Prince Harry Current Events 26: January 2012-April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Well I'm guessing that's a singular honour he would be happy to have missed! :ROFLMAO:

Anybody knows how long Prince Harry will stay in Afghanistan?

Princess Luna said:
Anybody knows how long Prince Harry will stay in Afghanistan?

He's doing a 4 month tour, he'll be there until just after Christmas.

I miss seeing Harrys pictures all over. Stay safe and come back soon!:sun:

The E network will be showing a 30 min program about Harrys headlines over the years coming on tonight. check eonline.com for local times.

No, he's not an American, you can't have him. Harry is 100% Sloane.

The E network will be showing a 30 min program about Harrys headlines over the years coming on tonight. check eonline.com for local times.

It was no biggie - a rehash of a previous E show with some updates and lots of snaps from Las Vegas. But there was nothing new of note.

I do miss Harry's antics. I am sure he is giving his comrades many memories for them to cherish from Afghanistan. Bless him!

Prince Harry 'killed Taliban commander' in Afghanistan by firing Hellfire missile from Apache helicopter
Apache co-pilot Prince Harry is reported to have killed a Taliban leader in a devastating airstrike in Afghanistan. The 27-year-old was called in to provide air support to troops tracking a commander level Taliban chief and hit the target with a 100lb Hellfire missile. It is the first time the Prince has been involved in a fatal airstrike against a Taliban commander, a report in The Sun said. The attack is said to have happened in late October, shortly after the prince returned to Afghanistan for his second tour of duty as gunship co-pilot.

A defence insider said: 'We were on patrol and the Apache helicopters were called in. We heard this posh voice come over the radio and knew it was Big H. They were tracking a Taliban leader - he was commander level.'
Way to go, Sun and DM. Publish this to make Harry even a greater target than he is now. :bang:
Love his army nickname though. :D

Last edited:
Prince Harry 'killed Taliban commander' in Afghanistan by firing Hellfire missile from Apache helicopter

Way to go, Sun and DM. Publish this to make Harry even a greater target than he is now. :bang:
Love his army nickname though. :D

Love this, too. As for being a greater target now: I don't think this is possible. His death or capture would be the greatest coup for the Taliban for rather impersonal reasons, just because of who he is, what he represents. That he is there to fight against them in person should rather give them more respect for the man. Not that this would help him in any way if caught... But his being there is in itself the greatest provocation, not what he actually does.

OTOH it is important for the British people, for the military and not least for those serving beside him in Afghanistan that he is there and that there is information about his service available. I bet those soldiers who came in contact with this "posh voice" and were helped by the Apaches told the story of how the prince came to their rescue, not on a white horse in shining armour, but in the modern version of flying a shining helicopter. That's what fairy tales are made of and that's what soldiers fighting in a real war need: that for queen and country does mean something, that their Royals support them and even share their fate. So this terrible war situation at least emotionally makes some sense for them in a place and time where there in fact is no sense to be found at all.

It's the same thing when it is reported that William leaves his sick and pregnant wife behind to fly out to rescue "normal" Britons in bad winter weather. That's a good thing to know in these times of flooding, cold and austerity in Britain. :flowers::flowers:

I am happy Harry is coming back in a few days. We need some lovely news to comments on here:clap:

I am happy Harry is coming back in a few days. We need some lovely news to comments on here:clap:

I'm willing to wager that he's enjoyed every minute he has had with his buds too. It will be good to see him home and safe though.

:previous:;)

The winters can be harsh – it’s currently engulfed by a chilly dust storm. But it’s where Harry celebrated his 28th birthday in September and where he last week queued with 4,000 comrades for a gargantuan Christmas lunch cooked by 60 chefs, which included 200 turkeys, 140 joints of beef and 40 boxes of sprouts.

Read more:

And yet another Henry partakes in a grand feast!! Bet they all ate heartedly. They deserve it. :flowers:

Does anyone know when Prinve Harry is back from Afghanistan? :flowers:

Does anyone know when Prinve Harry is back from Afghanistan? :flowers:

He was reported at leaving for his four month tour on 7th September, if they go exact he'll be back in 5 days.

Last edited:
Is there some type of parade when troops return from active service?

Is there some type of parade when troops return from active service?

Depends. When the Yorkshire Regiments return they parade through York, Harrogate, Leeds and I think one other city in Yorkshire. As Henry has never returned on time before, we don't know.

Thanks Lumutqueen. If he returns with the rest of his regiment, I can see no reason why he shouldn't be part of a parade. I wonder if members of his family would turn out. It's not quite the same as when Andrew returned, but it would be a lovely sight to see.

Thanks Lumutqueen. If he returns with the rest of his regiment, I can see no reason why he shouldn't be part of a parade. I wonder if members of his family would turn out. It's not quite the same as when Andrew returned, but it would be a lovely sight to see.

With Henry's squadron being based at Wattisham Airfield, there maybe a parade through the local town or city nearby when they return. I imagine a lot from the local area serve with Henry. :flowers:

:previous:
Thanks for the information, Lumutqueen. Hope there'll be an appropriate welcome for all the heroes as they come back home. :)

Turns out Harry is not just really lovable, he's also pretty influential. Harry came 18th in GQs list of Most Influential Men in Britain.
That's just 6 positions below Prince Charles (who was 12th) and significantly higher than William's result (he was 33rd).

London mayor named most influential man in Britain - Yahoo! News Maktoob

A quote about Harry from a very touching article from DM about premature babies:
Prince Harry recently visited the hospital where she is still being treated and she licked him three times.
He laughed and said: "We've only just met!" But it's her way of showing her affection.
How can you not like the guy?

A quote about Harry from a very touching article from DM about premature babies:
How can you not like the guy?

You gotta know that Baby Cambridge is going to absolutely adore his/her Uncle Harry!!

UK Daily Star and some US papers saying Harry is back this week although exact date still confidential

Isn't he back from afghanistan?

He should be back this week, like I said previously if they do it by date he'll be back tomorrow. If they do it by day it might be the end of the week.

Prince Harry named the world's most eligible bachelor
Prince Harry has been named the world's most eligible bachelor ahead of sports stars and actors including George Clooney and Jack Nicholson. Prince William's single younger brother, who is currently serving as a military helicopter co-pilot in Afghanistan, has topped the Top 40 Bachelors list compiled by America's Town & Country magazine. Harry made the list ahead of Hollywood's most famous bachelors – Clooney and Nicholson.

The list also featured a number of other European royals, including Prince Philippos of Greece and Denmark, Grace Kelly's grandson Pierre Rainier Stefano Casiraghi of Monaco, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden, and Prince Amedeo of Belgium.
Can't say I disagree with the list. I normally go for geeky guys but Harry is really quite adorable and I've always had a soft spot for him.

Last edited:
I agree although it must have been a close thing with Jack Nicholson who is 75! I thought Harry would be back by now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom