The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Majesty

I guess it's all about wishing them well and just wait and see how everything goes. Now will she turn up at his polo charity matches? Will they go to their friends weddings together? etc.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Courtier

Royal Wedding 2020, with Baby Cambridge as a Page Boy/Bridesmaid.

Old 02-21-2013, 05:12 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I guess it's all about wishing them well and just wait and see how everything goes. Now will she turn up at his polo charity matches? Will they go to their friends weddings together? etc.
Would be nice to see Henry with a girl on his arm :)
Old 02-21-2013, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post
Royal Wedding 2020, with Baby Cambridge as a Page Boy/Bridesmaid.
Does it have to be that long?!
Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I would agree that this has the hallmarks of a fun, casual romance, but I just doubt that Harry would've embraced her so openly in full view of the paps if that were the case. He could've enjoyed a few days with her without giving the press those pictures. It seems to me that he wanted people to know about it.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Courtier

I am thinking he's following Williams game plan.

LaRae
Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Heir Apparent

She doesn't exactly come from a family with a history of stable relationships. Her mother has now divorced 4 times and her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not exactly good examples of working through the rough times to make a marriage work. Both Diana and Sarah also came from broken marriages, their mothers having run off with other men. I know Harry does too but he has also had the example of his fathers stable second marriage as well as other examples in his family. It remains to be seen if Cressida has the stuff to stick with one man through thick and thin.
For sure her family should expect to become the focus of an increasing number of stories in the DM and other tabs. They are made for it. Growing up Cressida must have needed a score card to keep up with all the comings and goings in her family.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
I would agree that this has the hallmarks of a fun, casual romance, but I just doubt that Harry would've embraced her so openly in full view of the paps if that were the case. He could've enjoyed a few days with her without giving the press those pictures. It seems to me that he wanted people to know about it.
Yes, he could have, you're absolutely right.

But why on earth would he want people to know about it? Did he not say at this last interview, or a fairly recent interview that while he wanted a wife and children, he felt no woman would want the position given the press attention. So why put a brand new relationship in full view of the paps - what worse way to put a damper on a budding relationship. Especially one where he knew that the young lady's mother has had four marriages, the father two, photogenic, It Girl siblings everywhere, and a sister who Will allegedly had a crush on. He just gave the tabloids red meat.

So why give the press this information, and display this relationship in full view? Could it be that the tabloid reports that Harry was rebuked by Ms. Bonas while in Afghanistan wounded his pride? In which case his decision to put this new relationship out in full view was to assuage his pride at the expense of Ms. Bonas' privacy and her family's privacy.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Maybe he wants to test her, see if she is made of sturdy enough stuff to withstand the media glare that comes from being in a relationship with a member of the BRF. Is she serious or will she court press attention? May as well find out now instead of later when it is too late.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
Maybe he wants to test her, see if she is made of sturdy enough stuff to withstand the media glare that comes from being in a relationship with a member of the BRF. Is she serious or will she court press attention? May as well find out now instead of later when it is too late.
That's very possible. Although she has been in the spotlight for some months now - she and her family.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM
Courtier

I don't think this is a new relationship. I think this is the next stage in an ongoing one.

LaRae
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
So why give the press this information, and display this relationship in full view? Could it be that the tabloid reports that Harry was rebuked by Ms. Bonas while in Afghanistan wounded his pride? In which case his decision to put this new relationship out in full view was to assuage his pride at the expense of Ms. Bonas' privacy and her family's privacy.
I doubt there's malicious intent on his part. I doubt it's a punishment for her, or that he's tossing her in the deep end to find out if she can swim. I just think he's not much of a strategist and hasn't thought it all through.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Or... He could have just wanted to go on vacation with his family and girlfriend. I am not judging how serious their relationship is or is not because, while the press have reported them being together as a couple, this is the first they have been photograph together(in the same picture LOL) so we shall see. I'm excited though. We haven't seen any of his other supposed girlfriends with him and especially not embracing.

Happy Dance!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:27 PM
Serene Highness

*ring...ring...ring...*

Mr. Bonas? This is Michael Middleton calling. I thought I might ring you up to have a little chat...

In all seriousness...I'm not going to read more into this than what we're seeing, but I will say this. After going through all that he did in Afghanistan, it's good to see Harry having a good and relaxed time w/someone he cares about. Whether it's really serious or not, time will tell.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:21 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
*ring...ring...ring...*

Mr. Bonas? This is Michael Middleton calling. I thought I might ring you up to have a little chat...

In all seriousness...I'm not going to read more into this than what we're seeing, but I will say this. After going through all that he did in Afghanistan, it's good to see Harry having a good and relaxed time w/someone he cares about. Whether it's really serious or not, time will tell.
The first part of your post had me laughing . I agree with you; it's nice to see Harry enjoying his time after returning home from a war zone. From the pictures, it would seem that he enjoyed Cressida's company, and that's great. I hope that he finds what he is looking for in a partner for life. He deserves happiness just like anyone else.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Yes, he could have, you're absolutely right.

Maybe the relationship is more serious than we realise? If it is, Harry will know that he'll have to acknowledge it at some point to the world. Maybe he didn't want to do so until he was home from Afghan, otherwise Cressida would've been left to deal with the press alone? Embracing her is easier than issuing a statement to the press confirming that Cressida is his girlfriend.

If she was a 'here today, gone tomorrow' fling, I doubt very much that Harry would've been so publicly affectionate in the presence of the paps.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
She doesn't exactly come from a family with a history of stable relationships. Her mother has now divorced 4 times and her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not exactly good examples of working through the rough times to make a marriage work. Both Diana and Sarah also came from broken marriages, their mothers having run off with other men. I know Harry does too but he has also had the example of his fathers stable second marriage as well as other examples in his family. It remains to be seen if Cressida has the stuff to stick with one man through thick and thin.
For sure her family should expect to become the focus of an increasing number of stories in the DM and other tabs. They are made for it. Growing up Cressida must have needed a score card to keep up with all the comings and goings in her family.

Wowww..What a family history..I dont have anything on this personally to judge them. But all I can say is that kids coming from such families cannot be emotionally stable enough to go through the rough patches..
(The lovely romance, the glamorous wedding, the Oh they adore each other so much is all OK but once into marriage, there will be many testing times ahead.)
I am sure Harry will take his own time and use proper judgement and his "lessons from history" before going ahead..
Old 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM
Courtier

I can't say that's really accurate. My parents divorced rather messily and I've been married almost 25 years to the same person.

LaRae
Old 02-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Nobility

I agree. Harry's parents had a messy...well...everything and William is doing fine and I think Harry will also. I don't know how long they have been together but the press have been spotting them and reporting on their relationship since last May so its not like they started their relationship two days ago and he's thrusting her into he spotlight. Besides of all his other 'girlfriends' which one has been out in public with him or on a ski trip for that matter. So obviously it's not a 'weekend thing'.

Besides if parents' failures and screwed up lives are an indicator for the children's lives then there is no hope LOL.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Her parents' many marriages have probably shown Cressida what not to do when it comes to romantic relationships. It'll likely make her more cautious about making the ultimate commitment, which will do her no harm.