Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the pics, but especially the ones of William touch my heart. Seeing that man interact with children and people in need never gets old. Very special indeed! And I want to give the person dressed up as a teddy in uniform a big hug......

This is so very true! Both brothers have a gift for interacting with people. They're a joy to watch.

Is the UK store, TK Maxx related to the US TJ Maxx?

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 39m
June 4th #PrinceHarry will unveil a walkway plaque commemorating the royal wedding outside Westminster Abbey on behalf of The Outdoor Trust.

Outdoor Trust#

Are there other commemoration wedding plaques stuck to the outside of Westminster Abbey?

Are there other commemoration wedding plaques stuck to the outside of Westminster Abbey?

No - I thought it would be a plaque in the pavement as part of a walk, rather like the Jubilee Trail which was installed in 1977.

But I can't find a website or info for the Outdoor Trust so I'm a tad confused by this.

Odd to me. Thx for saying it was part of a walk. I misread the tweet. Still odd...

To me, it resembles to much the "Hollywood Walk of Fame." Is that what they really want????????

Last edited:
Here is a link to The Jubilee Walk. Its about key sites in London

Jubilee Walkway Route Overview

"A classic collection of the capital’s most iconic landmarks awaits you on the 15 mile (24 km) long Jubilee Walkway. Designed to celebrate Her Majesty The Queen’s Silver Jubilee in 1977, the original route connects all of the city’s most famous sights, from Buckingham Palace to the stately dome of St Paul’s. Later, to celebrate Her Majesty’s 50 years’ reign two additional loops were added encompassing Bloomsbury and the City itself."

I can't see a reason for another walk hence my confusion

Video:
HARRY UNVEILS PLAQUE COMMEMORATING 2011 ROYAL WEDDING:
Prince Harry unveils a walkway information plaque outside Westminster Abbey on behalf of The Outdoor Trust. The plaque commemorates the 2011 Royal Wedding of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and is a feature of two London walkway routes - The Jubilee Walkway and The Jubilee Greenway. Shows: gvs Harry's car arriving, Hgvs Harry talking to people, Harry unveiloing plaque, gvs Harry's car leaving-
Home - ITNSource News

Its a bit odd that Harry is the one doing the unveiling IMO, especially since William and Kate were just at the abbey as well.

ALso, here is a pic of Harry at the unveiling
http://instagram.com/p/aI8GxqpN89/#

Last edited:
Its a bit odd that Harry is the one doing the unveiling IMO, especially since William and Kate were just at the abbey as well.

ALso, here is a pic of Harry at the unveiling
Photo by kieranbro • Instagram

My guess is that Harry is more involved with Outdoor Trust than William and Kate.

I don't know where to post this and I haven't found anything in this thread about this incident: Harry hyldes: Reddede homo-kollega fra tæv - TV 2 Nyhederne

The paper Daily Mail bring an exerpt from a book written by James Wharton who is gay and who served under Prince Harry.
During an exersize in Canada, James Wharton litterally sought refuge with Prince Harry, because a group of infantrymen were out to beat him up.
Apparantly James Wharton had talked about having sex with one of the comerades of the group and that person had not gone out yet. - Whether that was a smart thing to do is of course debatable, anyway, he was now to be beaten up and as James Wharton had previously been committed to hospital for being beaten because he was gay he was understandebly frightened.
James Wharton said to Prince Harry: "I think the infantrymen will kill me". And he started to cry. Prince Harry replied: "OK, I'll stop this **** once and for all".
Prince Harry then dressed down the soldiers and then informed a superiour officer before reassuring James Wharton.

Prince Harry has been commended for the way he handled this. Even though Harry "just did" what is expected from a professional officer I also believe he should be commended for his correct handling of this incident.

- Sorry, haven't been able to log on to Daily Mail for more info.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oops-threatened-gunner.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Last edited:
Prince Harry has been commended for the way he handled this. Even though Harry "just did" what is expected from a professional officer I also believe he should be commended for his correct handling of this incident.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online

This shows me just how much Harry is maturing and not only has charisma which comes out with almost every article printed about him, but he's also a man of conviction, self confidence and definitely can assume a leadership position.

I don't know where to post this and I haven't found anything in this thread about this incident: Harry hyldes: Reddede homo-kollega fra tæv - TV 2 Nyhederne

The paper Daily Mail bring an exerpt from a book written by James Wharton who is gay and who served under Prince Harry.
During an exersize in Canada, James Wharton litterally sought refuge with Prince Harry, because a group of infantrymen were out to beat him up.
Apparantly James Wharton had talked about having sex with one of the comerades of the group and that person had not gone out yet. - Whether that was a smart thing to do is of course debatable, anyway, he was now to be beaten up and as James Wharton had previously been committed to hospital for being beaten because he was gay he was understandebly frightened.
James Wharton said to Prince Harry: "I think the infantrymen will kill me". And he started to cry. Prince Harry replied: "OK, I'll stop this **** once and for all".
Prince Harry then dressed down the soldiers and then informed a superiour officer before reassuring James Wharton.

ADDED.

Here is the story in Daily Mail: Harry saved me from gay hate attack: Prince in extraordinary showdown with troops who threatened gunner | Mail Online

Very well done, Harry.

This shows me just how much Harry is maturing and not only has charisma which comes out with almost every article printed about him, but he's also a man of conviction, self confidence and definitely can assume a leadership position.

Actually this was some time ago - pre Vegas I think.

Meanwhile... Harry has been taking part in an Apache display team at the Cosford Air Show

Prince Harry takes to the air show in his Apache helicopter - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Apparently chosen because of his expertise ;)

Actually this was some time ago - pre Vegas I think.

Meanwhile... Harry has been taking part in an Apache display team at the Cosford Air Show

Prince Harry takes to the air show in his Apache helicopter - UK - News - London Evening Standard

Apparently chosen because of his expertise ;)

Yeps.. it was back in 2008. Made me realize that even the most mature, upstanding, people with the people skills and the leadership ability can have a silly, goofy, happy-go-lucky, devil may care side to them. Its called balance.

Yeps.. it was back in 2008. Made me realize that even the most mature, upstanding, people with the people skills and the leadership ability can have a silly, goofy, happy-go-lucky, devil may care side to them. Its called balance.

I agree 100%. ITs easy to stereotype people by a single event but I always think thats a mistake. With Harry, he takes his on-duty life in the military seriously and always has done - we just never get to hear about it.

when he's off duty and letting his hair down - everyone is all over him.

You're right - its called balance and the media tend to make people 1 dimensional.

Thanks for this.

August...interesting. This could be an excellent ploy to distract the Australian public from the elections. Current government expected to be obliterated.

Would be happy to have him over but would absolutely hate to have the Australian tax payer foot the bill!:ermm:

August...interesting. This could be an excellent ploy to distract the Australian public from the elections. Current government expected to be obliterated.

Would be happy to have him over but would absolutely hate to have the Australian tax payer foot the bill!:ermm:

Then again, Harry might want to experience an Oz winter. Remains to be seen though if this is actually confirmed as an official visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom