Prince Harry Current Events 27: April 2013-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only wish all our Australian friends the best of luck in their chances of meeting Harry!

With regard to future security for Harry, I would have no problem in whatever security arrangements there might be for him if he were to spend time in Africa, provided what he does out there has great value and worth to the people he is helping and we back in the UK have some understanding of what he is actually doing.

Harry is independently wealthy so outside security, he costs the crown very little.
We should be rejoicing that he plans a career with his charities, Harry could easily retire to a large estate or join wealthy jet setters.

Since the games, how much time has Harry spent in the active Army?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Harry expenses are covered by his father's income from the DoC which the money will go to his brother when Charles becomes King. Harry isn't going to a have a private income source like his brother and father will. Harry has inherited 10-20 million but that isn't going to sustain a jet set lifestyle or a large estate for very long.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Given the state of the world, I don't think Harry can ever be without security. :sad:

One advantage of working in the armed services, even as a civil adjunct, is that it comes with a built in level of security for much of the work day. Of course, an office in BP does that as well, but I've always thought Harry had too much wanderlust to live a life in any single pile of bricks.

Because if Harry isn't in the military, isn't doing UK Royal stuff and starts jet setting around the world but isn't seen actually doing anything- it could be Airmiles Andy part 2.

That was my immediate thought.

I always thought Andrew made a mistake in leaving the navy when he did; I hope Harry won't regret this decision.

We will have to wait to see how much charity work Harry does or if he becomes Holiday Harry.

Was it Charles' idea to get Harry to join the protection of red squirrels or was it Harry's idea to protect one of his own? :D

I think Harry has gotten away with a lot because he was young and wild. When he hits 40 this benefit will be gone, even more so, should he not be doing something of purpose by then and live a luxury lifestyle for everyone to see. I agree with other posters that he is at a difficult crossroads now.

And just in case after 'Airmiles Andy' follows 'Holiday Harry', we know for sure that the british tabloids read TRF. We've seen it here first! :lol:

Well I'm glad he won't be in another combat.
If he needs a role model in being a decent royal, it's his aunt Anne.

Well I'm glad he won't be in another combat.
If he needs a role model in being a decent royal, it's his aunt Anne.
While I deeply respect and admire our Princess Royal, why only Anne? Edward is the poster child for overcoming the innate difficulties of "having an ordinary life" in the UK.

Both he and his wife tried to have careers but it didn't matter what they tried, they were always accused of "using the BRF", and sadly Harry would be in the same position were it not for learning from his uncle and aunt. So, like them, he seems set the go the "Royal" way of becoming a Full Time Royal which really only allows him to function in a limited sphere of a mix of royal and charity apperarances.

On the upside, I see he has taken the plight of the Red Squirrel, one of his father's pet projects, to heart. Here's to hoping he becomes more involved with his father's charities.

On the upside, I see he has taken the plight of the Red Squirrel, one of his father's pet projects, to heart. Here's to hoping he becomes more involved with his father's charities.

I agree. :flowers: I think it would be perfect for Harry to step into Charles' Prince's Trust.

According to Robert Jobson (via Twitter and Evening Standard) Harry is leaving the Armed Forces in June. He will spend 4 weeks in April and May seconded to the Australian Defence Force. He is expected to spend time at Army Barracks in Darwin, Perth and Sydney. He will then undertake a toyal tour of NZ in May after the secondment.

According to Jobson he is spending time in Africa this summer as well.

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunised him from criticism.

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunised him from criticism.

Yes I hope he finds a job that will keep him busy, happy, and be worthwhile with not too many holidays

I hope Harry has thought this through. The army was his get out of jail free card and immunized him from criticism.

I have a hunch he didn't have a choice. :ermm: He had become a liability. My suspicion is that this has been a done-deal since the Las Vegas episode (and all the hoopla with the naked soldiers on-line in 'solidarity' with Harry) as well as the unfortunate interview in Afghanistan that followed. Basically, he was given desk-duty and had to lay low for a considerable time so that when he exited it would not look like a cause-and-effect. That's my hunch.

He cooked his goose a long while back. They did it this way because (let's face it) he's royal. This way, he's 'saved face'.

Last edited:
:previous: I don't think that at all. The military situation has totally changed in both Afghanistan and Iraq, so too the military deployments. Add to that the fact that flying Apache's is a "young man's game" and Harry started out later than his fellow pilots.

If I know anything, it's the military attitude to "boys (Officers) will be boys" and love him or hate him, Harry was one of the best "Poster Boy's" for the Military in decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom