Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is still in the Army. Harry has only been on secondment with the Army Air Corp. He is still in the Blues and Royals.

I know.. but I meant for someone who has always wanted to be an active soldier it must seem a step back to become a "mere" staff member in an office. It feels to me like there must be more of a reason behind his decision that bringing the Warrior Games to London.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
Prince Harry has left the Army Air Corps and will become a staff officer at the Army's headquarters in London, Kensington Palace says.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Harry will take the position of SO3 (Defence Engagement) and be based at Horse Guards in London.His job will involve coordinating big events

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 24s
Harry, who spent three and a half years training and serving as an Apache helicopter pilot, will retain the rank of Captain.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 4m
Prince Harry has quit his role as an Apache helicopter pilot in favour of a London desk job organising ceremonial events, KP announce today

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2m
he'll remain a Commissioned Officer in the Household Cavalry but will now take up a Staff Officer role at Horse Guards.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 51s
Harry will co-ordinate significant projects and commemorative events involving the Army.This also means he can now take on more royal duties

I know.. but I meant for someone who has always wanted to be an active soldier it must seem a step back to become a "mere" staff member in an office. It feels to me like there must be more of a reason behind his decision that bringing the Warrior Games to London.

This is an important role as Staff Officer and is part of development in going up the ranks as a professional soldier.

Flying Apache helicopters is a time-limited role - age is an important factor and there aren't many in there 30's! Also, he isn't going to see active service with them again.

I think that he also wants to settle down and be based in London to give his relationship with Cressida a chance to develop further.

So - career development; charitable opportunities with injured military personnel and a chance at a steady relationship - it's a WIN WIN WIN

EDIT: offical comment from Clarence House

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/med...-harry-ends-his-attachment-the-army-air-corps

Last edited:
Good news that Harry will be involved in ceremonial events and will be able to take on more official duties.

I hope this is what he wants. He's worked very hard to be an apache pilot. The training program is not easy and not everyone is able to complete it.

I tend to think that Cepe is right and this rotation may be based more on his age than his desires. The U.S. armed services tend to like their pilots on the younger side, so perhaps that is true in Britain.

Regardless, I am sure he will make the most of his new position.

I hope this is what he wants. He's worked very hard to be an apache pilot. The training program is not easy and not everyone is able to complete it.

I tend to think that Cepe is right and this rotation may be based more on his age than his desires. The U.S. armed services tend to like their pilots on the younger side, so perhaps that is true in Britain.

Regardless, I am sure he will make the most of his new position.
I thought about this too, and then realized what he will be working on will be uniquely his own. He's leveraging his position with his service in the Army to do something no one else would be able to do. It lets him continue to interact with mates in or who have given service - which clearly is what he loves.
If you look at his "hobbies" and pursuits, he really does like the city. He will go anywhere with his comrades in arms, but it is his mates that draw him there. He loved active duty not because of the rugged beauty of the landscape, but because it kept him out of the limelight and let him be a guy with equals.
He is not a Highgrove kind of guy but if there were maneuvers or games at Highrove - he'd be all over it. He is not a "quiet home in the country" kind of guy though.
He likes the energy of a football match, a concert, a day on the polo field or even Las Vegas and London.
This post lets him have it all. And it will keep him out of situations where he can explain what it means to be an Apache pilot who kills the enemy. ;)

I tend to agree. It is almost as if the "troops" (or in this case the heirs) are being recalled home. First William, now Harry, are being officially based back in London. Closer to "home base", if you will. Yes there is the added benefit that they will be doing more royal duties, but could it be that this is the main reason this recall is taking place? Yes, HM and DoE are aging and the inevitable could occur at any time, but I just keep wondering if there isn't another reason for the stepped up schedule. Could there be an undisclosed health issue that makes everyone think the inevitable may happen sooner rather than later?

Again, I have no reason or basis for this supposition, just a gut feeling.

I thought about this too, and then realized what he will be working on will be uniquely his own. He's leveraging his position with his service in the Army to do something no one else would be able to do. It lets him continue to interact with mates in or who have given service - which clearly is what he loves.
If you look at his "hobbies" and pursuits, he really does like the city. He will go anywhere with his comrades in arms, but it is his mates that draw him there. He loved active duty not because of the rugged beauty of the landscape, but because it kept him out of the limelight and let him be a guy with equals.
He is not a Highgrove kind of guy but if there were maneuvers or games at Highrove - he'd be all over it. He is not a "quiet home in the country" kind of guy though.
He likes the energy of a football match, a concert, a day on the polo field or even Las Vegas and London.
This post lets him have it all. And it will keep him out of situations where he can explain what it means to be an Apache pilot who kills the enemy. ;)
I agree that Harry is not a "quiet home in the country" kind of guy, but I am not sure that he isn't also a country estate kind of guy. I agree that he probably isn't into the same type of quiet introspection his father is--Harry probably doesn't garden or paint.

