Prince Harry Current Events 28: April 2015 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Have to admit there are times I have dreamed of shooting my dentist. :D

I've gone off dentists even more than usual since the Demon Archer wounded Cecil. Hopefully Harry won't have need of a dentist while he's in SA. However, I notice he is growing a beard again. When I last saw him in real life at Sandringham he had a beard and it looked very soft and silky. I wonder why Hugh Grosvenor has suddenly appeared. A holiday?

Kruger Park poachers

:previous: Sorry?

Didn't know gangs of armed dentist are roaming the country side in South Africa. Wouldn't surprise me though. Dentists are evil! :voodoo::ermm:

Oh Yes!!! Didn't you know at least One dentist was roaming about with deadly intent.

Actually my Dentist does a lot of shooting. And very talented he is too. Uses 16 megapixels to capture his images. An absolute delight to sit in his waiting room looking at his shots from all over the world on a big plasma screen. I suspect he is only a dentist to fund his shooting hobby.

Last edited:
We know you will do a documentary or something similar on the adventures in Africa? (Nice beard indeed).

Last edited:
Ah, he is looking more than ever like the DOE. I would like to see the beard a bit longer and I hope he keeps it. I think some people look really good in beards, James Middleton being one of them.

Harry looks fantastic in a beard, though unfortunately he's unlikely to keep it for long once he returns to Britain. I think a documentary on his travels would be an excellent idea. Unfortunately it doesn't appear that he is travelling with a film crew, even a small one.

JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Britain's Prince Harry has been on a private visit to South Africa's flagship wildlife park, where poachers have killed rhinos in record numbers and clashed with rangers.

South Africa's national parks service provided Harry with "exposure" to its conservation work, including efforts against rhino poaching, during his visit to Kruger National Park, the service said in a statement emailed Thursday to The Associated Press.

"This exposure does not include operational activities involving engagements with poachers," the statement said. It said the parks service does not involve "guests, civilians or VIP guests" in such operations and that only rangers and other law enforcement officials participate in actions against suspected poachers.

https://news.yahoo.com/prince-harry-visits-south-africas-flagship-wildlife-park-075912750.html

I also think a documentary of what Harry has done and seen while being in Africa would be an excellent thing. Air it on international TV and put it up on the United for Wildlife website and all kinds of other places to draw attention to the cause.

Nothing would bring more attention to this fight than an ambassador for United for Wildlife showing where he's been, what he's seen and what he feels needs to be done than the actual footage to back it up.

Oh! I love the beard too. Harry looks so rugged and I imagine also that the beard protects his face from the hot sun and sunburn. One problem though is that every time I read "ginger beard" I get an odd craving for ginger bread. I must be a closet dyslectic. :D

I've always thought Harry looked much like his great Uncle David.

LaRae

Great photo! I'm so glad that places like this exist and that Harry and Hugh visited one of them and met the rhinos. Good stuff!

Animal sanctuaries such as the one Harry visited play a big part in conservation and protection of animals and I'm sure Harry was given a behind the scenes look at what they do there and what it takes that a regular tourist wouldn't see. I'm sure Harry and his guests all had a enjoyable visit though. I really wish we could have gotten a picture of Harry tickling a rhino. Priceless. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cecil also part of an animal sanctuary that was "beloved" by visitors and lured outside the sanctuary before he was wounded and killed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Animal sanctuaries such as the one Harry visited play a big part in conservation and protection of animals and I'm sure Harry was given a behind the scenes look at what they do there and what it takes that a regular tourist wouldn't see. I'm sure Harry and his guests all had a enjoyable visit though. I really wish we could have gotten a picture of Harry tickling a rhino. Priceless. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Cecil also part of an animal sanctuary that was "beloved" by visitors and lured outside the sanctuary before he was wounded and killed?

Yep, according to the wildlife park, he was given a behind the scenes tour. He didn't go on any operational activities, or help catch poachers (like the DM reported), but he did get a chance to see how the sanctuary is run.

This is off-topic for this discussion but I quite like Harry's beard, I hope he keeps it when he gets back to England. It makes him look handsome in an outdoorsy way. He had a beard recently I think, wasn't it at last Christmas (or the Christmas before that, I can't recall which but I definitely remember seeing him with a beard before)?

Cecil was part of the Hwange National Park in Matabeleland (Zimbabwe). Hwange National Park is a game reserve, according to Wikipedia. :flowers:

Harry grew a beard during his Walk with the Wounded in South Antarctica in 2013. He kept it for quite a while after he returned to Britain. It was still in place when I saw him and other royals at Sandringham that Christmas. He must like growing beards when he's away and not worrying about his appearance so much, so he might keep this one for a while too when he comes back home.

Last edited:
I just really dislike beards on anyone; I think they look grubby and unkempt.

I hope James Middleton gets rid of his soon.

I already like beard men, think sexy

I've seen Harry a few times in real life over the past thirty years and when I saw him close up at Sandringham in 2013 I thought his beard looked very soft and silky and he suited it well, though I admit some men don't suit beards and moustaches.

I remember that when he was in Brazil, a little girl asked him if he was the prince of Cinderella,He found it very funny! He's a cute with the kids! haaaa

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6h6 hours ago Prince Harry will undertake official visits to the USA, South Africa & Lesotho later this year

At the end of October Prince Harry will visit Washington DC to attend events in support of @InvictusOrlando 2016.
In November Prince Harry will visit Lesotho for his charity @Sentebale and South Africa on behalf of @foreignoffice @UKinSouthAfrica.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry will officially open the @Sentebale Mamohato Children’s Centre.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/press-releases/prince-harrys-overseas-visits-2015

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6h6 hours ago
Prince Harry is currently in Southern Africa privately working on front-line conservation projects. He is due to return in mid-September.

Harry's visit to South Africa is at the request of the FCO to carry out a programme of engagements on behalf of HM Government.

Harry will visit Washington DC at the end of October to attend events connected to the Orlando 2016 Invictus Games.

Harry will then visit South Africa and Lesotho from 26th November to 4th December, the latter on behalf of his charity @Sentebale

Harry will officially open @Sentebale 's new Mamohato Children’s Centre which will enable it to support more children living with HIV.

On his return he will volunteer with the Personnel Recovery Unit of London District, assisting soldiers wounded or injured in service.

ebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 6h6 hours ago
Harry will also continue a programme of Royal duties, including through his role as Honorary President of the Rugby World Cup 2015.

Whoa, Harry is to be quite busy and committed! I am glad he s going to underatake such trips and engagements! Good on him!

Yes, a full programme. How terrific is that! I believe he is also due to join the wounded soldiers in a walk across Britain when he returns as well.

I remember that when he was in Brazil, a little girl asked him if he was the prince of Cinderella,He found it very funny! He's a cute with the kids! haaaa

How did I miss hearing about this? I can so easily see Harry having a good chuckle, while at the same time gently telling the little one he wasn't Cinderella's Prince. :)

Kensington Palace ‏@KensingtonRoyal 6h6 hours ago Prince Harry will undertake official visits to the USA, South Africa & Lesotho later this year

At the end of October Prince Harry will visit Washington DC to attend events in support of @InvictusOrlando 2016.
In November Prince Harry will visit Lesotho for his charity @Sentebale and South Africa on behalf of @foreignoffice @UKinSouthAfrica.
In Lesotho, Prince Harry will officially open the @Sentebale Mamohato Children’s Centre.

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/media/press-releases/prince-harrys-overseas-visits-2015

Wow!! Very busy Fall for Harry which is great.

Yes, a full programme. How terrific is that! I believe he is also due to join the wounded soldiers in a walk across Britain when he returns as well.

Yes, he is. In his role as Patron of Walking w/the Wounded IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Re Prince Harry; he's doing well isn't he, such a full series of commitments; good for him.

I don't mind the beard but whoever said James middleton should get rid of his, i totally agree; looks awful (but of course he has the right to do what he wants with his facial hair!)

How did I miss hearing about this? I can so easily see Harry having a good chuckle, while at the same time gently telling the little one he wasn't Cinderella's Prince. :)

Wow!! Very busy Fall for Harry which is great.

Yes, he is. In his role as Patron of Walking w/the Wounded IIRC.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

he told the little girl that he was not the prince of Cinderella, it was another prince .:lol:

I find very interesting Prince Harry worrying about global social problems... I think he inherited the kindness of Princess Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom