The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
When military exchanges take place there is normally going to be some time after the exchange for the personnel concerned to actually pass on the benefits - not happening with Harry as he is leaving the military too soon afterwards.
And this is the crux of the matter, isn't it. Any benefit Harry got from his time with our soldiers would be a benefit to him personally, not the British army. So, totally pointless as a military exchange.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Royal Highness

Well I don't know who told who what or what was passed on to who And I'm pretty sure no one on here knows either. Really time to move on IMO

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 05-23-2015, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
And this is the crux of the matter, isn't it. Any benefit Harry got from his time with our soldiers would be a benefit to him personally, not the British army. So, totally pointless as a military exchange.
To be honest, I don't know if I actually read this or I'm imagining I read it somewhere about Harry's trip to Australia was spending some time with the Australian military and their work with their wounded service personnel.

In this regard, if true, I think would not only benefit Harry personally but also give him an awareness first hand of what the programs are like in Australia and use that knowledge in his future work with the wounded. I seem to recall that he will still be very active in this regards but as a civilian.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 05-24-2015, 12:44 AM
Heir Apparent

I have read that $76 000 of the $115,000 was a precaution by Australian authorities, the cost of a plane to standby in case of a medical emergency.

He's in Norfolk today, seeing Charlotte for the first time, then the brothers are playing polo for their charities down in Gloucestershire.
Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1h1 hour ago
Prince Harry will attend the unveiling of the Bastion Memorial for Afghanistan vets at the National Arboretum in Staffordshire on June 11.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about Harry and William at the Audi Polo Challenge have been moved to the British Royal Family Current Events 8: April 2015- thread.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

From today at Oil Aid
https://twitter.com/HWalesWire/statu...421505/photo/1
Old 06-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Heir Apparent

The Queen has made Prince Harry a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order (KCVO)
Old 06-04-2015, 02:13 PM
Majesty

Congratulations to Prince Harry on his RVO.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Whoopie! Other honours will come in time, but this is her signal that she approves of his military past and future plans. IMHO.
Old 06-04-2015, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RE_DailyMail: Prince Harry was made a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order KCVO by his grandmother the Queen at BP today!

@CourtierUK: Prince Harry’s new bling. Star worn on [his] left, below medals, and insignia worn around neck. http://t.co/05OMcFDzeY
Old 06-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Making him a Knight Commander rather than Grand Cross allows the Queen to promote him at a future date for continuing service.

The RVO ranks behind the Order of the Garter, the Order of the Thistle, the Order of the Bath, The Order of Merit and the Order of St Michael and St George.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Congrats to Prince Harry. Some thought only Charles would be the one that would bestow an honor on Prince Harry, but I knew The Queen would honor Harry sooner.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Royal Highness

Prince Harry made a knight by The Queen
Old 06-04-2015, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to HRH Prince Harry upon his appointment as a Knight Commander of the Royal Victorian Order.

Prince Harry has been knighted by the Queen - hellomagazine.com
Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Wonderful news that I read on my twitter feed! It was about time for Harry to receive polished and prestigious recognitions!
Old 06-04-2015, 04:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Its a very nice honour for Harry. As he probably won't receive the Garter until his father's reign this is nice. He must be proud.

No sash (riband) though. That comes only with the highest grade. Knight Grand Cross Victorian Order (GCVO)
Old 06-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is wonderful news and I'm glad that Harry has been recognized by his grandmother for the things he does.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 06-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, this is good news. Recognition from a fond grandmother that Harry has done well. Congratulations to him.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interestingly the only adult royals who don't have the RVO are:

Charles, William, Kate, Beatrice, Eugenie and Marie-Christine.

Although in the past the future Kings were given this award in the reigns of parents or grandparents (George V received it from Queen Victoria as did his father) and Edward VIII was given it by his father. He in turn gave it to his mother.

George VI was also given it by his father but he was only the second son so no surprises there. Queen Elizabeth was not given the RVO but because the Sovereign of the Order when she ascended the throne. It seems that she intends for Charles to have the same experience - to only be RVO as Sovereign.

William is, as well as a KG and KT, an ADC to the Queen.

Tags
current events, harry, prince harry