On the other hand, although Harry loves nightclubbing, he also loves polo, riding, shooting, fishing, hiking, etc... He can't do those things in the city. It's just my impression, but I don't think he does these activities just to hang out with his friends, he seems to enjoy being physically active and testing his endurance.

Just want to add that he isnt going to be just doing ceremonials but the press have picked up on that and emphasised it.

an example of ceremonials that he might be involved in is Trooping the Colour.

Before this news broke, I discussed Harrys options with my other half who is ex military. He came up with Staff Officer but said it was unlikely as he was only a Captain and usually it was someone more senior. His view is that this will probably be a short term secondment to HQ and then back to his regiment, learning to manage larger numbers of troops and promotion exams.

Of course all that might already have been mentioned in the press but Ive not looked at any since the news broke.

People get trained by the military at great expense and then leave, on a regular basis (how else is promotion possible?). I dont agree with those saying he has wasted ££ as he used his training to great effect and he is staying in the services.

I agree that Harry is not a "quiet home in the country" kind of guy, but I am not sure that he isn't also a country estate kind of guy. I agree that he probably isn't into the same type of quiet introspection his father is--Harry probably doesn't garden or paint.

On the other hand, although Harry loves nightclubbing, he also loves polo, riding, shooting, fishing, hiking, etc... He can't do those things in the city. It's just my impression, but I don't think he does these activities just to hang out with his friends, he seems to enjoy being physically active and testing his endurance.

I agree with your view about Harry but regarding the gardening and painting, isn't he said to do both?

With the war winding down, Britain will be reducing its military. Being an Apache pilot may not be feasible at this time. The military leaders may see a different role for Harry in the "new" peace time Army. Besides military needs, there are two other reasons for this change.

1. Charles has wanted a smaller leaner royal family - William and Katherine can not do it all and the older generation is just that senior citizens. So it may be time for Harry to shoulder more royal/public duty.

2. Being assigned to London will make it easier to plan a wedding and to help Cressie as a member of the royal family.

I think this is more evidence that there will be a royal wedding this year.

I tend to agree. It is almost as if the "troops" (or in this case the heirs) are being recalled home. First William, now Harry, are being officially based back in London. Closer to "home base", if you will. Yes there is the added benefit that they will be doing more royal duties, but could it be that this is the main reason this recall is taking place? Yes, HM and DoE are aging and the inevitable could occur at any time, but I just keep wondering if there isn't another reason for the stepped up schedule. Could there be an undisclosed health issue that makes everyone think the inevitable may happen sooner rather than later?

I have been thinking the same thing. Maybe HM has something wrong with her health wise, that we don't know off. Or maybe its nothing and we are just over-analyzing everything.

Well I wish HM the very best of health. :flowers:

I can see your point, but hopefully just the family firm at their planning best. I think there is a definite '5 yr (post-Jubilee) transitional plan' in place and we are in the midst of year 2

1 - Charles attending Commonwealth and State opening of Parliament
2 - William leaving the military, taking on investitures, moving to London full time. having babies and getting his family settled
3 - Harry transitioning and taking on a new role in London. and if things continue well then a 2015 wedding. the thing about Harry and Cress is they need to be together in an ongoing relationship in the same city - not just weekends here and vacations there to see if they are compatible.

The end result is the 2 Princes being settled in London - doing their own projects and assuming more royal duties.

The family firm does a great job of planning.

I agree with your view about Harry but regarding the gardening and painting, isn't he said to do both?
You could be right. I can't remember reading anything about Harry gardening or painting but I am sure he has done both.

I think of Harry as the type of person who is happy no matter where he is. I think he is a nightclubber, but he is also into country sports. I can see him having a home in the city and a nice country retreat--like most of the royal family.

Last edited:
Harry did Art for his A levels and painted some pretend indigenous Australian picture (I say pretend because he isn't an indigenous Australian and only they do the genuine article). It was the subject that lead to the allegations of a teacher having to do the work for him. He earned a B for Art (and a D for Geography).

That would suggest that he has some interest in painting if he did it for his A levels but whether he still paints I am not sure.

You could be right. I can't remember reading anything about Harry gardening or painting but I am sure he has done both.

I think of Harry as the type of person who is happy no matter where he is. I think he is a nightclubber, but he is also into country sports. I can see him having a home in the city and a nice country retreat--like most of the royal family.

Well, he gave input on the design of a garden at the Chelsea flower show. As to how much he gets in there and plants/weeds... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thinking clubbing is a phase, plus you need friends to "club" with. They are all either married or engaged. But I'm disappointed that he's into burger bars as there are better options!

Wills and Kate used to go clubbing - not any more.

I thinking clubbing is a phase, plus you need friends to "club" with. They are all either married or engaged. But I'm disappointed that he's into burger bars as there are better options!

Maybe he likes a good burger. If you like a good burger and you've found a burger bar that serves a good burger, there is no better option! :D

And I'd rather see Harry going to a burger bar than staggering out of the other sort of bar in the early hours.

Last edited:
Maybe he likes a good burger. If you like a good burger and you've found a burger bar that serves a good burger, there is no better option! :D

And I'd rather see Harry going to a burger bar than staggering out of the other sort of bar in the early hours.

and a cheap date ;)

Byron Burgers are good.. I wish we had them over here. We only have the cheap option.

Thanks to everyone for the examples of Harry's interest in painting and gardening--I just couldn't remember any when I posted. He may love Byron Burgers (I like a good burger now and then), but I can also see him happy on a country estate. I don't think he has to be in the city.

Harry stops flying
17-01-2014

Britain's Prince Harry (29) stops as a helicopter pilot in the army. He is going to organize major commemorative events at Defence. That the British press reported Friday on the authority of Kensington Palace. Harry takes his new military role once he has completed. His three-year tenure with the Air Force

https://www.anpfoto.nl/royalimages/search.pp?eventid=1711442

Prince Harry quits job as helicopter pilot in bid to bring injured servicemen's 'Olympics' to London

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2014011716569/prince-harry-quits-helicopter-pilot/

Prince Harry leaving the helicopter pilot to start working on the Army headquarters in London

http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actualidad/17-01-2014/105750/casasreales/

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...alidad/17-01-2014/105750/casasreales/&act=url

Prince Harry switches helicopter with desk

http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/england/prins-harry-skifter-helikopter-ud-med-skrivebord

https://translate.google.com.tr/tra...-skifter-helikopter-ud-med-skrivebord&act=url

Last edited:
Zonk isn't it about time for this sub forum to just be Harry's ? William has his own and all the threads here are strictly Harry's.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 22h
Prince Harry partied with Made in Chelsea cast at @BodosSchloss tonight, Thursday. No sign of Cressida Bonas.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 9h
Prince Harry is on a train to Leeds, with "secret service blokes, a posh city boy type and 2 blonde girls" who look alike!

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 8h
Prince Harry had cheese and pickle over the salmon and lemon mayonnaise, and also red wine on the train.

Harry also fell asleep on one blonde's lap. Cressie??? hungover from Bodo's last night for sure.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 5h
Pic of Prince Harry today!!! -- "@LivM4321 Dad met prince Harry on the train, he was watching breaking bad! Hahaha pic.twitter.com/zckdtJ3yye"

Zonk isn't it about time for this sub forum to just be Harry's ? William has his own and all the threads here are strictly Harry's.

The threads that are in this section are about William and Henry prior to the marriage, christenings, who their friends are, what roles they should play, family discussions etc.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 22h
Prince Harry partied with Made in Chelsea cast at @BodosSchloss tonight, Thursday. No sign of Cressida Bonas.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 9h
Prince Harry is on a train to Leeds, with "secret service blokes, a posh city boy type and 2 blonde girls" who look alike!

Prince Harry had cheese and pickle over the salmon and lemon mayonnaise, and also red wine on the train.

Harry also fell asleep on one blonde's lap. Cressie??? hungover from Bodo's last night for sure.

Harry & Cressida ‏@HarryCressida 5h
Pic of Prince Harry today!!! -- "@LivM4321 Dad met prince Harry on the train, he was watching breaking bad! Hahaha pic.twitter.com/zckdtJ3yye"

I'm going to go with stalkerrrrr :whistling::whistling::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom