Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Love the last 2 pictures! I'd love to see Harry have a go at archery with Robert Hardy!

Does Harry's lack of university education come into play regarding promotion?

My brother in law served in both the British and Canadian Army and retired a major but he needed to go back to school on two separate occasions to upgrade his education and he already had a bachelors degree,

I didn't think it was possible for officers in the modern army to advance without upgrading their education.

Military advancement depends on a variety of factors like who your parents are (LOL), time in service, military occupational/operational specialty, meritorious promotion and continuing education, to name a few.

Last edited:
Harry does so well in his engagements with service personnel, wounded vets etc. He blends in, is empathetic and has fun. I think he's terrific.

But this isn't about sentiment or comradeship etc. This is about appropriate medical care, training, facilities, rehabilitation, housing, counselling, financial. implications, re-training into other army roles and processing the leaving of the armed forces. This is really really difficult stuff - processing/management not just the soft skills. It's the Army above the individual.

This could be make or break in his career.
I don't think for one moment that this is all about warm fuzzies. But Harry has been working with all those you mentioned and more importantly, with the men and women who are in need of their services.

It is very difficult stuff and I have every faith in his capabilities. But what makes me irritated, that in some way, any achievement that Harry has is made out to be courtesy of other's hard work. As if all of the international military cooperation enabling the Invictus Games was done by someone else, that having seen the US Warrior Games his dreams of Invictus were not his own, that he just came and took all the credit. After all, he would have had to have dealt with the Army above the individual to get that off the ground.

Prince Harry at The Battle Back Centre yesterday. He met staff and students from Royal Marine Commandoes who are on the Multi Activity Course and had a go at archery.

Shame this engagement did not deserve entry on the Court Circular

I'll repeat myself but Harry is so great with kids! He looks so natural and interact with them with tenderness and fun at the same time...I really see Diana in him when he performs this kind of engagements!

Yeah he's such a natural with little ones

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Last edited:
Video:
Prince Harry has been to Full Effect, a project supported by The Royal Foundation to improve the opportunities for young people and reduce youth violence in St. Ann's, Nottingham-

Home - ITNSource News

I watched the video. Apparently he was at a bar/nightclub Friday night with a larger group of friends including "one of the Skarsgård brothers", don't know which but there you have it :p

Harry could enjoy and visit the Royal Family of Sweden. :)

I watched the video. Apparently he was at a bar/nightclub Friday night with a larger group of friends including "one of the Skarsgård brothers", don't know which but there you have it :p

there are many beautiful representatives of the genus homo sapiens in Stockholm!:flowers::lol:

A rough translation of the beginning of the article (as of now) by me. And some other points from it.

Here, Prince Harry is "lunching" in Stockholm

Here prince Harry is having lunch at the celebrity bar Richie in Stockholm.
The British royal spent the weekend partying att the nightclub V at stureplan, according to sources to the Expressen.
- They were a big group and seemed to have a very nice time. He was with one of the Skarsgård brothers, a guest said.

--
-Appearently he had at least 4 bodyguards with him.
-They stayed at the nightclub until almost closing.
-The table they had was closed of to the rest of the guests.
-Today he ate lunch and then went to a coffee house.
-KP said that they didn't know of any official reasons for him being there, nothing they could think of on the spot. And they said that if he was there privately they had no comment.

:previous: Awesome! Now...WHO was he with? That might give us more of a clue as to what he was up to.;)

:previous: Awesome! Now...WHO was he with? That might give us more of a clue as to what he was up to.;)
The only person seen in the video with him has dark hair. I don't know what his normal friends look like. The only one we "know" is one of the Skarsgård brothers was there :p

:previous: Mm...there are some on this forum that know the posse he hangs out with that could assist I think.:D

Harry is grounded: Prince to stay in Army... but he will never fly combat helicopters again* | Daily Mail Online
He once described his role as an Apache pilot fighting the Taliban as ‘the best experience ever’.

But Prince Harry has now decided never to fly a combat helicopter again.

The Prince, who spent five months in the cockpit of a gunship in Afghanistan, has opted to hang up his flying goggles, even though the Army is short of pilots.

Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year.

But The Mail on Sunday can reveal he has told military top brass he wants to continue working with injured troops before returning next year to his parent regiment, the Blues and Royals.

:previous: Mm...there are some on this forum that know the posse he hangs out with that could assist I think.:D
Probably are :p I'm not one of them.

But does he know any Swedes that we know of? Otherwise, going to Sweden to party (in the winter none the less) seems a little far fetched :p (Not to under-sell my country :p)

Probably are :p I'm not one of them.

But does he know any Swedes that we know of? Otherwise, going to Sweden to party (in the winter none the less) seems a little far fetched :p (Not to under-sell my country :p)

I'm not one of them either, I have enough issues remembering people in my own acquaintance!:cool: Someone might make a comment...

Anyone of these guys in there? Haha!
https://www.facebook.com/3877303245...730324586111/1080738041951999/?type=1&theater

His decision to leave flying sounds logical to me. Did he not make a comment about his struggle to keep up the flying hours because of royal duties?

Last edited:

Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year

No he wasn't - except for press making up a story. He was on secondment to the ARmy Air Corps and he went back to his regiment when the secondment finished. AAC are bringing in new helicopters to replace the Apache (this has been known for quite a while, certainly when Harry was still with them).

Going back always meant retraining for a job with a remarkably short time-span. At 30, he is past the optimum age for retraining - painful that 30 is deemed "old" - but his responses are already slowing.

Non-story. IMO it would help the DM if they read their previous output. Then stories like this would not appear.

Prince Harry, 30, or Captain Wales as he is called in the Forces, was expected to return to the skies with the Army Air Corps after arranging the Invictus Games – the Olympic-style event for wounded service personnel held in London last year

No he wasn't - except for press making up a story. He was on secondment to the ARmy Air Corps and he went back to his regiment when the secondment finished. AAC are bringing in new helicopters to replace the Apache (this has been known for quite a while, certainly when Harry was still with them).

Going back always meant retraining for a job with a remarkably short time-span. At 30, he is past the optimum age for retraining - painful that 30 is deemed "old" - but his responses are already slowing.

Non-story. IMO it would help the DM if they read their previous output. Then stories like this would not appear.
This seems very much like the truth.

That fellow beside Harry as they are coming out of the coffee house, zipping up their jackets, looks like Adam Bidwell. He's one of Harry's friends and used to go out with singer Katherine Jenkins. It could just have been a celebration of the birthday of one of the group.

That fellow beside Harry as they are coming out of the coffee house, zipping up their jackets, looks like Adam Bidwell. He's one of Harry's friends and used to go out with singer Katherine Jenkins. It could just have been a celebration of the birthday of one of the group.
Ok :) But still doesn't explain, why here? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom