art, history and geography or something similar, I think he did not think education was important at that age. We have all been there and it must have been hell for Harry with the dyslexia, but with help like Beatrice, he could have made it to university and done well academically. He did not want to and was never guided, maybe of Diana was around she would have mentored him.:flowers:
Right now he is not in the army and none of the grandkids are full time royals so he is going to get bored eventually. A degree in something would have opened a career path and opened him up to a new group of friends.

It's wonderful to see Harry back in action... I've been missing him over the summer. :p
There was an interview with him on TV when he attended the Battle of Britain flypast, and I thought he sounded very down to earth and almost like a regular guy. He appeared to have a warm personality (however one of my mother's friends has a brother who went to Eton with William, and has always said that he thinks William is the nicest out of the two brothers). I thought it was particularly kind of him when he let one of the veteran pilots take his place in flying one of the planes.
Young Harry was very misplaced and confused and there was a lot of anger, hitting paparazzis etc. He might be different now but I too feel William is the nicer brother. JMO.

Last edited:
:previous: Umm, why is William nicer? Lord knows if my personality was judged by someone of my older sibling's age between the ages of 13 to 18, I'd probably sink like a stone too. Young people of that age group tend to deal in absolutes.

Harry is a grown man and the unnamed person that was one of the 1300 odd students that went to Eton at the same time as he and William, is obviously not one of William or Harry's personal friends. Not at Sandhurst, nor in he Army (land or air) and not now that Harry has left the army.

Surprisingly, I agree with someone who noted (on another thread) that William and Harry don't seem as close as the used to be. I would agree. William has married, had two children, has in-laws he spends a great deal of time with and now has a job that keeps him physically distant as well. Harry is still single, has other friends and other goals. In short, he has his own life and is now free from the whole "the spare" dynamic.

The fact that Harry does not have a degree does not mean that he's going to get bored and have no "qualifications" for a job. In my experience, the average BA is worth nothing except as an indicator that someone can apply themselves and learn. So too is graduating Sandhurst and his ensuing Army career.

I really don't see a need for Harry to return to studies and get a degree. He's doing well for himself and goes above and beyond the call for the things he does get involved with and that means learning the ropes. He was quite successful in the Army with pursuing qualifications to fly an Apache helicopter and that's something not everyone aspires to. Harry just doesn't get involved with something as a patron to just give lip service either or show up at a grand gala in a tuxedo. I just read recently in another thread that with taking on para rugby as a patron, he also took it a step further and got his certification as a coach. With the Royal Foundation, before becoming an ambassador for United for Wildlife, he spent months in Africa experiencing the real work being done and the behind the scenes. He participated in treks with Walking With The Wounded to know what the experience is like. There's probably many more examples I'm just not thinking of right now.

Perhaps the learning experiences Harry gets won't earn him a degree to hang on his wall but they sure the heck do enrich the causes and issues that he's involved with.

:previous: Umm, why is William nicer? Lord knows if my personality was judged by someone of my older sibling's age between the ages of 13 to 18, I'd probably sink like a stone too. Young people of that age group tend to deal in absolutes.

Harry is a grown man and the unnamed person that was one of the 1300 odd students that went to Eton at the same time as he and William, is obviously not one of William or Harry's personal friends. Not at Sandhurst, nor in he Army (land or air) and not now that Harry has left the army.

Surprisingly, I agree with someone who noted (on another thread) that William and Harry don't seem as close as the used to be. I would agree. William has married, had two children, has in-laws he spends a great deal of time with and now has a job that keeps him physically distant as well. Harry is still single, has other friends and other goals. In short, he has his own life and is now free from the whole "the spare" dynamic.

The fact that Harry does not have a degree does not mean that he's going to get bored and have no "qualifications" for a job. In my experience, the average BA is worth nothing except as an indicator that someone can apply themselves and learn. So too is graduating Sandhurst and his ensuing Army career.
You're right about the value of a BA/Bsc :sad: these days it is all about contacts, the history graduate working for Goldman Sachs, while the engineering/MBA graduate is unemployed.
It is far too late and he doesnt want to go back and shouldn't IMO. It is just an observation that had he got different guidance his life may have not had the turbulent start and much more stable early on.
He just seems lost to me, not because he is single but because he quit his army job after wanting to do that since he was a kid, even William is still an officer. I know Harry has the royal work but if W who is in a higher position can do a job so can harry. They are not going to be full time royals any time soon so he just quit because he didnt feel like the desk job was for him. :ermm:

Cressida Bonas has privately hit back at claims by a little-known film director that she declined a part in his latest movie about Bonnie Prince Charlie – because she had ‘had enough of being too close to royalty’.
The chippy comment was made by director Robbie Moffat last week as he publicly grumbled about her turning down £5,000 to appear in his film The Great Getaway.
A friend of Cressida, 26, who dated Prince Harry for two years, said: ‘She will soon be filming an ITV drama of Trollope’s Doctor Thorne. She doesn’t need to prop up someone’s film studies project.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ists-Georgia-Minnie-marvel.html#ixzz3mGSlnHiI

In regards to Harry not really being Mr. sunshine and rainbows, I would say his friends are not very normal, they are somewhat elitist. He is great at being candid when performing royal duties but after that who knows. His friend Guy, EX GF cress etc are all very rude and snobby so if he finds that company fun to be around it shows what he is like, after all you are the company you keep.

Last edited:
Of course, I just thought it was a touching gesture, that's all.
HereditaryPrincess, I like your post and I also believed it was the correct thing to do.

You're right about the value of a BA/Bsc :sad: these days it is all about contacts, the history graduate working for Goldman Sachs, while the engineering/MBA graduate is unemployed.
It is far too late and he doesnt want to go back and shouldn't IMO. It is just an observation that had he got different guidance his life may have not had the turbulent start and much more stable early on.
He just seems lost to me, not because he is single but because he quit his army job after wanting to do that since he was a kid, even William is still an officer. I know Harry has the royal work but if W who is in a higher position can do a job so can harry. They are not going to be full time royals any time soon so he just quit because he didnt feel like the desk job was for him. :ermm:

In regards to Harry not really being Mr. sunshine and rainbows, I would say his friends are not very normal, they are somewhat elitist. He is great at being candid when performing royal duties but after that who knows. His friend Guy, EX GF cress etc are all very rude and snobby so if he finds that company fun to be around it shows what he is like, after all you are the company you keep.
. May I respectfully point out that Prince Harry is very open about his dyslexia. Some dyslexic's find academic work extremely difficult and some people just don't want to go to University. An undergraduate degree etc. or lack thereof does not make anyone uneducated or unintelligent. The most intelligent man I know left school at fourteen to support his younger siblings. I almost married a very senior academic who was not as intelligent. Trust me I meet some people with degrees and I wonder how they get through life, seriously.

. I remember an article were a paper sent photographers to, if my memory serves me correctly, a family funeral when Ms. Bonas was dating P.H. An observer inside spoke of how Cressida first went to acknowledge and comfort a member of staff. We all have off days, if true, I seen real warmth in that gesture of Cressida's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young Harry was very misplaced and confused and there was a lot of anger, hitting paparazzis etc. He might be different now but I too feel William is the nicer brother. JMO.

Of course, this is just by looking at photos and listening to interviews, though I do think that Harry is very different now (although he still seems to love partying). I don't really have a firm opinion on which of the brothers are the nicest, but in that interview at the Battle of Britain event Harry did come across as a warm and friendly person.

Are you referring to my post? Well, I didn't say that he is a friend of William and Harry. I don't see anything controversial about mentioning him. All I said was his opinion as I wanted to contribute to the discussion :ermm:

Last edited:
Seriously they contacted the palace for a comment about him smoking? Good grief...

LaRae

He has smoked for years. Nothing new there. He is an adult. That clip must have been taped long ago, at least before Africa. No beard. Which looks great btw.

I think he looks a lot more like the DoE with the beard...not a bad look.

LaRae

It may be a minority here but I do not like the beard. Harry please shave now :D

I´m sorry, Eya, but there´s hardly a single man in this world who would look better without a beard than with one! And Pr. Harry is definitely no exception. Having his beard shaven off was not the wisest decision for the king of Spain lately...

Okay Ladies, I personally don't like the beard but P.H, ultimately can do what he wishes, until his Grandmother has a word...

Harry wasn't allowed a beard while serving in the army. Now he's not there any more he can hopefully keep it, hurray!

It may be a minority here but I do not like the beard. Harry please shave now :D

completely agree. A heavy beard doesn't look good on him at all and less so with the way he styles his hair these days. He looks like a lazy slob, imo.

and the smoking isn't attractive either.

completely agree. A heavy beard doesn't look good on him at all and less so with the way he styles his hair these days. He looks like a lazy slob, imo.

and the smoking isn't attractive either.
I agree :argh: :whistling:

Harry's hardly ever seen smoking and no doubt the beard will go soon, unfortunately IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom