Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is going to Australia - from Twitter.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 40m
Prince Harry will be going to Australia on 4th October to review more than 40 warships as part of the 'International Fleet review' in Sydney

Prince Harry Watch ‏@HWalesWatch 44m
SYDNEY will welcome more than 40 warships into the harbour & Prince Harry to celebrate the International Fleet Review http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...00-olympic-games/story-fngr8h22-1226723791935

trip to Australia for the Fleet Review confirmed. Harry will also visit Perth.

First official trip to Australia.

phil dampier ‏@phildampier 5h
Prince Harry will attend a reception at Royal Society tonight for MapAction - helps provied info and maps in disaster zones.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 8m
Prince Harry has arrived at the Royal Society in London to attend a reception for disaster relief organisation MapAction.

Last edited:
deanpiper ‏@deanpiper 15m
And Prince Harry and Cressida are looking cute as can be on the balcony too. Great turn out for the #moonlanding launch! #jamesblunt

Prince Henry is at the James Blunt concert at the Tabernacle. Beatrice is also there.

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2h
#royal Prince #Harry Patron of Rugby Football Union (RFU) All Schools Programme, will join a coaching session at Twickenham Stadium Oct 17th

@jonathansamuels: #PrinceHarry has touched down, down under. Quiet night in his hotel (we believe) before taking part in Fleet Review on harbour tomorrow.

@HWalesWatch: PICTURES: Prince Harry arrives in Sydney on commercial flight - http://t.co/IGBK9sA6XB

Last edited:
Another engagement for Harry
Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 12m
Prince Harry will open the Royal British Legion Centre for Blast Injury Studies at Imperial College London on October 17.

Harry has sure been busy with royal engagements. Looking forward to seeing pictures of him tomorrow (preferably in uniform : ) )

OMG tony Abbott is an embarrassment.....I reckon he thought this was the royal version of "the farmer wants a wife" As if Prince Harry is going to be interested in Australia's version of the Bush family.
I can hear Tony now prepping up the girls before meeting the Prince

''aaah now girls ahhhhh I dont have to remind youse of how important ahhhh this day is it could ahhh change our lives ahhh forever. One of youse could become Princess ahhh Harry. I want youse to ahhh charm the pants ahh off him. Thats right short ahh skirts and heels."

The PM's daughters are greeting him with a "Hi" when introduced. Isnt the basic protocol that on first greeting he should be said "Your Royal Highness"..
In the first place..are daughters necessary there? If not to spice up things..
And this family are first to be expected to follow the most basic of protocol.. anyways curtseying has gone to dogs ages ago.. But greeting him with "Hi"..too much informality.. Anyways no one seems to have a problem.. Good for them..

Last edited:
Video:
Prince Harry boards HMAS Leeuwin-
Prince Harry boards HMAS Leeuwin - Sunrise

I dont know the credibility of this news channel. But it is so much awash in Harry-mania,talking about his hotel, its rooms and clubs rather than focussing more on its own national leaders and the day's occasion of national pride.. God am I becoming a Republican..
And it is very erroneously flashing Prince Harry will review the fleet..
NO HE WILL NOT. He is there just as a guest.
The Governor-General, representing The Queen will review the fleet. Prince Harry doesnt represent The Queen. The GG does. And she hardly gets shown or mentioned (I have seen the footage of her, its so amateur and callous).
Maybe is the Australian way..chill..informal..and have fun..Its good..

Last edited:
I dont know the credibility of this news channel. But it is so much awash in Harry-mania,talking about his hotel, its rooms and clubs rather than focussing more on its own national leaders and the day's occasion of national pride.. God am I becoming a Republican..
And it is very erroneously flashing Prince Harry will review the fleet..
NO HE WILL NOT. He is there just as a guest.
The Governor-General, representing The Queen will review the fleet. Prince Harry doesnt represent The Queen. The GG does. And she hardly gets shown or mentioned (I have seen the footage of her, its so amateur and callous).
Maybe is the Australian way..chill..informal..and have fun..Its good..

vkrish, Sunrise is morning tv for the masses. Not what you would call intellectual. So yes it is embarrassing to have them comment in that way. It is the equivalent to a glossy magazine.

My favourite quote is that 1000's turn up to see Prince Harry - not the event!

The PM's daughters are greeting him with a "Hi" when introduced. Isnt the basic protocol that on first greeting he should be said "Your Royal Highness"..
In the first place..are daughters necessary there? If not to spice up things..
And this family are first to be expected to follow the most basic of protocol.. anyways curtseying has gone to dogs ages ago.. But greeting him with "Hi"..too much informality.. Anyways no one seems to have a problem.. Good for them..

I was interested to note the lack of formality from monarchist Tony Abbott and his family. But it could have been worse.....the girls could have greeted him with "G'day".

I think the lack of formality was appropriate though, and I doubt Harry cared one bit.

I had a number of friends who went to the review yesterday. They said they didn't even know Harry was there and couldn't have cared less that he was - they were there to see the ships and the fireworks.

As for how the Abbott girls greeted Harry - nothing wrong with that. I remember hearing how Dennis Lillee greeted The Queen and Philip at BP in 1972 and it was 'gday' and then 5 years later he asked The Queen for her autograph while again in a receiving line. She refused on the day but later sent him a signed photo of their meeting. It is simply the Aussie way. As for curtseying why? It says 'I am inferior to you' when Australians don't believe that is possible at all.

As for Abbott's comments - cringeworthy and embarrassing from a leader of an independent country. I know that he is a monarchist but he also knows that many Australians aren't.

I was interested to note the lack of formality from monarchist Tony Abbott and his family. But it could have been worse.....the girls could have greeted him with "G'day".

I think the lack of formality was appropriate though, and I doubt Harry cared one bit.

I doubt the royals can afford to "care" about such things anymore.. Especially in other "realms"..where they are hanging by a loose (not so loose, though) rope..

I don't think it's so much as they can't afford to care as Harry and William are of a different generation than most other royals. They don't seem to be as interested in the more formal aspects of things as the older generation - which if you consider it, is really within line with how a lot of people in their 20s and 30s behave.

:previous: Hmmm I am just unable to accept that all this bowing, curtseying, "Your Majesty" etc etc..the real grace of monarchy..will all die out by the time William comes to throne..:sad:
Maybe people who are 2 generations behind think its already dead..long ago..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom