The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 09:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Getting back to current events.... The story of Harry going to Australia to take the salute for the centenary fleet review has re-emerged in the Telegraph

Prince Harry is asked to set sail in Australia - Telegraph

The article mentions that although he is in the army he is also Commodore-in-Chief of Small Ships and Diving.

Personally I dont think he should go - I think it should be the Queen or Prince Charles - he, at least, has served in the Navy and is a senior royal. IT is an important event for Australia and it should have a senior royal attend.
Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!

By the way, the publicity is already generating interest, at least in the UK so their plan is working, even if he is a no show...they are clever!

Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Hate to burst your bubble Cepe but my understanding is that he is being scouted for his media appeal so the event maximizes world coverage. An older member of the RF would not be as interesting to the world media. He is sought for the media attention he attracts, his celebrity if you like. Notice they are hoping he will hit Sydney's night spots hard! They are hoping for a Vegas style coverage!
And that is exactly why Charles or Andrew should attend the event not Henry.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:07 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
And that is exactly why Charles or Andrew should attend the event not Henry.
It would defeat the purpose and not likely to give a "return to their investment". Won't get their money's worth if you like.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Courtier

This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign (or previously represented by Guv-General/Viceroy) or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.
Actually the article doesnt confirm Harry's name. It just says one from RF will be there.
I am not sure Aussie Navy will be happy to have Harry at this "highest-profile event". Prince of Wales or atleast Duke of York/Princess Royal will do..
Old 03-17-2013, 08:31 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkrish View Post
This is not a fund-raising or something like that to do on basis of popularity and "getting back your money".
I really dont know how seriously Australian Navy seriously takes its Fleet Review.
But I think that it a very symbolic occasion to show off all their ships and naval might.
I dont think Harry is yet old enough to take salute at a Fleet Review.
In fact, till now till now its only the Sovereign or The Prince of Wales (the latter only in case of ever-mourning Victoria) who takes salute at Fleet Review.
Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry's tour in Afghanistan | Spletnik.ru
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 03-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry is actively in the mirror, and 3rd in line to the throne. Does anyone really think the military would prefer seeing Andrew, Anne or Edward? Not in this case.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Does it matter anymore? I mean, it is Australia not England and we don't much stand for that kind of thing anymore. Well, maybe the older generations do still but the idea of the invite is about coverage not tradition so much. And besides, most of the participants will be young and would prefer to see Henry than Charlie. You know, contemporary rather than a grandfather figure.
What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
What I don't get is the point. What benefit does our Navy consider it will get from having world coverage for the Fleet Review? Surely everyone knows we have a navy, but other than other countries' navies, who else overseas will care? I'm quite sure that very few people in Australia who are not past or present serving members will give a damn about the Centenary Fleet Review. The only interest his visit holds for me is the possibility Harry will indeed do a Vegas in The Cross and make an idiot of himself.

If we do have to have a member of the BRF here for the occasion, I wish it were Charles, as I consider he is the only one who is appropriate. At a pinch, William, because one day he will be king and therefore at least has the potential - ie. should we not become a republic before then - to have a constitutional role in Australia. Neither Andrew nor Harry do, and Harry's too young, IMO.
Actually Roslyn, I think you are right, on all points, except that I do wish none of them would be invited as we don't have the need for it. But I am sure it is for publicity Henry is pursued and the hope of a Vegas as well as possibly to tackle what you have mentioned and try and engage the local disinterested (possible recruits?), especially if he hits the town!! Charles and Camilla did not attract the attention they are looking for, on their recent visit they were taken to existing (public filled) events. I am sure Harry could manage much more interest, especially from star struck girls.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).
Old 03-24-2013, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
According to some tweets, Harry went to the movies today

Amberley Quinn ‏@amberquinnxo 4h
OMG prince harry is in the pictures with us!!!!!

Royal Fever ‏@RoyalFeverBlog 3h
Prince Harry sighted at the movies in London today (via @amberquinnxo and @izoconnor).
WITH WHOM??????
Old 03-25-2013, 04:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:

WITH WHOM??????
Does it matter?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Does it matter?
Matter? Probably not, but I am interested to know if he took Cressida with him (or not).

Jullietteeeee, ajuda me. Sabes alguma coisa? Ela foi ou nao?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Jullietteeeee, ajuda me. Sabes alguma coisa? Ela foi ou nao?
The tweets that Julliette posted say no mention of Cressida and if you look at any UK newspaper you'll see that Henry is not the front cover story. He probably wanted to lie low whilst going to the cinema, and succesfully managed it. We do not know if he managed it with Cressida by his side.

However something to keep you "interested": Wild Prince Strikes: Prince Harry to Party with Jennifer Lawrence, GF Cressida Bonas Jealous? - Entertainment & Stars
Old 03-25-2013, 06:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
The tweets that Julliette posted say no mention of Cressida and if you look at any UK newspaper you'll see that Henry is not the front cover story. He probably wanted to lie low whilst going to the cinema, and succesfully managed it. We do not know if he managed it with Cressida by his side.

However something to keep you "interested": Wild Prince Strikes: Prince Harry to Party with Jennifer Lawrence, GF Cressida Bonas Jealous? - Entertainment & Stars
Hahaha! I saw that article but did not read it. I do know that he is planning a trip to the US and though this article would most likely take speculation further than I like or think feasible. Have you read it? Am I right?

By the way, thank you for trying to feed my addiction. I am trying to give it up, again, but probably need a bit more time...

Julliette is a good tweet tracker. I begged her to seek on my behalf in Portuguese to encourage her. Mm, I hope she can read my version of Portuguese. I mean who are these people that only notice him???? Don't they know I want to have more information? Honestly, people are so selfish these days!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Hahaha! I saw that article but did not read it. I do know that he is planning a trip to the US and though this article would most likely take speculation further than I like or think feasible. Have you read it? Am I right?
I'm not sure what you mean but the article just seems like people playing up Henry's party attitude. Similar to the recent Fleet Review story about him partying in Aus.

Quote:
Julliette is a good tweet tracker. I begged her to seek on my behalf in Portuguese to encourage her. Mm, I hope she can read my version of Portuguese. I mean who are these people that only notice him???? Don't they know I want to have more information? Honestly, people are so selfish these days!
I follow people and have saved searches on royals, mainly for engagement information but gossip usually pops up. Henry is quite easy to recognise, apparently he waved at the girls who saw him and they noted he was wearing a baseball cap. If nothing makes the newspaper it's Henry trying to have a quiet night alone and I think he should be able to do without people constantly after him.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:36 AM
Nobility

Lumutqueen, by "this article would most likely take speculation further than I like or think feasible" I meant that I though the article is "a gossip piece". I think you confirmed it.

I use a lot of words, don't I? You are a more precise and direct communicator. I am also a bit of a larrican, the part I like most about Henry.

Generally speaking, do you find it difficult to understand my posts? (I am curious, not a trick question).
Old 03-25-2013, 06:46 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Generally speaking, do you find it difficult to understand my posts? (I am curious, not a trick question).
Nope I understand you just fine and SJP just confirmed Henry's trip to the US.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:52 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Nope I understand you just fine and SJP just confirmed Henry's trip to the US.
He will most certainly be under the microscope for this one!