The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Prince Harry

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Nobility

I think it's a celebration to honor the Australian Navy and they wanted to ask for a royal to be there to make it even more special. I don't think it was a snub to any heroes just a celebration of the heroes and their service. He's not representing your country, but honoring it.

If he is able to go:)

Old 03-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Like it or not, the Royal Family maintains a relationship with Australia and it would be perfectly appropriate for Prince Harry to take on a military patronage there if asked and it if can be arranged.
I disagree. I find it a conflict of interest. He is English and serves the English (as he should). We are Australian and have had many of our loved ones die at the hands of the English (hence why we allied with the US after WW2), members of my family included. I believe it is no longer appropriate for the RF to represent us, they are entirely disconnected from our day to day life, struggles and successes. No doubt the reason why our Governor General has to be Australian.

I have no problem in them having a "relationship" with us, so long as they are not pretending to represent us. They do not. We watched as they actively and enthusiastically supported the English against the Australians at the olympics. Not a problem, just don't ever expect me to believe these people have our interest at heart. They don't.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
I think it's a celebration to honor the Australian Navy and they wanted to ask for a royal to be there to make it even more special. I don't think it was a snub to any heroes just a celebration of the heroes and their service. He's not representing your country, but honoring it.

If he is able to go:)
Thank you Anna, that sounds more appealing to me...
Old 03-06-2013, 10:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I am disappointed that royal patronage was requested by our armed forces. We have so many heroes hereabouts that would have represented us more appropriately. Harry is English not Australian. I hope the invitation was for him to represent his country, not ours.
I, too, am disappointed about this. I suppose that as long as it is the "Royal" Australian Navy, this sort of thing is going to happen. Cheeses me off though.

ETA Maybe it's because it's Harry though. If it were Charles I'd probably feel delighted.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I, too, am disappointed about this. I suppose that as long as it is the "Royal" Australian Navy, this sort of thing is going to happen. Cheeses me off though.

ETA Maybe it's because it's Harry though. If it were Charles I'd probably feel delighted.
Again that's not what's happening as I stated above. Honoring the navy nothing more. Celebrating the navy nothing more.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Nobility

Harry has got himself some new patronages!!! Yay! Go Harry!

http://www.people.com/people/mobile/...679924,00.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle3707760.ece

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8524471.html
Old 03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

He's now Patron of The Halo Trust's 25th Anniversary Celebrations and Patron of the Rugby Football Union’s All Schools Programme.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
He's now Patron of The Halo Trust's 25th Anniversary Celebrations and Patron of the Rugby Football Union’s All Schools Programme.
Yes. Thank you being more specific than I was. I need to actually say what his new patronages are. :)

The Halo Trust has to do with landmines I believe which is what is mother very famously advocated for.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Catherine View Post
Yes. Thank you being more specific than I was. I need to actually say what his new patronages are. :)

The Halo Trust has to do with landmines I believe which is what is mother very famously advocated for.
Some information on the two new Patronages;

The Halo Trust - We have over 8,000 full-time staff in 13 countries, with on-going surveys into new regions. By December 2012, twenty-four years after founding HALO, we have reached some important milestones that include:

Over 1.4 million landmines destroyed
Over eleven million items of larger calibre ordnance destroyed
Over 195,000 cluster munitions destroyed
Over fifty three million bullets destroyed
Over 3,300 heavy weapon systems immobilised
Over 160,000 assault rifles destroyed
Over 9,800 minefields cleared
31,875 hectares (78,764 acres) made safe from landmines
143,429 hectares (354,420 acres) made safe from unexploded and abandoned ordnance
14,345 kilometres (8,914 miles) of roads cleared

25th Anniversary Press Release

The website doesn't mention Diana which I think is testament to their amazing work.

Rugby Football Union’s All Schools Programme - Prince Harry announced as Patron of RFU's All Schools programme

Quote:
The RFU firmly believes that rugby union is a game for All Schools – all schools and all young people in a school can play, and rugby can have a positive impact on all of the school. Currently, around 1,500 state secondary schools play competitive rugby union. As Patron, Prince Harry will support the RFU in its ambition for 750 more to be self-sufficient rugby playing schools by the Rugby World Cup 2019, and to encourage new players to join local clubs.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

#!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I am disappointed that royal patronage was requested by our armed forces. We have so many heroes hereabouts that would have represented us more appropriately. Harry is English not Australian. I hope the invitation was for him to represent his country, not ours.
It's being comfirmed that this story about Harry going to Australia for the fleet review isn't true. He was never going.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:37 AM
Royal Highness

Very good news of Harry's involvement with Halo! Can we expect a visit to one of the countries they are in?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Very good news of Harry's involvement with Halo! Can we expect a visit to one of the countries they are in?
Well that would entirely be up to Halo. All we got today is news of the new patronage.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I did think he would get involved with Halo and I think it's great.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's being comfirmed that this story about Harry going to Australia for the fleet review isn't true. He was never going.
Aaaah, my faith in our armed forces (and their PR people) have been restored...thank you Dman, you have made my day!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
As his close friend Cressida Bonas attended the wedding of Isabella Calthorpe and Sam Branson, Prince Harry downed a few drinks at the Brown Cow pub in west London.

While Cressida Bonas attended the wedding of her half-sister Isabella Calthorpe and Sam Branson at a safari lodge on the edge of the Kruger National Park, her close friend Prince Harry was in more familiar surroundings.
Mandrake can disclose that the Prince spent Wednesday evening at the Brown Cow in Fulham, west London. The pub, which is owned by his “mentor” Mark Dyer, is where Harry had also headed on the first Saturday after his return from Afghanistan.
Prince Harry’s absence from the wedding may disappoint Cressida, whom he had joined on a skiing holiday in the Alps last month. He was in South Africa last week on a charity visit, but decided not to stay on.
Prince Harry keeps a date with the Brown Cow as Cressida Bonas parties - Telegraph

So she's now his close friend?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM
Nobility

^ I think they are saying that because he was not at the wedding with her. But aren't they missing the fact the he's back to work? His military leave is up right? Actually I find it funny because the media made this big deal about them supposedly going to the wedding together and then had to back of their comments.

Damage control!!! Lol
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
Aristocracy

Richard Palmer had said he isn't back to work yet. But, would be in a couple of days. Maybe he didn't want to go. I mean geez all the media was marrying these two off already they've been barely dating..since most of the relationship he was in Afghanistan.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
Richard Palmer had said he isn't back to work yet. But, would be in a couple of days. Maybe he didn't want to go. I mean geez all the media was marrying these two off already they've been barely dating..since most of the relationship he was in Afghanistan.
Who knows Kate and William didn't go and Isabella was invited to their wedding. Maybe he couldn't for some reason.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:45 PM
Courtier

After a certain month women aren't supposed to fly when pregnant...can't remember that month..but maybe that's why?

LaRae